Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Taking Frenemy Samsung to Court For 'Copying' iPhone, iPad Aesthetics

You guys are defending apple over something that is dumb, my dad's phone old nokia has the same layout, its just easier to use, thats why they use it, not to copy apple, what other way is easier to navigate and control? where is apples widgets? and live wallpapers? thats why we have all these things, we have to evolve like that, we dont jump from 16 icons to 60 icons, because thats not how it works, that would only become more complicated for everyone, thats why when android came out ppl didnt like it, as it becomes simpler, people use it more...my dad upgraded to android and thats crazy! he didnt wanna give up his nokia...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Yeah, the Samsung phone looks uglier and less useful!

Everyone's been making phone's and tablets after Apple...
    for what reason? cuz ppl are buying them, tablets have existed for a long time, they just havent been sold because not alot of ppl buy them, thats why they started making android tablets, cuz then ppl that do their research and nerds think "tablets? i can go with a ipad or a motorola xoom that has more customizations, higher resolution screen, more RAM, memory expansion, and 4g capable..."
    Last edited by joshb2118; 04-19-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Apple is all about design, innovation and usability. Yeah they have the right to be "butt hurt", other companies are just ripping off the ideas apple works hard on and pays for. The innovation and design are a big chunk of what makes apple great. Samsung and the others need to innovate Their own ideas. They want to have an idevice killer, then they need to try to design an original device because making cheap carbon copy knocks offs isn't going to do it. Why does everything you post have to be so stupid? I swear your a 16 year old kid who hasn't learned to use his brain.
    FYI Im an 18 year old kid and I have learned. If Apple is as truely innovative as they claim then these "cheap knockoffs" won't hurt them. Which it's been like how many years, four? Since the original iPhone came out and Apple STILL dominates the market in smart phones. Apple is obviously isn't phased by any of this. And please don't call me stupid, I can't tolerate being insulted by an Apple fanboy.

ALSO, Apple is just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to copying ideas. Apple never invented the tablet but they sure as hell ripped someone else off.

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rtren...b_4E13F0BF.jpg

ALSOOOOO, let's not forget how many times Apple has copied functions that originated from the Jailbreak community, (folders, fail multitasking, etc). So please, Apple is the last person who should be suing for stealing ideas
    Last edited by IXAdamOwnzXI; 04-19-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Adding more ownage

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were the judge, and I saw that Apple was still using Samsung for parts during the suit I'd throw the case out. You don't do business with people/companies you have a problem with.
    -FBIRyuJin

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Get a life. Ur probably 6 yrs old
    Coming from the person who says "ur" :'D

exactly apple isnt the first to do things, not one of their products is totally made in a design the hasnt been already made, its a dumb lawsuit they will lose, unless its a 1:1 copy of there springboard and or icons, i dont c whats the problem, if they are so "innovative" they just create another layout, but they aren't, just cuz my drawing is drawn vertically like yours doesnt mean i copied you, it just means i like drawing vertically and its easier...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshb2118 View Post
    for what reason? cuz ppl are buying them, tablets have existed for a long time, they just havent been sold because not alot of ppl buy them, thats why they started making android tablets, cuz then ppl that do their research and nerds think "tablets? i can go with a ipad or a motorola xoom that has more customizations, higher resolution screen, more RAM, memory expansion, and 4g capable..."
    What???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Honestly I don't. Just looks like a regular cheap phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Apple is all about design, innovation and usability. Yeah they have the right to be "butt hurt", other companies are just ripping off the ideas apple works hard on and pays for. The innovation and design are a big chunk of what makes apple great. Samsung and the others need to innovate Their own ideas. They want to have an idevice killer, then they need to try to design an original device because making cheap carbon copy knocks offs isn't going to do it. Why does everything you post have to be so stupid? I swear your a 16 year old kid who hasn't learned to use his brain.
    I swear you're an 8 yr old (judging from past experiences) who insults people based on their own opinoins. Why does every post of yours have to be contradticting?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    It's funny how Apple innovates, and everyone else tries to copy. This happens with all idevices, I mean the tablet market was horrible. It wasn't even mainstream, till the iPad. Now everyones trying to make tablets. Same with touch screen phones, yea there was a few out there. None like the iPhone, now there are hundreds. Apple's iPod, iPhone, and iPad have all been copied over & over the past few years by everyone. I think these other companies just try to come up with there own ideas, instead of copying what's working for Apple.
    Correction: It happens with all high demand gagets. I bet if Microsoft came out with a zune that was x100 better than an iPod, Apple would be all over that **** and getting under its hood.
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 04-19-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

who copy who? if you see who starts with touch screen was Handspring was not the best but was a touch screen, so Apple keep going with Iphone ,competitors is health for the technology and for us !!!!

jrrtps

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    Honestly I don't. Just looks like a regular cheap phone.
    Apart from having one button, same candy bar shape, the line in the top, you can't see a resemblance? Slap the iOS on the samsung phone and what does it look like? An iphone.. It's just dumb to sue anyone especially about "looks" and the "feel"of a product. My Sony tv looks like my Samsung tv, maybe Sony should sue Samsung also...

it great...i hope it coming

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonenet View Post
    it great...i hope it coming
    What??

god, iphones werent the only cellphones built, iphone had plenty of things copied, i dont understand why apple has to be a big jerk about all these lawsuits, apple is only giving itself a bad name...

I dont get this? how can you patent 4 icons in 5 rows? madness its a very simple design and works well with the screen sizes, its also very generic.

So if Samsung only put 3 or 5 icons in 1 row would that be OK?
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

This case will get thrown out simply on the fact that Samsung isn't copying Apple. Think about it, how much different can the Samsung devices look when they contain the same screens and chips as the iDevices? I mean you could put a different back on the device, and a few minor changes on the front, but it's going to look similar. Samsung wouldn't add bulk just to look different, people want sleek, it doesn't make sense. I am not defending the IOS feel, that is something that could be investigated. Realistically though, Apple is suing Samsung for using the same parts they are contracted to build.
    Cruel Blue World iPad Theme
    If you like my themes, please consider a donation to help me grow!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Apple is expected to cough up an estimated $7.8 billion this year alone on Samsung components for use in the iDevice line.
    I bet the new iPhone has a lot of different components in it
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    If this is about samsung why do they have an ipad in the picture! lol
    Lmao. Striking resemblance there
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Apple attorney - "they copied us! We demand repercussions!"
    Samsung attorney - "It's a lie! Our ideas are original!"
    The judge - "The court decided in favor of Apple to receive damages from Samsung in the amount of 550 million dollars."

(at Starbucks a few hours later)
    Apple agent - "So how much are those retina displays and processors going to cost us? The same price we agreed on, $7.8 billion?"
    Samsung agent - "Well uh... The tsunami caused some damage so unfortunately our price went up by $550 million dollars..."
    Apple agent - ".... Damn it."

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    The judge - "The court decided in favor of Apple to receive damages from Samsung in the amount of 550 million dollars."

Apple agent - "So how much are those retina displays and processors going to cost us? The same price we agreed on, $7.8 billion?"
    Samsung agent - "Well uh... The tsunami caused some damage so unfortunately our price went up by $550 million dollars..."
    Thats Pretty much what could happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post

LMFAO, Holy $&@", funniest thing I ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Coming from the person who says "ur" :'D
    Ur? Xcuse meh fo bin soch an laosy shpewer! Es der an pawblem?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast