+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: US Lawmakers Take Aim at Apple over iPhone Location Tracking

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alexevo My problem with this and the cops downloading your data based on probable cause during a traffic stop is only really 1 thing: just because i'm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    My problem with this and the cops downloading your data based on probable cause during a traffic stop is only really 1 thing: just because i'm not doing something illegal or have done something illegal doesn't mean i don't want to let go of my privacy rights.

I may not be selling or buying weed but I definitely don't want you looking through pictures of my gf on my phone or reading emails between myself and clients from work and viewing their financial data, etc.

I hope jailbreakers next focus is protecting phones from the cellebrite ufed because once cops get ahold of that, nothing will be private.
    You fail to realize apple nor anyone else cannot view your recent nudes from your girlfriend or view your email which probably contains the latest office scandal between you and your clients unless they have physical access to your device. Still paranoid? Get lockdown pro.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    Minority report, 1984, Orwell, Skynet, etc...you're already in the machine, there is no escape...
    Next time I'm taking the red pill.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    You are the biggest tool to side with Apple when people's rights to privacy is violated.
    My ex-girlfriend's boyfriend have threatened me many times before, even her best friend hears him say such things. He is a psycho and my ex always compares me with him, that is why he is so pissed.
    Your ex is the psycho, for using your replacement as a weapon against you.
    She obviously has little respect for him either.
    But these things can be 'taken care of', IYKWIM
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 04-23-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    You fail to realize apple nor anyone else cannot view your recent nudes from your girlfriend or view your email which probably contains the latest office scandal between you and your clients unless they have physical access to your device. Still paranoid? Get lockdown pro.

I'm sure you responded without fully realizing what I was referring to. I'm talking about the Cellebrite UFED device that does 1000x more data collecting than what Apple is doing and how that is an invasion of privacy if we're not doing something illegal not what Apple is doing which is no more than what AT&T could do if they decided to go back and see your movements.

I don't have a problem with what Apple is doing because it I don't like it then I just get untrackerd and it's no big deal. What I don't like is having my phone contents duplicated on a flash drive by a cop who pulled me over for a tail light bulb that burned out. If this is already happening in Michigan then I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it starts happening nationwide. Nothing you can do about protecting your data once it is out there just like what someone else said but if the person doing the collecting is doing it under less than ethical pretenses because nobody will do anything to stop them then that is where I draw the line.

No office scandals at all so obviously in my email, just clients' financial information that is not to be released to some random law enforcement officer on a power trip with a new investigative toy. The gf nudes...well that's a different subject altogether haha

Does lockdown pro actually prevent forensic devices from obtaining access or merely make it more difficult?

From the description it looks like it doesn't actually prevent outside access to the device, just access to the apps once someone has the device and is attempting to access things from the device itself.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway though

Thanks

I'm sure you responded without fully realizing what I was referring to. I'm talking about the Cellebrite UFED device that does 1000x more data collecting than what Apple is doing and how that is an invasion of privacy if we're not doing something illegal not what Apple is doing which is no more than what AT&T could do if they decided to go back and see your movements.

I don't have a problem with what Apple is doing because it I don't like it then I just get untrackerd and it's no big deal. What I don't like is having my phone contents duplicated on a flash drive by a cop who pulled me over for a tail light bulb that burned out. If this is already happening in Michigan then I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it starts happening nationwide. Nothing you can do about protecting your data once it is out there just like what someone else said but if the person doing the collecting is doing it under less than ethical pretenses because nobody will do anything to stop them then that is where I draw the line.

No office scandals at all so obviously in my email, just clients' financial information that is not to be released to some random law enforcement officer on a power trip with a new investigative toy. The gf nudes...well that's a different subject altogether haha

Does lockdown pro actually prevent forensic devices from obtaining access or merely make it more difficult?

From the description it looks like it doesn't actually prevent outside access to the device, just access to the apps once someone has the device and is attempting to access things from the device itself.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway though
    ....no cop can do that -.-'

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

....no cop can do that -.-'

They're already doing it. I'm sure if it keeps going the way it is and spreads then there will be lawsuits over it. My problem with it is you can't unring a bell. Once that information is on the internet, it's there forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What makes this lockdown pro different than the regular lock security that already comes with iPhone. I can put in a 4 digit pin and it's locked.???? Please explain

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    hahaha I love this!!!
    "Terms and Conditions" do not get Apple off the hook, I am sure a suit is in the works against Apple for this.
    Lol so many have argued with me that you sign terms agreements, contracts, it then binds you to what ever a company does, illegal, unethical, what ever you agreed. Sometimes I wonder how old some people are who post here, I outgrew such thinking after 8th grade.

Good thing 12 year olds don't run the world..........

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like Sony has bought out Apple.

Thanks

They're already doing it. I'm sure if it keeps going the way it is and spreads then there will be lawsuits over it. My problem with it is you can't unring a bell. Once that information is on the internet, it's there forever.

Ahh paranoia!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debo19832003 View Post
    What makes this lockdown pro different than the regular lock security that already comes with iPhone. I can put in a 4 digit pin and it's locked.???? Please explain

Simple passcodes are easy to crack unless you're not using a simple passcode.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have a rather complicated simple passcode(haha) but i also have my phone set to delete/wipe after 10 unsuccessful attempts. i'd lower it to 5 if i could.

Thanks

i have a rather complicated simple passcode(haha) but i also have my phone set to delete/wipe after 10 unsuccessful attempts. i'd lower it to 5 if i could.
    Why? That's stupid...if it wipes itself then you're just giving the person a new iPhone!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why? That's stupid...if it wipes itself then you're just giving the person a new iPhone!
    He's doing that anyway.
    I think it's much more likely it'll come back to bite the owner in the *****.

You gotta be pretty angry to think like that.
    I don't even have mine passworded. I keep it insured instead.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @ dark sny. How is it easy to crack the 4 digit. Maybe you know something I don't??? Is there a way for this to be cracked???

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234