+ Reply
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T vs Unlimited Plan Users: Round 2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ynotrhyme A friend of mine just called me and told me his story. He told me that he received a tod on the 17th of may and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ynotrhyme View Post
    A friend of mine just called me and told me his story. He told me that he received a tod on the 17th of may and that he called on the 19th and they told him that if he continued tethering after the 19th that he would have his plan changed. He told me that he continued tethering with PDANET Hide Level 2 and that he called today just to check (8 days of tethering heavy later)and he spoke with some lady that told him that his plan hasn't been changed yet? He also told me that the lady told him that if they did detect tethering again they would send him a 2nd warning stating they were in process of changing the plan which he never got even though he has been tethering an heavy he told me 70gb. So I dunno y'all take his story how you wish but it seems to me that the PDAnet might be safe guarding him for now. I say to myself, can it be safe to say since he hasn't received a 2nd tod warning even though he is still tethering a sign he's clear or is it that they're waiting to send the 2nd tod? How long does it usually take for the 2nd tod to show up if you are caught tethering? Im bringin this to the table hoping it sheds some sort of light... Prolly not hahaha. Let me knOw what y'all think..

Cheers
    I doubt he would get a notice within 8 days. I got my first notice on Apr 7 and when I called I was told to stop by the 16th, tethered until about 25th then quit completely, got my second notice on May 23 roughly 45 days between the two. I may finally have been able to get mine straightened out to keep my unlimited data plan but will have to wait til June 13 to know for sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    I doubt he would get a notice within 8 days. I got my first notice on Apr 7 and when I called I was told to stop by the 16th, tethered until about 25th then quit completely, got my second notice on May 23 roughly 45 days between the two. I may finally have been able to get mine straightened out to keep my unlimited data plan but will have to wait til June 13 to know for sure.
    You continue tethering? Is that why ur waiting till June?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ynotrhyme View Post
    You continue tethering? Is that why ur waiting till June?
    No, I quit tethering completely about 9 days after my "cut off" date because I forgot about the date. June 11 is the date my billing cycle starts over and my plan is supposed to be changed and the rep that I have been dealing with said to call on the 13th (because 11th is a saturday so they won't be in the office until that monday) and they would put my unlimited plan back on so long as I didn't continue to tether and my account wasn't flagged again. Also FWIW I was using MyWi.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok..lemme know how that goes. Good luck!

Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks
    There was a cutoff date after the 27th did anyone have that cutoff date and get there plans changed?

Green Apple
    Thanks

ATT told me that they are having problems with streaming apps showing up as tethering. LogMeIn is also causing a problem. I got the second text and filed the "appeal.". She said it would be a couple months before I heard anything. She said once it's submitted they won't be able to see anything on my account. I didn't get it. I then called back and the second rep said their's nothing wrong with my account. I'm calling BS on this whole thing. ATT doesn't know what the **** they are doing.

Thanks

Tethering and streaming are very difficult to tell apart, both cause severe network problems, but AT&T allow streaming, strange, but true.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cldipad View Post
    ATT told me that they are having problems with streaming apps showing up as tethering. LogMeIn is also causing a problem. I got the second text and filed the "appeal.". She said it would be a couple months before I heard anything. She said once it's submitted they won't be able to see anything on my account. I didn't get it. I then called back and the second rep said their's nothing wrong with my account. I'm calling BS on this whole thing. ATT doesn't know what the **** they are doing.
    What app are u using to tether? I'm interested in the people who are solely using PDANET with the hide feature after they've been giving the clear. For example, my friend was told that after the 19th if he was found tethering att would change his plan, throughout that period I want to know who was using ONLY PDANET WITH HIDE FEAUTURE to cancel it out. Please let ms know!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not quite sure what you mean they don't know what they are doing? They caught you and are going to switch you to tethering, whether or not they know what they are doing, you are busted.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean they don't know what they are doing? They caught you and are going to switch you to tethering, whether or not they know what they are doing, you are busted.
    First of all they don't know what they are doing. What I mean by that is they have uninformed, undertrained reps. The issue isn't tethering at all; it's usage. ATT wen wrong offering an unlimited plan. Its not about tethering at all. If it was they would just offer a tethering add-on. Also, they would be busting those on the 2G limited plan and those using the Androids. This is a target on grandfathered unlimited plan users. My wife's phone has also been flagged for tethering. Her phone isn't jailbroken. Never has been. She uses streaming apps. I'm not saying ATT didn't catch me but their methods have faults. I'm waiting for them to switch the plans of those who have never tethered. I'd still like to see more people get changed but we haven't seen that. Some people aren't getting the option to file an appeal either. It's very inconsistent. I'm going to push it with ATT and see what proof they provide, if any. I've been using TetherMe with the TTL changed on my devices to 65. I did use PDANet for a little time after my initial notice so I'm not sure either works. My plan now is to not tether but use Pandora, Netflix and LogMeIn. I'm going to write down when I use it because I'm gonna ask them to show me when I was tethering. When I tether I'm usually watching Netflix or LogMeIn. My bet is nobody from ATT will call me back and my plan won't change. Since when is a text a notice of anything. Never received an email or letter. They have my email because I get all the other ATT useless crap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First of all they don't know what they are doing. What I mean by that is they have uninformed, undertrained reps. The issue isn't tethering at all; it's usage. ATT wen wrong offering an unlimited plan. Its not about tethering at all. If it was they would just offer a tethering add-on. Also, they would be busting those on the 2G limited plan and those using the Androids. This is a target on grandfathered unlimited plan users. My wife's phone has also been flagged for tethering. Her phone isn't jailbroken. Never has been. She uses streaming apps. I'm not saying ATT didn't catch me but their methods have faults. I'm waiting for them to switch the plans of those who have never tethered. I'd still like to see more people get changed but we haven't seen that. Some people aren't getting the option to file an appeal either. It's very inconsistent. I'm going to push it with ATT and see what proof they provide, if any. I've been using TetherMe with the TTL changed on my devices to 65. I did use PDANet for a little time after my initial notice so I'm not sure either works. My plan now is to not tether but use Pandora, Netflix and LogMeIn. I'm going to write down when I use it because I'm gonna ask them to show me when I was tethering. When I tether I'm usually watching Netflix or LogMeIn. My bet is nobody from ATT will call me back and my plan won't change. Since when is a text a notice of anything. Never received an email or letter. They have my email because I get all the other ATT useless crap.
    You have been whining about this for months, boohoo, no one give a crap anymore. If you are tethering, you are probably going to be busted. Stop doing it, or roll the dice and hope that eventually they either actually come up with a method to hide tethering, or hope they somehow miss you. When your time is up leave at&t, or pay your etf and go. If you think you will be able to switch to verizon and rack up huge amounts of data with a new jailbreak you are almost surely mistaken.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    PDANET has a new version out 5.02. Anyone know about this update? The dev states that it added more rules to the hide usage feature. So vague, if anyone knows if this is actually better Please let me know. Thanks guys.

Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    You have been whining about this for months, boohoo, no one give a crap anymore. If you are tethering, you are probably going to be busted. Stop doing it, or roll the dice and hope that eventually they either actually come up with a method to hide tethering, or hope they somehow miss you. When your time is up leave at&t, or pay your etf and go. If you think you will be able to switch to verizon and rack up huge amounts of data with a new jailbreak you are almost surely mistaken.
    Moosestache, i dont think we r whining here , all we r trying to figure out is how at&t is doing the tethering detection, that by the way all this witch hunt has nothing to do with tethering, is all about ppl that has the unlimited data plan that are getting hunted down, i know of a lot of ppl that never tether, but uses 20,30 even 80 gb a month of data, and from them only 1 got the tod , i personally use around 8gb a month tether on a need to basis and havent got any notice, i dont believe that what at&t is doing is fair , and thats why i decided to help find a way to stop their witch hunt, and if u dont like we r using the jailbrake tool and knowledge to go around at&t limits and unfair rules i respect ur position but i think something is very clear , at&t is willing to change the rules and definitions to "catch and switch " ppl from the unlimited plan, and i think we should use whatever means necessary to fight this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default AT&T Will Roll Out Shared Data Plans Across Multiple Devices
    Just an FYI folks... a quote from Bloomberg: AT&T Inc., the second-largest U.S. wireless provider, said it will begin offering larger data plans that can be applied across multiple devices.

The Dallas-based carrier will introduce the plans "soon," Ralph de la Vega, AT&T Mobility chief executive officer, said today at a conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Such plans would provide users a bucket of data to use as they wish on smartphones, tablets or other devices.

This actually seems to make sense. And yet it supposedly comes from AT&T. Something's wrong...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Just an FYI folks... a quote from Bloomberg: AT&T Inc., the second-largest U.S. wireless provider, said it will begin offering larger data plans that can be applied across multiple devices.

The Dallas-based carrier will introduce the plans "soon," Ralph de la Vega, AT&T Mobility chief executive officer, said today at a conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Such plans would provide users a bucket of data to use as they wish on smartphones, tablets or other devices.

This actually seems to make sense. And yet it supposedly comes from AT&T. Something's wrong...
    Perhaps they are realizing their tactics are not getting the intended results and this is a way for them to retain customers. Seems like a smart move. Except... Here you go... You can have 8G per month on any devices for $100. Thanks AT&T, you shouldn't have.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yup pretty much.... And by the way I'm still under the radar lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What app ya using?

To all the people using pdanet, what version are you using? 5.01 ( with option to choose hide level 1 or 2) or the new one 5.02 (with no option to choose level 1 or 2 hide, simply just hide option)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has this thread just died or what? Is everyone's mywi working but mine? I see that they have not responded to our concerns and pdanet might or might not be working for other people. Has everyone just given up? Has anyone actually been swapped to the tethering plan by AT&T?

Brian

Brr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone 4 man View Post
    Has anyone actually been swapped to the tethering plan by AT&T?
    I think If anyone gets/got changed they'd be ranting and raving right here. I wonder if att is going to pull the trigger on this one. Maybe a follow up call to that number att texted us with.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm using tetherme. no threats from "the death star" yet.

-peter
    moderation in all things... including moderation