Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple Cracking Down on iPhone 5 Supply Chain Leaks

Thanks

^^^ yes, i hope it is delayed until they add LTE.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

they need to crack down on leaks

The only way that the public would find a fall iPhone release acceptable is if it used LTE technology. There is no other legitimate reason, in the eyes of consumers, for a delay. I bought an iPhone 4 last July and plan on upgrading this summer. I'd gladly wait a few extra months for 4g.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

oh please, public would accept anything.
    Take some cr@p wrap in a Apple logo and people would line up to get one.
    I doubt Apple will include LTE tech on iPhone 5, Apple will just claim that service providers do not have enough LTE towers for them to adapt LTE to iPhones. Why include LTE when people will flock to whatever they put out, by not adapting it they can get that same group of people to buy a whole new set of phones when they eventually feel like putting it out.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-08-2011 at 06:44 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

sziklassy (04-09-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow-evillink View Post
    I agree it will come out this summer. The iPhone 4 would be over do for an upgrade. Apple will stay on top when it comes to upgrading.
    What I think is crazy is this "have to upgrade every year" mentality of the phone crowd. No one any where else upgrades so fast. Computers are useful for about 36 months before a needed upgrade. There are still people using 1g IPhones.

Many of us do not buy or upgrade on launch day, in fact I guarantee that IPhone 5 will not have an untethered JB or unlock at launch. Since I'm one of the 10 million who JB I will not consider a 5 until there is one.

BTW AT&T is pushing the 3GS now

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol this is a rumor about preventing rumors...

I do agree though, I hate all the leaks, it kind of ruins the unveiling.

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

I got my iphone 4 on launch day so I am in no rush to upgrade unless the iphone 5 is a major overhaul of the iphone 4 then I am waiting in line again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    I really hope it doesn't come out for awhile, just got my iPhone 4 about 3 months ago, wanna put it to some good use before I upgrade again, so I'm hoping they delay even more !!
    Agreed. I find it's absolutely gutting when they release a new model, and sort of forget about the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8scott72 View Post
    RPL88 "Apple always with there secrecy ..... maybe there mad because people saying iphone 5 when apple planed to maybe release iphone 4g or 4gs .... dont know but dont care anymore ..... i just one the new iphone to come out"

Wow. English really isn't your strong point is it?

There/their/they're

One is supposed to mean want?
    *what

You should maybe check your own spelling before flaming someone else.
    Last edited by aidanski; 04-08-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What is LTE? Sorry, but I'm just getting started on iPhone modding and this looked like a great place to start.

I think Apple did partner with Sony and engineered the so-called "image sensor leak" so that they could convince everyone that it was coming late and iPhone 4 sales wouldn't slow down. It may buy time for more than just the Verizon model... do they still intend to release the white model this year? How about an 8GB one?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8scott72 View Post
    RPL88 "Apple always with there secrecy ..... maybe there mad because people saying iphone 5 when apple planed to maybe release iphone 4g or 4gs .... dont know but dont care anymore ..... i just one the new iphone to come out"

Wow. English really isn't your strong point is it?

There/their/they're

One is supposed to mean want?
    hahahah, I love it,,

I well be their!!! how is that?

I love to get my products at launch but due to my location I normally have to wait for a bit this time it was useful it gave me time to dbate if the antenna problem was a big issue though I ended up getting it I'm looking forward to picking up the 5 in a similar manner come summer can't wait.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    oh please, public would accept anything.
    Take some cr@p wrap in a Apple logo and people would line up to get one.
    I doubt Apple will include LTE tech on iPhone 5, Apple will just claim that service providers do not have enough LTE towers for them to adapt LTE to iPhones. Why include LTE when people will flock to whatever they put out, by not adapting it they can get that same group of people to buy a whole new set of phones when they eventually feel like putting it out.
    Mmmmm crap wrap! I'll take two!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    ^^^ yes, i hope it is delayed until they add LTE.
    I really don't care about LTE, I just got 3G in Montana where I live, and it(AT&T) is ridiculously faster than my buddy's Verizon iPhone. I'm pleased as punch!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodysquad2 View Post
    What is LTE? Sorry, but I'm just getting started on iPhone modding and this looked like a great place to start.
    LTE is the next radio technology. It is 4G, and it's going to be a universal standard. (instead of GSM and CDMA) The issue is, the chip is too large and to power consumption heavy. Steve Jobs does NOT compromise on either of those points. It's one big thing that distinguishes an iPhone from an android device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    I really hope it doesn't come out for awhile, just got my iPhone 4 about 3 months ago, wanna put it to some good use before I upgrade again, so I'm hoping they delay even more !!
    Wait so I got my iPhone 4 on launch day. I have had if since then, ok sounds good let's wait even longer for it to be released so you can get your satisfaction.

Hope to don't come on 2011....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I feel like I know just as much after finishing reading that as I did when I started.

It might, but it might not. It could, but it could not. It will, but there's a possibility it won't.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Well the public will take anything! Just charge each person $1000 (bullsh1t right?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12