Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'untrackerd' Cydia Tweak stops iOS Location Data Storing

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I added the untrackerd tweak when this all went down, and yesterday I got a message on my iPhone that put it on the lockscreen saying my phone is to hot I can't use it til it cools down n I wasn't even using the phone, then the emergency call screen came up saying I could only make emergency calls. I rebooted the phone n took the tweak off n it is fine now, I think someone was trying to tell me they weren't happy about being blocked! Has n e one had an issue like this please let me know, thank u

Question Problems with the app
    The last change I made to my phone was installing untrackerd and my phone is boned, it may just be an unfortunate coincidence.

My phone would randomly crash. The phone dies but the "last screen" isn't cleared, and you can still see whatever was on the screen. When the powerbutton was pressed it would start to boot and once when it rebooted it said cannot connect to the network please connect to itunes and restore you phone.

Rebooted a few more times and that went away. Then it kinda worked but would still randomly crash but at long intervals.

Today the phone wouldn't boot unless it is connected to a PC and would crash if removed and not ejected from the PC.

I've naturally uninstalled untrackerd but the behavior is still there, I'll restore my phone as soon as I can; but this all started within 8 hours of installing untrackerd.

The good news is I'm apparently the only person with this problem, so it very well may be a very unfortunate coincidence.

Thanks

I don't think it's coinsedense everyone I know that has takin steps to block the copying of data using n e method has had a weird malfunction to there device, I don't think it's the tweak I think the people collecting the data notice that they r not able to all of a sudden r sending an indirect message that they know people r trying to prevent it and they r showing they r capable of messing with us further if they choose 2. Maybe a LIL muscle flexing?

I was having tons of trouble after installing it on my phone. Phone calls would keep ringing without going to voicemail, phone would freeze on the answer/decline screen requiring a reboot. battery life went down, connections slowed. I don't know how much of this was actually related to this app, but as soon as I removed it I quit having issues. Them being able to track me is worth having my working phone back.

Thanks

Default location
    if we really think about it when ur device picks up a cell tower I'm sure it's identified and if there are motives behind this they could track people more ways than one to do so, I don't like that they r tracking people secretly but unless ur up to no good who cares, Also people want apps that can find there phone if they loose it so its the same thing. If they wanna know were I am at all times they must b really bored and stop waisting that time n use it on fixing the problems they have with there devices, It looks like other companies r moving up faster than apple right now.
    Last edited by HeavyD4; 05-02-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: incorrect use of words

Default alternative solution to avoid tracking
    STOP APPLE LOCATION TRACKING TrackerBuster!!!!

This script is designed to "patch" the iPhone "bug" that makes it store user movement data.

This will not harm your device in any form, it will just configure consolidated.db to auto purge via standard sql calls.

No executable code or external program needed running on the iPhone.

This patch IS USABLE on NOT JAILBROKEN devices too

Extended info in the script itself, just open it with any text or code editor

TrackerBuster:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

7. The Following User Says Thank You to trackerbuster For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (05-02-2011)

Thanks

Hello I'm back with some more info about this tracking crap! Since it began and people started using things to block the info of our locations many people have said strange things have been happening to there devices, when I first installed untrackerd my device sent me a notice that my device is over heating n I can't use it til it cools off and I wasn't using or charging it. So I rebooted and it cleared, I removed the tweak and it was normal since. Yesterday I tried a tweak to do the same thing and I got the same message about over heating n that's impossible my phone was off the hole night. I think when apple notices it can't get the info from my Device it does that to my phone as a warning or something, if n e has a similar situation please let me know thank u

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456