+ Reply
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Dev Team Updates Redsn0w to Include 4.3.2 Untether

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Redsn0w 0.9.6rc13 didn't work on my iPhone 4. It got stuck in a boot and then I had to restore it. Anyone have a solution? Sent from my iPhone using
...
  1. #141
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts

    Redsn0w 0.9.6rc13 didn't work on my iPhone 4. It got stuck in a boot and then I had to restore it. Anyone have a solution?


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

  2. #142
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,480
    Thanks
    6,783
    Thanked 15,184 Times in 6,970 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    Redsn0w 0.9.6rc13 didn't work on my iPhone 4. It got stuck in a boot and then I had to restore it. Anyone have a solution?


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Yes, use redsnow 0.9.6rc14

  3. #143
    iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Ok at least 10 people have whined about the lack of an ipad 2 jailbreak, can we give it a rest already? We get it.

    Whining won't make it come out any faster. You are pissing and moaning to the wrong people. Go whine to the dev team in their various twitter accounts and spare us.

    Don't like that you can't jailbreak? Then you figure out the jailbreak and release it to the world yourself.
    Thank you....Can we please have a criers and whiners aisle so the rest of us can read an article in peace?
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

  4. #144
    iPhoneaholic jdm.accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Just got an iPhone 3GS back from repair from Apple (brand new). Updated it to 4.3.2 and ran RS RC14. Need unlock so I installed iPad BB. It won't read SIM cards when ultran0w is installed. Not AT&T or T-Mo. And when a SIM is installed it gets really laggy and just says "searching" the whole time. I uninstalled US and still no dice on the AT&T card until I ran redsn0w again to re-install Cydia. It read the AT&T card fine with a fresh Cydia install but NO ultrasn0w installed. What is also interesting is that the "Modem Firmware" line is blank when a SIM card (AT&T included) is inserted when ultrasn0w is installed. Reads 6.15.00 fine when US isn't installed or no SIM inserted.

    TL;DR
    unltrasn0w not working and phone won't read any SIM card (AT&T included) when US is installed.

    Anyone with similar trouble/fixes? Guess I'll just wait for pwnage at this point
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 04-19-2011 at 12:03 PM.

  5. #145
    Green Apple JSkywalker217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Is there a way someone can compile a compatability list for this 4.3.2 firmware of all cydia apps, themes, etc. There is one for 4.0 and 4.1 below:

    The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

    Largest Unofficial list of 4.1 Compatibilities and Requests

    Something like that would be awesome. Can anyone do this? It would be helpful to the JB community before upgrading to that FW.
    Last edited by JSkywalker217; 04-19-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Bartle Doo

  6. #146
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts

    How to enable multitasking gestures on iphone 4 on 4.3.2 ?

    anyone ?

    nvm, works the same way as in 4.3.1.
    Last edited by Petrit H; 04-19-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #147
    Green Apple IB1GMANI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Will this work on Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.6

  8. #148
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,480
    Thanks
    6,783
    Thanked 15,184 Times in 6,970 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IB1GMANI View Post
    Will this work on Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.6
    Use greenpoison rc6.1 on that.

  9. #149
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    Wow, that was easy
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  10. #150
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Where do we go for the untethered version

  11. #151
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,480
    Thanks
    6,783
    Thanked 15,184 Times in 6,970 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroke55 View Post
    Where do we go for the untethered version
    This is the untethered version

  12. #152
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    I hate to ask but this is the first time EVER that I've had trouble jailbreaking. I currently have 4.2.1 jb on my iPhone 4. I downloaded 4.3.2 fw and ran redsnow. Got into DFU mode and a bunch of code runs on the screen and then my phone says something like "cannot download firmware" or something. I forgot what it said exactly. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can someone lend a hand? I feel really stupid.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  13. #153
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,480
    Thanks
    6,783
    Thanked 15,184 Times in 6,970 Posts

    You have to actually update to 4.3.2 in iTunes first. Redsnow doesnt update the firmware for you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    TheOrioles33 (04-19-2011)

  15. #154
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You have to actually update to 4.3.2 in iTunes first. Redsnow doesnt update the firmware for you.
    Ahhhh! Thanks!!

    Edit: 20 minutes later, jailbroken! Thanks again!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 04-19-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  16. #155
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,115
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 912 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    check this out, dscottjr81

    Here you go everyone. I went ahead and started it for you:

    iPad 2 Jailbreak: Where is it? :-(
    @dscottjr81

    LOL, a few people are actually posting on that thread to complain!!! 

  17. #156
    iPhoneaholic jdm.accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Just got an iPhone 3GS back from repair from Apple (brand new). Updated it to 4.3.2 and ran RS RC14. Need unlock so I installed iPad BB. It won't read SIM cards when ultran0w is installed. Not AT&T or T-Mo. And when a SIM is installed it gets really laggy and just says "searching" the whole time. I uninstalled US and still no dice on the AT&T card until I ran redsn0w again to re-install Cydia. It read the AT&T card fine with a fresh Cydia install but NO ultrasn0w installed. What is also interesting is that the "Modem Firmware" line is blank when a SIM card (AT&T included) is inserted when ultrasn0w is installed. Reads 6.15.00 fine when US isn't installed or no SIM inserted.

    TL;DR
    unltrasn0w not working and phone won't read any SIM card (AT&T included) when US is installed.

    Anyone with similar trouble/fixes? Guess I'll just wait for pwnage at this point
    No else is having this issue?

  18. #157
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,287
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 916 Times in 831 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroke55 View Post
    Where do we go for the untethered version
    Dev-Team Blog
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  19. #158
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    thank you so much for this critical piece of information. nevertheless a pwnage tool update is why unlockers are advised to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I hate to ask but this is the first time EVER that I've had trouble jailbreaking. I currently have 4.2.1 jb on my iPhone 4. I downloaded 4.3.2 fw and ran redsnow. Got into DFU mode and a bunch of code runs on the screen and then my phone says something like "cannot download firmware" or something. I forgot what it said exactly. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can someone lend a hand? I feel really stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Ahhhh! Thanks!!

    Edit: 20 minutes later, jailbroken! Thanks again!
    So did you try to JB with redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 on 4.2.1 then upgrade to 4.3.2?

    This is my sticking point. I JB when I first got my i4 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 and iOS 4.2.1. Since then I've had to reboot it tethered 3x and it really sucked. I want to do an untethered JB, but just want to make sure that I'm not gonna lose my Cydia packages and JB apps.

    So to be clear, all I need to do is upgrade to 4.3.2 in iTunes, then JB with the 0.9.6rc14 and nothing else?

  20. #159
    iPhoneaholic StayyyFlyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 80 Times in 56 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iFiend View Post
    This is crap.
    dude he said never to install cydia over an installed cydia. just run the jb and it will untether it lol or check animated boot logos if you need one checked for OCD purposes

    and I have the vibrate bug

  21. #160
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,287
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 916 Times in 831 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vr4playa View Post
    I want to do an untethered JB, but just want to make sure that I'm not gonna lose my Cydia packages and JB apps.

    So to be clear, all I need to do is upgrade to 4.3.2 in iTunes, then JB with the 0.9.6rc14 and nothing else?
    Upgrading to 4.32 will delete all your cydia apps. you will have to re-install them. aptbackup helps but pkgbackup is better but you have pay for it.

    All the apps you have paid for you will be able to download again, it's just a case of setting them back up.

    Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    dude he said never to install cydia over an installed cydia. just run the jb and it will untether it lol or check animated boot logos if you need one checked for OCD purposes

    and I have the vibrate bug
    I did say to install cydia over cydia as that is exactly what I did without a problem.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-20-2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    vr4playa (04-21-2011)

+ Reply
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts