+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Not Confirming Reported Cut in CDMA iPhone 4 Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Rumors and the reports they've spawned over the last twenty-four hours suggest that sluggish sales of the CDMA-based iPhone have promoted Apple to dramatically reduce the production order for the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Not Confirming Reported Cut in CDMA iPhone 4 Orders

Rumors and the reports they've spawned over the last twenty-four hours suggest that sluggish sales of the CDMA-based iPhone have promoted Apple to dramatically reduce the production order for the model through the end of the year. If reports from the far east are, indeed, accurate, Apple may have slashed the rate of production for the CDMA iPhone by as much as 50%.

My calls to Apple regarding this issue were not immediately returned, though - as expected - its unlikely Apple will formally comment on this matter for the time being. By the same token, a diminished sales demand for the iPhone model in question is to be expected. Given the epic fanfare with which the iPhone 4 came to Verizon, it would be impossible - even for Apple - to maintain Verizon iPhone fever for the duration of the year.

It should also be noted how this information became public. Rather than an internal leak at Apple, Pegatron Technology's reported earning this week (which actually revealed net losses $19.38 million) for the first quarter of 2011, told the whole story.

Pegatron, according to DigiTimes, initially anticipated shipping some 10 million CDMA iPhone 4s in 2011, but component makers reveal to the publication that Apple's orders have plummeted, and the cut in production volume is estimated to fall as low as just five million units.

Source: DigiTimes

Thanks
    i expected this...cdma iphone...not the brightest idea....oh yea #1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fyahbwoy View Post
    i expected this...cdma iphone...not the brightest idea....oh yea #1
    Oh yea # your lame.

Well so much for Verizon. Suckers
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Would have been smart for them to just do TMO!

Would have been a simple re tool for the radio, and it would open the flood gates, and solve issues! Also, I bet TMO would have been higher then 15% of the market now too!

Oh well!

World edition.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

is verizon getting ip5? i wonder those customers are waiting for that. also perhaps there already in a contract and waiting for it to end.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if it came from Pegatron I'll believe it, but if it had come from Megatron, that's a different story!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Shanks12 (04-28-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What did they expect? If you wanted the iPhone 4, you got it 6 months earlier with AT&T. As time passes, this number will grow. AT&T contracts will end and new LTE iPhones will bring more customers to Verizon from AT&T. That's what I'm waiting for anyway

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    What did they expect? If you wanted the iPhone 4, you got it 6 months earlier with AT&T. As time passes, this number will grow. AT&T contracts will end and new LTE iPhones will bring more customers to Verizon from AT&T. That's what I'm waiting for anyway
    Well, you might wanna grab a Snickers, cause you're about to be waiting 1+ years for a LTE iDevice on any carrier. And here's the kicker. VZW won't get an LTE device until AT&T has LTE as well, making your move to VZW pointless, unless you like seeing EVDO next to your bars instead of AT&T....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (04-28-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What the hell DOES Apple ever confirm? We should be used to this by now.

If Apple's Cupertino headquarters was suddenly destroyed and reduced to rubble overnight and satellite photography confirmed it, and every camera within a 200 block radius confirmed it, and 6000 eyewitnesses confirmed it, and 500 employees confirmed it.......Apple itself would still NOT confirm it.

And why in the world would Apple EVER confirm that one of its beloved products is not selling as well as they hoped?

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

The lack in sales is due to bringing the iPhone 4 to Verizon with the iPhone 5 just around the corner to come out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

It's always happens the same way here. Everyone said how amazing the iPhone on Verizon will be. Everyone will ditch AT&T because they suck. Obviously none of that happened and now everyone one here is saying they never thought the iPhone on Verizon would sell well. It's so funny to watch everyone cover for Apple when negative things happen. Just wait until Apple really gets knocked down, it's coming soon. It's only a matter of time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

Darrius777 (04-28-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Cell phone fashion moves very quickly. The iPhone 4, while a great device, is simply old technology/ old news. Dual-core phones are right around the corner, anyway. It would be pretty dumb to get an iPhone 4 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    It's always happens the same way here. Everyone said how amazing the iPhone on Verizon will be. Everyone will ditch AT&T because they suck. Obviously none of that happened and now everyone one here is saying they never thought the iPhone on Verizon would sell well. It's so funny to watch everyone cover for Apple when negative things happen. Just wait until Apple really gets knocked down, it's coming soon. It's only a matter of time.

Huh? Your logic is hard to follow.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 04-28-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Who the hell would have thought that Apple would have sold 10M Verizon Iphones in 2011 anyway. They sold 2.2M in the first partial quarter. They would have to have sold north of 2.5M every quarter for the rest of the year. With a phone that is already 6 months old and a new phone due by the end of the year that 10M sold was never going to happen. 5-6M seams a lot more likely.

Thanks

I had an iphone4 on AT&T. Then got sick or the bill and dropped calls and low signal... The switched over to an unlocked iPhone 4 on tmobile, had a cheap bill and great signal but got sick of the slow edge data speeds so went over to Verizon iPhone 4. I'm loving my service and unlimited data. Can't wait till iPhone 5 on verizon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, if you read back over the past few yrs on this forum you will find a ton of people predicting that The big V wouldn't do so well with it's CDMA. EU pretty much did away with CDMA at the turn of the century mostly because it is 100% carrier lock. Even more so now with ever shrinking CDMA carriers in industrialized countries. Old concept that is now busting at the seams. I dont really care for any carrier but I'll tale gsm over CDMA any day. As for defending Apple, well there are some that swear they can do no wrong but.... There are people that hold true to other manufacturers as well. And lastly, you should just expect that this site will show more love for Apple than others partly because it's a iForum. Not Microsoft and for Sony...!!!... You might as well forget it. They are the enemy now to most after their bullying antics with Geo. As for the other extreme side that bashes Apple for anything well...They are just trolling like a useless person in a picket line that hasn't worked a day in their life but complains because no one gave them what they feel they deserve. Well perhaps not all but a good majority do troll here to spark useless uneducated arguments. Oh and that goes for apple fans as well so don't think this is about you. I'm just saying.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

CDMA is dead :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple getting knocked down?! lol the leader, the innovator, the company that all copies? That is some good drug your on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone is expecting the iPhone 5 to be out in the next few months so with that, why would they buy an iPhone 4 on Verizon when they could wait a month or two to get the next gen one. If it does not come out in the next few months, and Apple decides to delay it until later in the year or until next year and slow down the releases then the Verizon sales might go up since people will have more time to use their iPhone 4 before it is outdated by the next version.

Another idea is that some might be waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out so that the iPhone 4 will be reduced in price (kind of like the 3G and 3GS were lowered to clear them out of the warehouses). Wait a bit and get a better product or save some money on a product that you were already going to buy.

Some may be locked into contracts and will decide to upgrade to an iPhone 4 or 5 when the contract is up or switch carriers when their contract is up.

I am heavily considering switching to Verizon from AT&T when my contract is up and getting an iPad 3G (or LTE if it is out by then) and ditching my iphone completely. I use it mostly for internet, email, text, music and movies. Rarely for phone calls. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 4, and not using it for phone calls has nothing to do with reception. I has to do with I do not like talking on the phone (my job requires a lot of that so when I am not at work the last thing I want to do is be on the phone). In this case a tablet would be better suited for my needs and if I really want to make a phone call from it, I will use Skype.

Would rather have 3G everywhere with slower speed than sparce 3G coverage and 2-3 times the speed. That AT&T 3G speed doesn't do me any good when I go outside of their 3G coverage zones. It took over 2 years after I got back from Europe for my town to get 3G coverage. During those 2 years it was pointless to even use the internet on my iPhone 3G or iPhone 4 when I was out of my house. It was like using dial-up.

I wanted to buy the iPad but knew from the talk that the iPad 2 would be coming out in the near future so I held off (just purchased online 2-3 days ago). I am sure new customers that want the iPhone on Verizon are waiting to see what the next version will be like and if they should get that or the iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What do u expect? The iPhone 4 had a really late release date. News all over were saying to wait for the next iPhone. Also Verizon has a better phone selection. What's the competition for the iPhone on AT&T? Nothing really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I had an iphone4 on AT&T. Then got sick or the bill and dropped calls and low signal... The switched over to an unlocked iPhone 4 on tmobile, had a cheap bill and great signal but got sick of the slow edge data speeds so went over to Verizon iPhone 4. I'm loving my service and unlimited data. Can't wait till iPhone 5 on verizon.
    I have AT&T, I like it... Yes it does have dropped calls, however my bill is reasonable, and data speeds average 3X Verizon speeds.
    I put up with dropped calls because this is really a handheld first and a phone second. My friends on Verizon LOVE theirs too! I'm sure apple will make the iPhone 5 for both markets.
    Bigger market=happy Steve Jobs! And happy us since AT&T HAS to lower their prices to compete with Verizon.