+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone Alchemy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by skolpo Yep, many people believe the same thing. Apple is a dirty company, however the demand of their products allow them to be so. Sad, really. I
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skolpo View Post
    Yep, many people believe the same thing. Apple is a dirty company, however the demand of their products allow them to be so. Sad, really.
    I don't think I am alone here... But if iPhone 5 does not have some spectacular innovation to it, I would not upgrade to it. Lately Apple is just rehashing the product with just a bit faster processor and few new gadgets which should be incorporated in the original. Apple is not keeping my intersts to their product, in fact I actually have negative feeling against Apple (locationgate or whatever you want to call it).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my Milk Phone today. Its oh so clean!

Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Woop woop! Jailbroken White iPhone 4!

Thing is sexy. Wonder what it'll go for on eBay right now?
    I was thinking the same thing....or craigslist. Probably 6 or 7
    Last edited by Candyman850; 04-28-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My guess is black iPhone4 will drop in price on eBay, so that white iPhone4 is probably just a tiny bit higher than what the black one originally was.

Thanks

Yay Thrice!!! Got the 'Index on vinyl.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not sure if this was to "boost" sales. Possibly make more sales, but my ATT store only had about a dozen 16GB, and a dozen 32GB. That's not many... not enough to "boost".

Thanks

I've been making white iPhone 4's for months now...and a small piece of electrical tape with a hole to make the proximity sensor smaller and a small piece on the backside of the back around the camera flash solves any of the so-called issues they were having to delay the release. Maybe Apple should hire someone with a bit of sense to work for them. I guess I shouldn't complain though, their delay was good for business

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They are going to **** people over in a month and change when the new one comes out. I call ******** on their claims. They obviously make more black than white. They didn't want to run out of white iPhones so they decided to offload as many blacks as possible before releasing the couple hundred thousand white ones.

You think they would have figured this out during testing if it were true. (issues with the white one I mean).
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really wanna see who is gonna buy the ******* white iPhone4 now!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The Prox sensor has always been a huge issue on the white i4 and I doubt they have it completely fixed. It is rare for it to even work due to the bright plastic/glass color. My white i4 does that all the time.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

!zy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post

Why are you so offended. Almost seems like you have takin offense to something that does not concern you
    I think his speaking for most of us, specially for the developers. You just take their work, time spent and efforts for granted and complaining for something they PROBABLY are working on or not but the fact is its their choice, if your so 4KIN pissed off then why don't you try and come up with a jailbreak and see how stressful, time consuming etc... It can be, not forgetting that you probably don't understand anything beyond graphic user interface

Sorry I just hate people who take thing like this for granted

Ps am no developer

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered one of those white kits cnn.cn and I just bought a new white iphone 4. If you compare the color, the new white iPhone is a more pure white, while the prototype kit was more yellowish. It was hard to photograph but this was the best I could do, in person its more noticeable. The new white definitely looks better.

The new white iPhone is on the bottom.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackG35 For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (04-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    The Prox sensor has always been a huge issue on the white i4 and I doubt they have it completely fixed. It is rare for it to even work due to the bright plastic/glass color. My white i4 does that all the time.
    Put a piece of electrical tape on the backside of the screen with just a very small slit over the prox sensor. Doing this has resolved the issue with every phone I've had a problem with. Mine & my girlfriend's phones both work perfectly inside or even in the bright sunlight. It's simply a matter of limiting the amount of light that gets through. The sensor is tinted on the black screens, doesn't make any sense to me why they wouldn't have done that with the white.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to R1futly For This Useful Post:

one1 (04-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mitchkerbel View Post
    Why is this news. News should be a jailbreak finally for the iPad 2. With that said wtf happened to the supposed jailbreak for fw 4.3. iPad 2. I personally never upgraded hoping to be able to jailbreak my device yet there is nothing. Why is the release of a white iPhone news, cause it's officially from apple? A white iPhone 4 is nothing new. I think the next news headline should read "comex what happened to your jailbreak" I'm sure some people will take offense to my posting, but keep in mind I read the same article everyone els read stating iPad 2 jailbroken.
    This guys right plus why get a white iPhone 4 for $$$$$$ when you can swap out the black glass for white or Red Blue Grey I think I even seen an orange kit for the iPhone 4 for $150.00 and it's still an upgrade you don't have to connect to iTunes or rejailbreak it's a win win for people that want that extra pop when it comes to there iPhone 4's.
    And still waiting for iPad 2 jailbreak now that's real news.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackG35 View Post
    I ordered one of those white kits cnn.cn and I just bought a new white iphone 4. If you compare the color, the new white iPhone is a more pure white, while the prototype kit was more yellowish. It was hard to photograph but this was the best I could do, in person its more noticeable. The new white definitely looks better.

The new white iPhone is on the bottom.

I've seen 5 different shades of white depending on where it comes from. Some are very white and some are yukky vanilla white. On most without direct comparison nobody has a chance of seeing a difference.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So my black iPhone 4 just crapped out on me and won't turn on. Do you think if I take it in they'll let me trade for a white one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Dont get it..... Why would anyone spend money or wait to get a "white iphone" ?? All they gonna do is buy another color case that covers up everything but the screen lol, who even cares what color the phone is... That makes no sense , Thats what you call SLICK MARKETING, and the next iphone 4gs will be a waste of money , trust me this iphone is all you'll need FOR NOW, maybe iphone 6 .... Its like do i really need to upgrade to my firmware again and again and again or is apple trying to keep the hackers busy?? Think about it

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12