Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team Updates Redsn0w to Include 4.3.2 Untether

jailbreak for the ios4.3.2....
    So good news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    Thank you....Can we please have a criers and whiners aisle so the rest of us can read an article in peace?
    I JB'd my ipad v1 and frankly...I dont do anything on it that requires the JB (iphone is a different story).

So I am not sure why folks really need it on the Ipad 2. What am I missing?

Default Help por favor
    Ok so this is my first time posting and any help is much appreciated! I was running 4.2.1 JB w/GreenPoison. I backed up on itunes and w/pgbkup and then downloaded and installed 4.3.2. I recieved an error message near the end, but kicked it out of recovery mode with tinyumbrella. Everything looked good. I then followed the steps to JB w/Redsnow rc14 (Mac) and everything went through without a hitch. Here is the problem.. after it was complete and I signed back into Cydia, I ran my pgbkup and it reinstalled what appears to be everything but now I can not use any apps at all. The only thing that works is apples utilities. ex. camera, photos, mms... what the hell is wrong with my JB? How can i fix this major issue?

I do have error messages now when I go into Cydia. Quite a few actually and it starts refreshing data. Mostly failed to fetch errors or key expired. Again can someone please help? Thanks!! I can message a pic of the errors if needed.

My apologies.. I have an iphone4 (ATT)
    Last edited by iFckdMrsJobs; 04-20-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vr4playa View Post
    So did you try to JB with redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 on 4.2.1 then upgrade to 4.3.2?

This is my sticking point. I JB when I first got my i4 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 and iOS 4.2.1. Since then I've had to reboot it tethered 3x and it really sucked. I want to do an untethered JB, but just want to make sure that I'm not gonna lose my Cydia packages and JB apps.

So to be clear, all I need to do is upgrade to 4.3.2 in iTunes, then JB with the 0.9.6rc14 and nothing else?
    If you dont want to lose anything just stay on 4.2.1 and run greenpoison rc6.1 over your existing redsnow jailbreak. It will untether you. This has been available for a few months now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

vr4playa (04-21-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    So I am not sure why folks really need it on the Ipad 2. What am I missing?
    My thoughts exactly! I had an iPad1 and now an iPad2. Never jailbroken and having a blast with it. Someone in this thread referred to their iPad 2 as a paperweight until its jailbroken. Really dont understand that one.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

I picked up an iPad2, skipping the 1st gen pad. It's wifi only, so I want to JB mine, to install the mywi on demand part. That's the main reason i want to jb it...

mywi uses 3g signal, what good would that do on a wifi-only ipad?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewstone View Post
    mywi uses 3g signal, what good would that do on a wifi-only ipad?
    Huh!?!? MyWi creates/ turns ur phone into a hotspot! The iPad will receive this WiFi signal to connect to ur phone.

The on-demand feature is not that great BTW.

exactly, jeepshots said he or she bought a ipad2 wifi-only and wants to install mywi. how would that work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeepshots View Post
    I picked up an iPad2, skipping the 1st gen pad. It's wifi only, so I want to JB mine, to install the mywi on demand part. That's the main reason i want to jb it...
    I don't see any reason to have MyWi on a wifi-only iPad.

MyWi creates a bridge between two networks on a single device. In the case of an iPhone w/MiWi (3G/Edge and WiFi). This allows wifi connected devices to access the internet over the iPhones 3G/Edge network.

For a device with only ONE network interface?!?! What are you bridging to? What am I missing?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

drewstone (04-20-2011)

Thanks

exactly, jeepshots said he or she bought a ipad2 wifi-only and wants to install mywi. how would that work?
    MyWi has a feature now called On-Demand. Essentially, both the phone and iPad have MyWi On-Demand installed. Whenever you turn on MyWi, the iPad will automatically ask the phone if u wanna allow the iPad to connect (via Bluetooth). I've had hit or miss results w/ it. The only benefit is that Bluetooth tethering uses less battery on your phone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Mes (04-20-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Thanks, I got it. Automation gone wild

Thanks

So, jeepshots wants MyWi On-Demand for his iPad 2 but it's really not necessary.

He loses the ability for his iPad to ask him if he wants the iPad to auto-connect and loses the BT tethering but he can still use the iPad to tether via the WiFi Hotspot that the iPhone creates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^Thanks, I got it. Automation gone wild
    I thought u knew this!?!? Aren't u a JB genius???

well thanks for explaining my "learn a new thing a day" on 4-20!!!

Thanks

well thanks for explaining my "learn a new thing a day" on 4-20!!!
    It is 4/20! Doesn't do anything for me but I'm sure some of my friends 'somewhere' are excited!

Yeah, ultrasn0w is NOT working for me on 4.3.2 and baseband 6.15. It won't read any SIM card (AT&T included) and when a SIM card is inserted, it breaks the wifi connection. W....T.....F.....

Just a heads up for those of you in similar situations needing unlock on 4.3.2. Hopefully the forthcoming pwnagetool fixes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Yeah, ultrasn0w is NOT working for me on 4.3.2 and baseband 6.15. It won't read any SIM card (AT&T included) and when a SIM card is inserted, it breaks the wifi connection. W....T.....F.....

Just a heads up for those of you in similar situations needing unlock on 4.3.2. Hopefully the forthcoming pwnagetool fixes this.
    What happens when you downgrade back to 4.2.1 or 4.3.1?

Thanks

I've been using MyWi since it first came out. This On Demand feature is a waste of $5 IMO...

after i jailbroked my iphone4 to 4.3.2 my signal is always 1 bar. pls help here

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast