+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone? I'll Take Clear Thank You!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You don't need a pentalobe driver. A double edge razor such as one that goes in a box cutter actually unscrews the screw perfectly. FYI to those spending $10 and
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

You don't need a pentalobe driver. A double edge razor such as one that goes in a box cutter actually unscrews the screw perfectly. FYI to those spending $10 and waiting two weeks. The screws simply aren't in there that tight so the razor grabs each side of the inside of the screw and runs it right out.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool. Too bad I have an Otter Box case. Otter Box FTW!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    You don't need a pentalobe driver. A double edge razor such as one that goes in a box cutter actually unscrews the screw perfectly. FYI to those spending $10 and waiting two weeks. The screws simply aren't in there that tight so the razor grabs each side of the inside of the screw and runs it right out.
    While to each his own, I certainly wouldn't recommend people that aren't used to taking their phones apart use "double edged razor blades" as screw removal tools. Tight screws or not, one slip, and it could be stitches time, lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Apple should offer different colour iPhones just like they do with then Nano. They'd make a load more money
    They wouldn't necessarily make more money by offering different colors. They would have to separate assembly lines, separate packaging, and separate inventory, which would result in a much higher production cost. Also, if they sold various colors they would probably cut into the iPhone case market. Every single one of those cases out there that have "Made for iPhone" on them, Apple gets a cut of the profit. All that is probably part of the reason why they took so long to come out with the white iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just ordered mine at i got five dollars off. Here is the coupon code. 12511fixit . Ur welcome lol

Thanks

The original picture on this post shows an Apple logo on the backing. When you go to place an order the photos show a clear backing without the Apple logo. Can anyone confirm is there is an Apple logo no there?

Thanks

this is really simple to do
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Apple should offer different colour iPhones just like they do with then Nano. They'd make a load more money
    I'd love a blue one.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

I Like Eletronics

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M3mph1s View Post

Got mine in a few weeks ago. Two screws, and my kit came with both the phillips and torx screwdrivers. I like it because it's so different and felt the chrome went well with the silver parts inside and the overall look.

Two screws, made sure I had a microfiber cloth with me so I didn't have dust inside when I was done.

I love the employees' (and other customers) reactions when they see it at AT&T or Apple stores. Just came in to the AT&T store to get my OtterBox replaced under warranty and they offer to put the new case on for you, microfiber in hand. Employee was like, "WTF?! Hey guys, come check this out!" They aren't used to seeing anything other than stock, non-jailbroken phones.

EDIT: Mine came with camera ring and all installed and ready to drop in. Pictures look exactly the same as before with and without flash on.
    Which one did you get? Yours looks a little different.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    I heard that once you switch to a transparent back that your camera becomes useless when used with the flash. This is why the White iPhone 4 took so long because of this issue as well. I wonder if that is still the case with this particular back from iFixit?

It also took long because the light from the display itself was bleeding through the white paint and could easily be seen. One of the difficulties of manufacturing white glass without light transmittance I guess.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    Got mine for $1 plus $7 S&H.

eBay can be your best friend!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

now thats the coolest thing ever

Thanks

I just bought one, I've had a white iPhone for awhile. Now since its finally for sale time to switch things up. Clear one looks cool, different is always better.

I hope there's no tornados tonight.............
    My prayers go out to everyone thats been effected by them!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

uhhh... what are you talking about???? its two screws to replace the back. a dyslexic 5yr old could do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Kinda cool. Reminds me of the clear gameboys from back in the day - used to love those when I was a kid

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Not likely, alot of businesses have iPhones and if apple made the iPhone colorful, it would lose its professional look
    professional look? really? was that apple's goal here? to look "professional?" i don't think so. RIM tried that with the blackberry and now it looks like antiquated equipment with that "professional" qwerty keyboard.

so is my M3 less "professional" looking than a black M3 with black interior because I bought mine in white with a red interior?

i think if everyone had a choice of colors then we'd see some pretty interesting combinations of phone/case color, plus we wouldn't look like a bunch of sheep and stiffs with our 1 scheme phones.

then again buying a black phone is usually going to get a higher resale due to it appealing to more people. i'd still entertain the other color options though if they were available.
    Last edited by alexevo; 04-28-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: went off on a tangent

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braddahjosh View Post
    I think that's awesome! I've modded every single phone I've had. I've changed the housing on my 3GS and by the looks of it the iPhone 4 is even easier!
    Wow! How did u do it? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Which one did you get? Yours looks a little different.
    Ordered it from a website a while back. Now, for the life of me, I can't remember which.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its an interesting concept, however I think I would get a little sick of looking at the inside all the time.. doesn't seem to flow well with Apple's knack for aesthetics either, no?