+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5 To Deliver Few Modifications Over iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rpgpromaster is the iphone 5 where the verison and at&t iphone merge? The only way they could do that is if they put both a CDMA and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    is the iphone 5 where the verison and at&t iphone merge?
    The only way they could do that is if they put both a CDMA and GSM chip in each phone. Is that what you're thinking they'll do, or did you not know Verizon and AT&T use completely different technologies?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flight-medic-752 View Post
    Think I'll upgrade my wife's 3GS and I'll hold out for the i6.

Jim
    Thats what I am gonna do.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Not a big surprise. It is like the iPhone 3/iPhone 3GS all over again. If it doesn't have a 4G radio then it will be a fail.
    just get the even numbered iphones lol or get a new iphone every 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Had 3G, skipped 3GS, got an iPhone 4, best experience ever

Gonna do it again, skip iP5 and jump from iP4 to iP6. Plus I barely got my iPhone 4 6 months ago :/
    good idea i did the same thing with my phone went from 3g skipped 3gs then got 4
    Last edited by matrixhunter; 04-18-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

I am disappoint.

Android has some seriously nice hardware coming out. I thought Apple would have to step up their game.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I honestly can't believe how many people actually agree with the statement that not too much happened from the 3G to the 3GS. If you compare specs the 2G and 3G were virtually identical inside. The 3G to the 3GS had every single aspect of the inside upgraded. Just because the case was the same doesn't mean it's the same phone.

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    I am disappoint.

Android has some seriously nice hardware coming out. I thought Apple would have to step up their game.
    The iPhone 4 is 10 months old. The iPhone 5 will have equal or better specs than all the current top Android phones on the market today.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 04-18-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

I told almost 4 months ago that the next one is the 4Gs. And will be!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

That suuuuux. I was really hoping for a re-design. The glass backing on the iphone 4 feels dumb and gets scratches. Something thinner with the same ipad-like back would be sexy. Should i stay with my 32GB 3GS, get the iphone 5, or wait for 6? Oye vey... did I just say iPhone 6?

Thanks

I would be happy to skip a generation if there is nothing that blows my socks off. I would like to see if one of these phones will hold up for a full two years of normal use. I have bought all of the others from the first to the 4th right when they came out. Pulled one of my iphone 3gs's out of a drawer the other day to give to a friend and the damn battery had exploded. Who knows why. On another note the original one still works fine as an ipod that I occasionally use at the gym.

Also skipping iPad 2. I did not see enough of a difference from iPad 1 which I love to use for work. I rarely now carry a full notebook computer for work(Medical Sales).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 1,676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    That suuuuux. I was really hoping for a re-design. The glass backing on the iphone 4 feels dumb and gets scratches. Something thinner with the same ipad-like back would be sexy. Should i stay with my 32GB 3GS, get the iphone 5, or wait for 6? Oye vey... did I just say iPhone 6?
    I'll be sticking to my 3GS 32gb iPhone for a while lol

Follow us on twitter @iOSAlliance
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

Thanks

The iPhone 4 is 10 months old. The iPhone 5 will have equal or better specs than all the current top Android phones on the market today.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Lol like what?? A 8 mega pix camera??? Most Android phones comes stander with it! SMH HA

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    The iPhone 4 is 10 months old. The iPhone 5 will have equal or better specs than all the current top Android phones on the market today.[/B][/COLOR]

Lol like what?? A 8 mega pix camera??? Most Android phones comes stander with it! SMH HA
    After a certain point, megapixels don't mean anything. Even digital SLRs, with their physically much larger sensors, are reaching the point where the pixels are smaller than the wavelengths in the visible light spectrum. On s cell phone camera, one can theoretically have a 2MP sensor that produces much nicer images than a 10MP sensor. Now if the new iPhone truly is getting a camera from sony, it may also get a Carl Zeiss lens, which could allow for some nice pictures.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to terraphantm For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (04-18-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    I am disappoint.

Apple will never have to step up their game as long as the fanatics keep buying their products. The day Apple makes a humongous announcement about the next "revolutionary" device with sub-par features and not a single store sells out on opening day......that is the day Apple MIGHT wake up.

But as long as people keep flocking to buy their products that many say are "behind".....they have no reason to change anything.

Look what happened with the signal attenuation problem. First Apple blames it on the consumer.....they get tons of heat for doing that....they double back and acknowledge the problem ONLY after facing serious scrutiny.....then they band-aid the fix with free bumpers that probably cost them 50 cents to manufacture that (a) scratch the phone, and (b) stretch and become loose when being taken off too frequently for cleaning.

So yeah. Apple doesn't have to do anything because they've got the people wrapped around their finger.

Thanks

I am not too bothered about the camera the 5mp on my i4 is great while I don't have my slr around. I was thinking of getting rid of the iPhone 4 and going back to the 3GS for a while now and getting the 5 I seriously hope there are a few good imrpovements on the processor ram and maybe a redesign as sexy as the i4 is something fresh will be nice and they could get rid of the dreaded antennagate

Thanks

What else is new? There isn't much they can give a new iPhone, at this point. NFC is one of the few things the iPhone 4 is lacking, and a lot of people want it. Apple would be stupid not to include it in the next iPhone. No matter the upgrade (aside from nothing at all), I'll be getting the iPhone 5 just to be better than every other rich ****** at my school.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    With all the rumours about a September release for the iPhone 5, and the WWDC keynote in June geared towards Lion & iOS. I think the iPhone 5 will be showcased as a 'One Last thing' announcement at the end of the keynote.

You never know, we can only hope...!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can we go back to the curved style of the 3G and 3G[S]?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rayzeur22 For This Useful Post:

lightningedge (04-19-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Give me a better processor, Bigger HD, Ram, and THUNDERBOLT compatiblity and im in!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda figured the annual iphone release would be similar to the iphone 4. It may even be called the iphine 4gs. This is the pattern apple has been showing with thier releases. Which is ok by me because the iphone 6 should be amazing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Rumour has it that the i5 has a 32" screen, 15G network capabilities and a quad core i7. See, anyone can speculate!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to welchy For This Useful Post:

gthugballin (04-18-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welchy View Post
    Rumour has it that the i5 has a 32" screen, 15G network capabilities and a quad core i7. See, anyone can speculate!
    Rumor has it you spelled "rumor" wrong. Just speculating.

With as many "rumor" articles that bombard this site that's the one word everyone should be well familiar with.