Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Secures Patent for Wireless Activation

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Secures Patent for Wireless Activation

At this point, Apple could very well have its own parking space outside of the United States Patent & Trademark Office. The Cupertino, California company has been awarded yet another interesting patent, this time relating to the wireless activation of its mobile devices.

All told, this week alone, the US Patent and Trademark published a series of 18 newly granted patents for Apple, though the one most people are talking about is the patent that "relates to methods and systems for service provider activation in mobile iOS devices."

According to one aspect of the invention, the service provider signing process may be repeated for different SIM cards such that more than one activation ticket may be stored on the device. Each activation ticket stored on the device corresponds to one of the SIM cards that were inserted into the device during the signing process. In this manner, the mobile device may be prepared for activation with different service providers corresponding to the different SIM cards used during the signing process (as long as the subscriber accounts with those service providers are still valid at the time of activation).
    Simply put, if the technology described above is to be found in the iPhone 5, then buyers of the 5th generation smartphone will have the option to switch between networks. If this happens, it would certainly take carriers down a peg in terms of the influence they will respectively exert over the next generation iPhone.

With few major updated features expected in the iPhone 5, many believe that Apple will, instead, focus on giving owners more control over their iPhone. Certainly, if the wireless activation and associated features contained in Apple's slate of new patents are implemented, the iPhone 5 will clearly represent a step in the right direction for returning greater control to iPhone owners.

Source: Patently Apple

Thanks

Apple is making the moves

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

aldymsantos (04-20-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

sure sounds like it.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Me lo podían traducir en spanglish porfavor

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yawn.
    Name one patent that Apple has implemented in the iPhone ever since 2008....?

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    Dice que Apple quiere meter varias lineas de diferentes compañías celulares en el nuevo iPhone 5 asi podrás tener mayor control sobre tu iPhone sobre la elección de tus proveedores al momento de firmar el contrato. Todo esto con una patente de una tecnologia multisim.

Solo dice que quizás en el próximo iPhone Apple quiere dar el opción a le gente de cambiar de compañías a su gusto.

Thanks
    It thought this site was for english speaking ppl. Cant understand a **** of what those mexicans are trying to say -.-

Thanks

ey we ain't all mexicans (even though I am one) but not only English speaking ppl hav apple products so I think we all hav the right to be in the great mmi

The owners do ask politely that English be spoken on the site so other's know what is going on.

+1 pacing I have mexican relatives. Freedom of speech ya know

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's start an all Wingdings thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    +1 pacing I have mexican relatives. Freedom of speech ya know
    Oh sorry cer0 never knew that

Quote Originally Posted by AkkeDaBest View Post
    It thought this site was for english speaking ppl. Cant understand a **** of what those mexicans are trying to say -.-
    So r u assuming that any one that speaks Spanish is Mexican? La ignitancia y la estupides ban de la Mano buddy

So r u assuming that any one that speaks Spanish is Mexican? La ignitancia y la estupides ban de la Mano buddy
    I mean la ignorancia lol

Thanks

Default English Spanish
    Personal opinion warning. If a thread is started in English then you should reply in English. And so on. If I walked up to you speaking English would you reply in Spanish? Doesn't make sense. Common courtesy people. Jeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    ey we ain't all mexicans (even though I am one) but not only English speaking ppl hav apple products so I think we all hav the right to be in the great mmi
    If u think MMi is great, we have a serious issue

Translation: the ignorants and the stupids ban shaking hands.

That is deep, man

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes5066 View Post
    Personal opinion warning. If a thread is started in English then you should reply in English. And so on. If I walked up to you speaking English would you reply in Spanish? Doesn't make sense. Common courtesy people. Jeesh
    Y should we listen to someone who says jeesh? Wat does that even mean?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TheJailbreakGenius For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (04-20-2011)

Ok back on topic, I doubt this will make it on iPhone 5 (or 6 or 7 or 8) as described here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast