+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Locationgate Federal Suit Filed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah me too!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah me too!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    McDonalds losing does not change the fact that it's ridiculous. Just like all phones, you can opt out some way but that doesn't leave you entirely in the clear, the cell towers and other functions need your general location for many reasons.
    You may think it is same thing but it is not.
    You have to knowingly code this tracking program into iOS, so someone knows about it. It might be the same thing if McDonalds purposely grease the coffee cup so the woman spills it? Obiously Apple plan on using it or else it would not be written, and not putting any security measures as well as an off button makes it a violation of privacy.
    BTW did something good come out of that McDonald's lawsuit? Yes it did, the design of the cups is different which prevented more people from dropping it.

The fact that you can shut it off leave Android in the clear.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-25-2011 at 05:44 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-25-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default locationgate????
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    suit is against Apple as a corporate entity not against Jobs. There is no grounds to file against Jobs unless they can prove Jobs is the one that specifically told programmers to encode locationgate or whatever you want to call it into iOS.

Bet Apple is going to have iOS 4.3.3 soon...
    Boy news must be slow these days. Who in the world came up with such lame a** name as "Locationgate". Everyone is jut throwing mud at Apple hoping something will stick. Apple has written a 13 page letter to congress last year explaining this very same issue. Everyone need to quit knee jerk action to this issue. People need to read up on the facts before jumping to conclusion. Apple is smarter then to do something that be an issue. They have attorneys that will let them know if there will be an issue with certain things. Everyone is trying to knock Apple of its perch.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 04-25-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Who are these people coming from the woodwork, and who are these bottom feeder lawyers willing to represent them. With any luck Apple will bankrupt these sharks since civil case victories require that legal fees be paid by the loser. Refunds? My god!
    Lawyer is willing to represent anybody, if there is a case that can get them lots or money or fame plenty of them is willing to help at no cost to plaintiff. Though Apple is rich, Apple is nothing when compared to the legal fees lawyers make per year as a whole.

Thanks

"The complaint is filled with familiar claims regarding location based data collection, that until recently, has occurred unbeknownst to iOS users."

Sigh This isn't new, was reported over a year ago, has been happening since 4.0 and has had a entire book written on the subject. Please copy your stories from more informed sources.

Banned
    Thanks

I love the first sentence. Generic is the best word ever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atm_10142k View Post
    People need to read up on the facts before jumping to conclusion. Apple is smarter then to do something that be an issue. The have attorneys that will let them know if there will be an issue with certain things. Everyone is trying to knock Apple of its perch.
    The fact that I used the program and was able to track my movements each single day proves that the claim is legit, I do not need someone else to come and tell me that "locationgate" is not happening when I see proof that it is.

Than is used when you want to use to compare things.

Do you think a lawyer is standing behind every programmer and asking questions about what codes they are writing? The fact that Jobs denies that this is happening shows lawyers they hire have no control at Apple, if lawyer was in control Jobs should just put a word out saying Apple do not have any comment on this matter or it will be address at a later date.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-25-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

[URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-25/apple-accused-in-suit-of-tracking-ipad-iphone-user-location-1-.html"]

The question still remains though: Who is going to serve Steve Jobs his "notice of suit" legal papers. Or who even gets served those papers? If it is in fact Jobs, how does one go about getting him to confirm his identity before servicing said papers?

Sources: Bloomberg
    That's not funny. Don't make fun of Steve.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atm_10142k View Post
    Boy news must be slow these days. Who in the world came up with such lame a** name as "Locationgate". Everyone is jut throwing mud at Apple hoping something will stick. Apple has written a 13 page letter to congress last year explaining this very same issue. Everyone need to quit knee jerk action to this issue. People need to read up on the facts before jumping to conclusion. Apple is smarter then to do something that be an issue. The have attorneys that will let them know if there will be an issue with certain things. Everyone is trying to knock Apple of its perch.
    +1

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Lawyer is willing to represent anybody, if there is a case that can get them lots or money or fame plenty of them is willing to help at no cost to plaintiff. Though Apple is rich, Apple is nothing when compared to the legal fees lawyers make per year as a whole.
    Where did u get the woodwork quote?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hang on a minute, guys! Has everyone been watching too many Bourne movies lately? What is the big deal with the location tracking? I will gladly tell anyone who wants to know where I have been over the last year if they are interested. Unless you are one of the top drug dealers in the Country do you really give a s..t if you are being tracked? This lawsuit is another ridiculous attempt of desperate people to better themselves off by pretending they are affected by something they are not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Way of time they not going to win

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I mean waste

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    This is the most ridiculous lawsuit next to the McDonalds Hot Coffee incident. Almost every mobile device and computer does this, it's nothing new at all.

Even the cheap free piece of **** phones you get from AT&T keep track of where you "were" on some level. Anyone who cares or is worried about someone discovering their GPS coordinates from 5 hours ago need a hobby or a life of some kind.
    That's not the point...the point is it is available for ANYONE to get. Sure, google and all the other companies track your web browsing and locations...but I can't go look up people and see the data myself. It's locked down.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Serve S. Jobs? I dunno if you're trying to be clever or just an idiot, but it's just dumb. Apple /= Steve Jobs. Who are these people coming from the woodwork, and who are these bottom feeder lawyers willing to represent them. With any luck Apple will bankrupt these sharks since civil case victories require that legal fees be paid by the loser. Refunds? My god!
    I understand how the legal system works. I myself served legal papers as a part time job last summer. Now there is something that should be a reality T.V. show. Some of the stuff you see is downright ridiculous.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Oh look, Johnny Fu*king Appleseed was at Wawa yesterday.
    I pity those who read this and reside in locations where WaWa does not exist/reign supreme. WaWa forever.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lombardo Joe For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (04-26-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol i dont mind really, the only place it would show would be home

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of tracking, it can also help AT&T with seeing where users are to know what areas they may need to focus on for better cell service.

It is funny to see the types of lawsuits these days. People just see an opportunity for a quick buck.

Has anyone ever thought to sue charmin if the packaging says 500 sheets and you only get 490?
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Thanks

I feel important knowing apple wants to know where I been. They'll be pissed that I haven't been in an apple store in over a year.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You guys are clearly holding your phone wrong causing it to emit tracking data.

Apple will simply explain it as a security glitch and will "patch" it with a software update and it will all soon be forgotten and all will be good in the world again.