Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T vs Unlimited Plan Users: Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    ... but if they tell me it's because using Netflix is tethering I'll go to my nearest AT&T store and punch someone in the f*cking face.
    This is mature behavior.

I don't tether, my phone wasn't even jailbroken in months, and I usually use 10-20GB a month. I didn't get any texts from ATT, its really surpassing to hear people claiming they get unwarranted tethering texts...

iOS 4.3.1 currently, I generally update the day a new OS drops.
    I used about 47GB a few months ago, no problems at all just yet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never received that msg and i use netflix and stuff alot with my3g
    I wanna test it out by using mywi though and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGVTEK View Post
    I don't tether, my phone wasn't even jailbroken in months, and I usually use 10-20GB a month. I didn't get any texts from ATT, its really surpassing to hear people claiming they get unwarranted tethering texts...

iOS 4.3.1 currently, I generally update the day a new OS drops.
    I used about 47GB a few months ago, no problems at all just yet...
    How do you get them to send u a msg like that?
    Last edited by iFrosty; 04-10-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
    I have an unlimited plan, and have yet to receive a message from em. I will laugh at them and never change my plan. They force me to, I will be more than happy to cancel my agreement with them forcing a change in my original agreement. (never used any tethering apps)
    I told them I was gonna cancel my contract if they do changed my plan.. She said I would have to pay a early fee.. Besides that, she said it's in our contract, and says no where, that we can tethered our iPhones ..with out a plan.. I think I'm going with sprint ,. If they so change my plan..

PS. I got the text And a letter in the mail..

Could it be that the my3G app be causing more data usages ?
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 04-10-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    I told them I was gonna cancel my contract if they do changed my plan.. She said I would have to pay a early fee.. Besides that, she said it's in our contract, and says no where, that we can tethered our iPhones ..with out a plan.. I think I'm going with sprint ,. If they so change my plan..

PS. I got the text And a letter in the mail..
    Lol AT&T doesn't care. They didn't stop me when I said I am canceling to switch to Verizon. They just told me Verizon sucks, and when I wasn't convinced they said ok and still wouldn't give me unlimited data

Real good info. I actually have unlimited and I tether everyday. But only an hour or two and that's to use the web. So I wouldnt want to download 500 mb apps and what not anyway over 3G service. I haven't gotten the message so I'm definitely under 5 a month

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So under Usage it lists Sent as 434MB and Received as 2.5GB, however, it also says "Last Reset: Never" so have I really only received 2.5GB since I got this phone over a year ago? It's been updated/jailbroken only once on jailbreakme.com at least 6 months ago and rebooted no less than 30 days ago I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    I've never received that msg and i use netflix and stuff alot with my3g
    I wanna test it out by using mywi though and see what happens

How do you get them to send u a msg like that?
    *3282# then hit send. when it says "this request will be sent and you will receive a message on your phone" or whatever it says hit "dismiss" and wait about 10-15 seconds.

for information *3282# translates to *DATA#
    Last edited by alexevo; 04-10-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

iFrosty (04-10-2011), Kyle Matthews (04-11-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree Att is after those users with unlimited data plan.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I enjoy my unlimited data but I don't really use it to its fullest. My current data usage is just over 200MB a month from my last billing cycle. The only reason I'm actually keeping my unlimited data is so when I eventually want to sell my SIM card to someone it will be worth a lot more since it has the unlimited data grandfathered in but honestly I don't use that much data since it kills my battery.

So...anyone want unlimited data? Offer up!

I'm sure I'll be censored or banned for NOT agreeing with the forum admins / owners, (and I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any of this talk or encouragement to steal) but...

Can someone please explain why the talk of stealing service and fees to ATT or Verizon, without paying them for their tethering service is permitted (and even encouraged) here, but yet a slight mention of "crack" gets you banned.

Personally, they are both WRONG & BOTH are theft of services. Why the double standard? The talk of apps like mywi are no different then those of ones like inst**ous. They BOTH are apps that take $$$$ out of the pockets of people who deserve to be compensated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyben For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-14-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver88 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, tethering is built into the Android OS. If it's built into the OS, I'm wondering if AT&T is disabling it somehow. If not, then all Android phones on AT&T should have a mandatory tethering plan, if they're going to try to screw the iPhone users.
    I had the teathering app on my incredible. When you open the your browser on the connected device you are redirected to a verizon page telling you to get a teathering plan. So i rooted (jailbroke for those apple fanboys) my phone.now i have custom roms, wireless teather and everything you can do on an iphone plus swipe, google nav, and non-crippled bluetooth. My phone is now a 1Ghz fully functional computer running linux. How could it get better than that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone myiphone3gs4055's Avatar
    Thanks

so when you guy got a text or email from them What did you do ? Call them or just stop use tether and wait to see what's gonna happen in your next billing circle ? I just got a text & mail few day ago and don know what I should do

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I don't know what the heck is the big deal about data plans all of a sudden? We went around with this years ago and here we go again...

I pay for my unlimited data plans however I don't use them much but its there if I want to use it a lot and I don't ever look at what I use when I do.... however I would be more than upset if I got a text stating any of their comments and I would not hesitate to call them and complain to them as well.

I hate it when companies do this kind of crap! I remember dealing with stuff like this many years ago with service providers and such... geesh

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

That's a question that's been asked and discussed multiple times. It's wrong any way and you're right about that. Of course saying stealing from a large company versus stealing from a small-time developer is the same thing, both stealing, but the large companies are overcharging as well as can afford it. They make enough money as it is. BUT yes two wrongs don't make a right. It's just the way it feels.

Just a side note, we don't ban people for mentioned cracked items once or twice, it's only if you keep doing it regardless of prior warnings.

I don't agree that if you paid for 2GB of tethering for $25 and in order to tether you must pay $20 more. So you pay $20 for not getting more data to tether with but rather to *be able to tether* which is quite a ridiculous fee. Asking $1-$10 for apps or themes isn't exactly a ripoff.

I'd pay for tethering if say I have a capped plan of 2GB, but I pay $20 extra for tethering and 5 extra GB. But that's not the case. You pay $45 for 4GB and tethering (the new plan they have) which is the same as paying $25 for 2GB and $10 per extra gig which is $45 if you use 4GB whether you tether or not. You're paying $20 extra for the ability to tether and that's $240 a year extra just so you gain the ability to tether.

It still isn't right to steal, but AT&T isn't exactly playing fair either.

Thanks

If AT&T was fair in their prices they would still be dealing with what they are now.... people using more data than they want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by carlwithaK View Post
    My friend was trying to get on AT&T's radar so he streamed all day and night. He managed to use 16gigs of data for the month of March. He hasn't got a text or phone call yet. Interesting?
    You friend is either awesome for racking up that much usage or a **** for being one of the 2% of users that AT&T says is slowing down their network. I say it's the first one.

i say screw 'em (At&T) only due to the fact that their service sucks. Yeah, i tether, but i also have a Verizon Mifi, and if they give me crap about it, ill e-mail them the bill from Verizon and tell them to kiss my *****. my contract is up soon anyway, so if they wanna change my contract, go for it, i don't care.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
    I have an unlimited plan, and have yet to receive a message from em. I will laugh at them and never change my plan. They force me to, I will be more than happy to cancel my agreement with them forcing a change in my original agreement. (never used any tethering apps)
    In our contract with ATT, under iPhone and Certain Other Devices says:

I agree that ATT may add required plans to my account and bill me the appropriate monthly fee if I use an iPhone or other device that has plan requirements.

So if they do it, we all going to have to pay the early termination fee agreement $325.00 to cancel the contract. But I tell you what, I will pay it without think about it.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    If AT&T was fair in their prices they would still be dealing with what they are now.... people using more data than they want them to.
    I do think it's unfair for people with unlimited data to use way too much. I myself never use more than 5GB, heck I only use 3 if I go crazy lol. I wouldn't abuse the unlimited (I don't now bc I'm unlimited on Verizon, I still stay under 3GB) but I don't like the fact that for tethering on a capped plan I needed to pay $20 more just to have the ability to.

People do need to calm down on the data use bc it really does hurt AT&T in the long run, that's why they're trying to stop it. But it isn't fair for those who don't use more than 5GB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I do think it's unfair for people with unlimited data to use way too much. I myself never use more than 5GB, heck I only use 3 if I go crazy lol. I wouldn't abuse the unlimited (I don't now bc I'm unlimited on Verizon, I still stay under 3GB) but I don't like the fact that for tethering on a capped plan I needed to pay $20 more just to have the ability to.

People do need to calm down on the data use bc it really does hurt AT&T in the long run, that's why they're trying to stop it. But it isn't fair for those who don't use more than 5GB
    What gets me is for all of these years there was not much done about it but all of a sudden they are trying to do something about it... Yes we all know that there are people using tons and tons of data however its never going to stop. I have been on computers since dos which was many years ago and when data plans started these kind of problems started....

Its like a cycle.... one time to much data, then minutes, then data next it will be minutes...

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast