+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Announces Earnings, 2.2 Million iPhone Activations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone has been good to Verizon, the largest mobile operator in the US - at least until AT&T is allowed to purchase T-Mobile. On Thursday, the mobile giant "beat
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Verizon Announces Earnings, 2.2 Million iPhone Activations

The iPhone has been good to Verizon, the largest mobile operator in the US - at least until AT&T is allowed to purchase T-Mobile. On Thursday, the mobile giant "beat the street" by announcing that it more than tripled net income in the first quarter.

Verizon said that Q1 profits were $1.44 billion (51 cents a share) compared to $443 million (16 cents a share) in Q1 2010. As expected, a certain Apple product helped drive that record profit. Verizon activated some 2.2 million iPhones, even though the iPhone 4 was available for less than one-third of the quarter for which earnings were reported.

On a consolidated basis, Verizon's total operating revenues were $27.0 billion in first-quarter 2011, an increase of 0.3 percent compared with first-quarter 2010, the company said.

Verizon, however, totally eviscerated AT&T in another category of new subscribers. Verizon Wireless picked 906,000 new subscribers. AT&T, on the other hand, picked up 62,000. Verizon now enjoys better than 104 million total connections.

"In the first quarter, Verizon Wireless solidified its industry leadership with results that once again showed sustainable, profitable growth," said Verizon Chairman and CEO Ivan Seidenberg. "We are executing on our business plans and building momentum, and we are on track to meet both our revenue and earnings objectives for the year."

Source: Verizon

Thanks

no surprise IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

+1

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow not bad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So who made more?

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iliveudie View Post
    So who made more?
    AT&T, this was covered in an earlier story

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    AT&T, this was covered in an earlier story
    I read the AT&T post. MMi never reported AT&Ts earning. Just that they activated 3.6m iPhones and have 97.5m subscribers. No amount though.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple helping out Verizon

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If Verizon allows any overseas sim card to be used, then this is technically a better deal that ATT's as ATT's units would still need to be unlocked. Anyone know how Verizon's current world phones work (will they allow for use of any overseas sim card)?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

AT&T made more... but this goes to show Verizon got this far ONLY because of the iPhone... What all the Androids did was nothing compared to the iPhone.. shows the amount of influence it has... Not a fanboy here... just pointing out the obvious