Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Taking Frenemy Samsung to Court For 'Copying' iPhone, iPad Aesthetics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Apart from having one button, same candy bar shape, the line in the top, you can't see a resemblance? Slap the iOS on the samsung phone and what does it look like? An iphone.. It's just dumb to sue anyone especially about "looks" and the "feel"of a product. My Sony tv looks like my Samsung tv, maybe Sony should sue Samsung also...

I'm very detailed. I eye almost everything. While yes it does have a tiny resemblance, still it's not exactly a "copy".

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

The galaxy s phones stock look the same I have it rooted it and switched roms

Here's a great detailed legal analysis regarding this lawsuit:
    Apple sues Samsung: a complete lawsuit analysis | This is my next...

Go Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Now do you want to link to the correct image ?
    TUAW -- The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Of course, I have done no research to validate this link either.
    Just pointing out that just because you see something on the interweb does not make it true.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-20-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

im not picking sides but this is wat i think theyre angry about mainly lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by souljerr View Post
    im not picking sides but this is wat i think theyre angry about mainly lol

now THAT i can very much see the resemblance!

Yeah i'd be pretty mad too if I saw someone who made an almost exact duplicant of my product. Apple has every right to defend their style!
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Yes, I bet Xerox were really hacked off with Apple when they copied their WIMP interface....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not just about looks, its' about specific patents that Apple has which samsung has infringed upon. Apple has many patents about the layout and look of their products and the iOS software that Samsung and also some other companies have copied and therefore infringed on. Products may look alike but since its patents that are being infringed then they are allowed to sue.

Everyone sues everyone else, occasionally a few million pass hands but mainly it's the lawyers that get rich.

Default Counter suit?
    So would this then be grounds for a counter suit, lol.

Look its the same hand

Look, it's the same photo that has already been debunked

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    if this is about samsung why do they have an ipad in the picture! lol
    lol

iPhone; often imitated, never duplicated. 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234