+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: India Preparing for Major iPhone 4 Expansion

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi, i am from India and i have been using all the i devices since the beginning and usually get my device from the US within a month of launch
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi, i am from India and i have been using all the i devices since the beginning and usually get my device from the US within a month of launch or so..and its the same with most of my friends.

I have always wondered why apple has ignored such a good market for their products, whereas RIM has captured this market really well. I think one of the main reasons blackberry is more popular here is because apple has not really penetrated the market.The devices are launched so late that all the charm is lost.

@Jahooba...as suggested you should come down here to understand what India is all about

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Like many of us, after experiencing a luxury device like an iPhone or Android there's no turning back.
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was in india a year back and the iPhone experience is not how it is for me otherwise. Yes, working on an edge connection wich is not stable most of the time is not a nice thing at all. Yes I know 3G is available now, but I beleive the rates are high. How many you know who use 3G now ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Why? Apple sells factory unlocked iPhones to the UK for 500 pounds... I'm actually considering buying my next iPhone from there so I can use it worldwide.
    Stupid! That is the same as buying for 900$

Thanks

Imho apple are idiots to not launch iphone early in india! None of their models have been successful in india due to their dumb ignorance in the indian market..indians will not buy their outdated iphone4 esoecially when iphone5 is out in the corner

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

EDIT wrong thread
    Last edited by Madman604x; 04-12-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    Stupid! That is the same as buying for 900$
    Who you calling stupid? It's $813. For the 32gb, a $63 premium over the US iPhone which is locked. Do your math before calling names and making an idiot of yourself.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes 3g is available now, as of now service providers are providing 3g for free to get the users hooked..after that they will start charging. I have gone through various packages and the charges are quite reasonable.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I just can't reconcile this news with my mental view of India, which I understand to be mostly ultra-poor. I just imagine people with no food in an un-air-conditioned hut tapping away on an iPhone.

I mean, of COURSE there's a wealthy upper class, but I never hear anything about the middle class in India. Is there one? There's simply a giant dark void in my knowledge of India...
    Get your facts right about India!!! You are more outdated than the official iPhone models in India.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That why they outsource IT from India.lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

India no wanted for a locked phone that's why maker knows even though if they launch ther is no wanted
    Last edited by 123user2010; 04-13-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 123user2010 View Post
    India no wanted for a locked phone that's why maker knows even though if they launch ther is no wanted
    And you edited this post for spelling???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Who you calling stupid? It's $813. For the 32gb, a $63 premium over the US iPhone which is locked. Do your math before calling names and making an idiot of yourself.
    Agan I call u an idiot. It's 900$ for an unlocked (factory) unlocked phone...compared to 500+ sterling pound UK factory unlocked phone.Both are 16GB!!! ...looks like you skipped maths in school.

Quote Originally Posted by gdsumit View Post
    Get your facts right about India!!! You are more outdated than the official iPhone models in India.
    leave him alone..he looks like a retard! who doesn't know **** about outside world...The most expensive cars in the world are bought like peanuts in India but he fails to realize that...yes, these are bought by Indian (middle class people) by paying 101% import duty implicated by the Indian government...Can you imagine? if someone in US or europe buys a BMW 5 series beamer, the same car would cost double in India and yet, India has more BMW cars compared to the united states...Check the BMW-India sales for proof.

Same with iphones, People in India buy the iphone for 900$ even thought its locked to a US carrier. But people in US would never pay the un-subsidized rate for the iphone. lol.
    Last edited by ravelsnip; 04-14-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ravelsnip For This Useful Post:

thakur (04-15-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's a bit too late in my opinion. I think most people who would buy an iPhone 4 have already done so thru the grey market, the others might still go for it provided the price is competitive. Most people willing to spend that kind of money in India for a phone will probably be buying blackberries.
    I myself am an iPhone fan but just feel it is too late for apple to enter India with 4 maybe coming in with 5 would be better else they will not get a good feel for the Market and might wash their hands of it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ya you right lot now iphone 4 is common in India.If the carriers offer some good schemes then may be people willing to buy it otherwise their is no chance for that.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12