+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple Cracking Down on iPhone 5 Supply Chain Leaks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple is playing the role of plumber in the overseas supply chain, eager to patch up any leaks to an entirely new extent. That's according to a new report that
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 565 Posts

Default Report: Apple Cracking Down on iPhone 5 Supply Chain Leaks

Apple is playing the role of plumber in the overseas supply chain, eager to patch up any leaks to an entirely new extent. That's according to a new report that says Apple is displeased with the flurry of iPhone 5 rumors that have surfaced in recent weeks, not the least of which is speculation that the iPhone 5 may not be released until fall of 2011.

As we all know, Apple is certainly no stranger to embracing secrecy. But if analyst Brian White with Ticonderoga Securities is accurate in his claims released to investors Friday, Apple is putting a higher premium than ever on secrecy in the overseas supply chain.

"Apple is keeping its iPhone 5 cards extra close to the vest on this launch to avoid a falloff in iPhone 4 demand ahead of a refresh, especially given the February launch of the CDMA iPhone 4 with Verizon," writes White, who still believes that it's in the realm of possibility that the iPhone 5 will still launch this summer - most likely late June or early July.

"Although we do not have a smoking gun that definitively rules out a delayed autumn unveiling or one that supports a launch this summer, there is a pattern of activity in motion with the supply chain that makes us question a delayed launch," White revealed, suggesting that the anticipated production slowdown related to the Japanese earthquake may ultimately help Apple. Specifically, White suggests, overseas suppliers will "rush to support Apple at the expense of competitors," a likely outcome, particularly in the wake of Apple's ramped up spending with major overseas component suppliers.

For now, Apple has given no clues whatsoever indicating the company's plans for the iPhone 5. Apple's recent press release formally announcing June's Worldwide Developers' Conference (WWDC), a place known for past iPhone model introductions, makes no mention of anything but software and operating systems. "At this year's conference we are going to unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS," the release stated.

Source: The Street

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I really hope it doesn't come out for awhile, just got my iPhone 4 about 3 months ago, wanna put it to some good use before I upgrade again, so I'm hoping they delay even more !!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djarkiz For This Useful Post:

irmatt (04-08-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think the iPhone will be released as usual in June/July. Apple can't have both the iPhone & iPod being launched that close together.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple always with there secrecy ..... maybe there mad because people saying iphone 5 when apple planed to maybe release iphone 4g or 4gs .... dont know but dont care anymore ..... i just one the new iphone to come out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too believe that the phone will be released in June, either way i will get the new iphone. I am tired of ppl just speculating on a release date, just wait until the first week of june that isnt that far away, MMI should have a countdown on top of their page, anybody know the odds that Vegas has on a release?? haha

Just because you just got your iphone 4 3 months ago its not going to make a difference if its delayed 2 or 3 months, youre still gonna have to pay in order to upgrad.,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    I really hope it doesn't come out for awhile, just got my iPhone 4 about 3 months ago, wanna put it to some good use before I upgrade again, so I'm hoping they delay even more !!
    Selfish much??
    It isn't our fault you were late to the party.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ToddD81 For This Useful Post:

Evilsaint (04-09-2011), LSZ33 (04-08-2011), Madman604x (04-12-2011), Snozberries (04-11-2011), Team Infecti0n (04-09-2011), zeroGsti (04-09-2011)

Thanks

I agree it will come out this summer. The iPhone 4 would be over do for an upgrade. Apple will stay on top when it comes to upgrading.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToddD81 View Post
    Selfish much??
    It isn't our fault you were late to the party.
    Lol so true

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How does an upgrade work in terms of pricing? I've had the iPhone 4 since June so does that mean I have to pay $200? For my next upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RPL88 "Apple always with there secrecy ..... maybe there mad because people saying iphone 5 when apple planed to maybe release iphone 4g or 4gs .... dont know but dont care anymore ..... i just one the new iphone to come out"

Wow. English really isn't your strong point is it?

There/their/they're

One is supposed to mean want?

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will be launched in July, but it will launch with iOS 4.x instead of 5.x. An iOS 5.x release is much more likely in the 3rd quarter since in previous years iOS was previewed during March/April and released roughly three months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevilz View Post
    How does an upgrade work in terms of pricing? I've had the iPhone 4 since June so does that mean I have to pay $200? For my next upgrade?
    You don't have to do anything, but if you decide you must have the latest and greatest iPhone then you can expect to pay $449/$549 (they upped the early upgrade cost by $50 this year), not $199/$299.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 04-08-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They can try but there is absolutely no way for Apple to stop the leaks, too many companies and people involved in production and distribution.

Thanks

What a completely pointless story. Total nonsense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope they do release the new iPhone this summer. My wifes contract will be up and I want to get her a new phone so that she can sell her 3Gs.

Quote Originally Posted by spamsalad View Post
    What a completely pointless story. Total nonsense.
    No one forced you to read it.
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 04-08-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

cokeman is right... its like computers are end of year, beginning of next year.
    iphone are mid year and ipod touch are end of year...
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope the new phone will be the "...oh, and one more thing."

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gr8scott72 View Post
    RPL88 "Apple always with there secrecy ..... maybe there mad because people saying iphone 5 when apple planed to maybe release iphone 4g or 4gs .... dont know but dont care anymore ..... i just one the new iphone to come out"

Wow. English really isn't your strong point is it?

There/their/they're

One is supposed to mean want?
    Thanks for the english lesson. Don't be rude, i think we all that have a brainstem could figure out what he meant.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

zeroGsti (04-09-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    Just keep your iphone 4 even if the 5 comes out. I always stay one generation behind until they fix all the bugs out of their newest device and also until it is jailbroken and functioning well with many cydia tweaks. Once all this is done then i get it. Hopefully there wont be anything as big as the iphone 4 antenna problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

I love that this is about rumor mill stoppage, but almost all comments are about "no delayed iPhone!"
    I can't help but agree though!
    my SPOON is too big

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple: DO NOT RELEASE the iPhone 5 until is has LTE!!!!!!!