+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.3.2 Released (UnTethered)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If I'm already on an official 4.3.2 iOS, can I just use redsn0w w/o worrying bout a custom iOS(in other words no need to hit shift+restore)? Just run redsnow.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

If I'm already on an official 4.3.2 iOS, can I just use redsn0w w/o worrying bout a custom iOS(in other words no need to hit shift+restore)? Just run redsnow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    yes. The custom ios is mainly for unlockers. If you dont need an unlock then you can just use redsn0w

Edit: You still need the official ios 4.3.2 (or 4.3.1) ipsw file for redsn0w so you need to download that too
    Last edited by iFrosty; 04-24-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Just downloaded about to use it on 3 different idevices
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

If I had to choose between cydia apps and app store apps then I would stick with cydia. But like it's been stated before if you are happy with your current firmware then you don't have to update.

Thanks

i tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 with redsnow on 4.3. It got bricked and i had to do a DFU restore with a different computer. I don't want the same thing to happen.

Some one help me jailbreak my iphone 4 safely 4.3.2. PM me
    Last edited by Dima470; 04-24-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Apple Tv 2nd gen jailbreak was covered in redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 For windows IOS 4.3.1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I ran rc14 on apple tv2 and got an "unexpected error" when it read my restore firmware. I have the most recent apple tv 2 with the most current apple firmware, 4.2.1 (2100). None of the 'read me' guides mentions Redsn0w being able to jailbreak ATV2. Any help is appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i try and jb my iphone 4 it doesnt let me chose which one i want to restore it always puts it back to factory reset

Thanks

Is the silent button bug still there?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are we ever going to have a tethered JB? :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Little help here for someone who almost gets it: I accidentally updated my iphone a while back to 4.3.2. I'm guessing that I cannot unlock now? Is there any way to?

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senator0300 View Post
    Are we ever going to have a tethered JB? :/
    Why would you want a tethered over untethered?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally am a windows user. Even though it won't benefit me, I'm glad that the Dev's are continuing to release tools (especially at the rate they've been releasing them).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can I have best of both worlds
    How do.

I've been jailbroken at 3.2.1 with a few "trick your itunes into thinking you got a newer O/S being employed to get me by, but I now need 4.0 or beyond. There's too many apps I need that i can't buy because of O/S issue. I know you can upgrade and then downgrade, I have my shsh blobs saved, but my questions are (and please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, im horribly injured from four prolapsed discs and hovering over my computer is a luxury at the moment...)
    If i upgrade my O/S-which version past 4.0 should I downgrade to so i can have an untethered JB (im a old 3GS with 05.11.07 firmware)as this one for this thread is tethered.

Secondly, I need an iPad2, dual core processor means some decent DAW will be popping up soon and im heavy user of oSC messaging etc for music blah blah. Question is..
    Do i have to/will I be prompted to upgrade my iphone to the newest O/S after purchasing the ipad and booting it up, as I assume you have to take the newest O/S when you purchase the iPad but this will null and void my jailbreak?

Apologies if this has been covered, a link to the thread its covered on would be appreciated if it has.

Thank you very much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    I ran rc14 on apple tv2 and got an "unexpected error" when it read my restore firmware. I have the most recent apple tv 2 with the most current apple firmware, 4.2.1 (2100). None of the 'read me' guides mentions Redsn0w being able to jailbreak ATV2. Any help is appreciated.
    rc14 will not jailbreak ur apple tv2, but rc12 will jailbreak it

Thanks

[QUOTE=thor311;5998411][FONT="Century Gothic"]How do.

I've been jailbroken at 3.2.1 with a few "trick your itunes into thinking you got a newer O/S being employed to get me by, but I now need 4.0 or beyond. There's too many apps I need that i can't buy because of O/S issue. I know you can upgrade and then downgrade, I have my shsh blobs saved, but my questions are (and please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, im horribly injured from four prolapsed discs and hovering over my computer is a luxury at the moment...)
    If i upgrade my O/S-which version past 4.0 should I downgrade to so i can have an untethered JB (im a old 3GS with 05.11.07 firmware)as this one for this thread is tethered.

iOS 4.3.2 jb is currently untethered

Secondly, I need an iPad2, dual core processor means some decent DAW will be popping up soon and im heavy user of oSC messaging etc for music blah blah. Question is..
    Do i have to/will I be prompted to upgrade my iphone to the newest O/S after purchasing the ipad and booting it up, as I assume you have to take the newest O/S when you purchase the iPad but this will null and void my jailbreak?

You only upgrade ur firmware if there is a new jb available, so currently there is no jb for iPad 2. And both devices don't need to be on same firmware to be jailbroken. Hope this info helps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

thor311 (04-25-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milder View Post
    Little help here for someone who almost gets it: I accidentally updated my iphone a while back to 4.3.2. I'm guessing that I cannot unlock now? Is there any way to?

Thanks!
    Yeah hate to say it but you lost your chance to unlock

So what's the deal with the iPad 2 jailbreak? Like I'm not trying to sound ungreatful but it's been jailbroken for a month and a half and we still don't have one. Why the wait? I thought 4.3 was the only one that can use that exploit?
    Last edited by Sem656; 04-24-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milder View Post

Thanks!
    iPhone model?

If it's --not-- an iphone4 --and-- you have old SHSH blobs saved, redsn0w rc8 (I think) can update the modem firmware/BB to the 6.15.x iPad modem firmware which can be unlocked with ultras0w. Lots of guides on MMI and iClarified.Com tutorial section

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How's that unlock coming along? We heard enough jailbreak news... Did apple put an end to unlock?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Running 4.3.2 for a few days now & am really digging the quickness of everything. What's this complaint about it being slow?
    My latest theme - -

Thanks

Any one getting the one signal bar syndrome like in 4.3.1, especially Rogers users?