Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team Updates Redsn0w to Include 4.3.2 Untether

Only issue with the old baseband is the one signal bar. It isn't that big of a deal but it would be nice to know what I really have.

Quote Originally Posted by iFckdMrsJobs View Post
    Only issue with the old baseband is the one signal bar. It isn't that big of a deal but it would be nice to know what I really have.
    i thought i had the same problem with the 1 signal bar, but then i remembered that i have $hitty at&t service

Quote Originally Posted by drewstone View Post
    i thought i had the same problem with the 1 signal bar, but then i remembered that i have $hitty at&t service
    Hahaha.. I hear ya but I have excellent service in my home. Only issues I have had with ATT are dropped calls but that actually has seemed to have stopped a few months ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,372 Posts

Hahaha.. I hear ya but I have excellent service in my home. Only issues I have had with ATT are dropped calls but that actually has seemed to have stopped a few months ago.
    Ultrasn0w (in Cydia) fixes the 1-bar issue BUT w/ AT&T, ultrasn0w can cause major signal problems

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

I think we missed the point of the whole thing. You were so supposed to update your baseband to 4.10.01 so that your signal bars would be normal. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think we missed the point of the whole thing. You were so supposed to update your baseband to 4.10.01 so that your signal bars would be normal. Or am I missing something here?
    I agree Simon, I'm not sure what the
    end result was supposed to be now! LOL!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Had that problem on 4.3.1.. But i had jailbroke with Snowbreeze

Fresh restore to 4.3.2, JB with redsnow.. Running like a dream.
    My latest theme - -

Simon that is exactly what I was attempting to do. I don't know what I did wrong?
    I still want to accomplish the original goal.

Thanks

Simon that is exactly what I was attempting to do. I don't know what I did wrong?
    I still want to accomplish the original goal.
    Well somehow/someway you restored ur phone with a Custom 4.3.2 Firmware that preserved your baseband. A regular update would not have kept your baseband the way it is now.

U can approach this in two ways:
    You can deal w/ the issue and eventually be able to sell your phone for a good amount of money since it's unlockable

OR

Do a regular Restore w/ a Normal 4.3.2 IPSW.

Since the iPhone 5 will drop soon, if it were me, I would deal w/ the 1-Bar issue and sell ur phone off around that time... You should be able to make a lot of ur money back since it can be unlocked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

iFckdMrsJobs (04-22-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Well somehow/someway you restored ur phone with a Custom 4.3.2 Firmware that preserved your baseband. A regular update would not have kept your baseband the way it is now.

U can approach this in two ways:
    You can deal w/ the issue and eventually be able to sell your phone for a good amount of money since it's unlockable

OR

Do a regular Restore w/ a Normal 4.3.2 IPSW.

Since the iPhone 5 will drop soon, if it were me, I would deal w/ the 1-Bar issue and sell ur phone off around that time... You should be able to make a lot of ur money back since it can be unlocked.
    I have resold my all my iphones right before the new one drops except the original, and I have made good money. I didn't look at from that perspective though. Do you think the need for an unlockable gsm will still be there with the upcoming merger?

Thanks

You already have a baseband that is not able to be unlocked (2.10). So it shouldn't make a difference if you update your baseband to 4.10.

In case anyone is interested, I fixed my reception issues using the ultrasn0w fixer. Link below. Installed this and it immediately gave me service on AT&T and T-Mo

Unlock iOS 4.3.2 On iPhone 4, 3GS With Ultrasn0w Fixer For 4.3.2 [How-To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Thanks

You already have a baseband that is not able to be unlocked (2.10). So it shouldn't make a difference if you update your baseband to 4.10.
    2.10 isn't unlockable??? I'll have to research this again. I thought it was but I definitely could be wrong. Sorry for the misguided info...

Thanks

Poop! Ur right, 2.10 isn't unlockable. So it doesn't matter now! Dont listen to me anymore...listen to Simon!

Thanks Simon. I have a newly discovered issue that I overlooked. I have none of my contacts anymore. I have no idea why this sh@t is happening. I have jb for quite some time and have never had issues like this before. I want a fresh restore on 4.3.2 and my previous contacts back. How do I accomplish this please? Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Poop! Ur right, 2.10 isn't unlockable. So it doesn't matter now! Dont listen to me anymore...listen to Simon!
    No problem man.. You have helped me as well! I just want my iphone back to 4.3.2 with redsnow and my contacts which are now lost for some reason.

My girl looks like she wants to kill me cause I have been staring at my mac for the past two days!

I hooked up my OG iphone and restored that and I was able to get my contacts back on that iphone. It will be time consuming but I can copy them over to my iphone4 if need be. Now the major concern is 4.3.2 jb on redsnow with no bs 1 signal bar.
    Last edited by iFckdMrsJobs; 04-22-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You need to restore from one of your backups to get your contacts back.

Thanks

Thanks Simon. I have a newly discovered issue that I overlooked. I have none of my contacts anymore. I have no idea why this sh@t is happening. I have jb for quite some time and have never had issues like this before. I want a fresh restore on 4.3.2 and my previous contacts back. How do I accomplish this please? Thanks for your time!

No problem man.. You have helped me as well! I just want my iphone back to 4.3.2 with redsnow and my contacts which are now lost for some reason.

My girl looks like she wants to kill me cause I have been staring at my mac for the past two days!

I hooked up my OG iphone and restored that and I was able to get my contacts back on that iphone. It will be time consuming but I can copy them over to my iphone4 if need be. Now the major concern is 4.3.2 jb on redsnow with no bs 1 signal bar.
    Like we said, a Restore w/ a normal 4.3.2 IPSW will fix it

Thanks

But don't listen to me! LOL
    ...let Simon confirm that! 

Anyone having issues with the iPod just closing when trying to open it on the iPhone 4? Wondering if theres a way to fix without having to restore. Thanks!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast