Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Jailbreaking = Job Opportunities

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with charging, it's the suckers that pay that are the problem. Shame on them for being too lazy/busy to do it themselves.
    Poetry :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Team Infecti0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a friend who works at a mall repairing iPhones. I later told her to offer jailbreaking and unlocking for iPhones, later rooting Androids. Look at her earning so much more money...
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------
    FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERHUGEA
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    I don't like the thought of people charging others to have their device jailbroken. It'll be a waste of money if the jailbreak malfunctions and a restore is needed.

I jailbreak for free, I believe jailbreaking shouldn't come with a price. That's why it angers me seeing cydia slowly turn into the AppStore. Hell even themes cost money now. It's not right, this isn't what jailbreaking was intentionally for.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Apparently you don't understand the time it takes to photoshop all those themes. I've seen guys take 6 months to complete a theme. And if a devs makes a tweak where they had to write several over their own API's, they deserve to be paid for their work. It's free. But as in speech, not beer. People need to learn that.

Twitter: @tshoults

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

cper (04-07-2011), Jedi5o5 (04-07-2011)

many people are lazy. I've had grown adults come to me and ask me to jailbreak. Me I charge anywhere between 15 and 25 depending on what they need exactly. My time doesn't come cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

I agree, no money to be asked for services provided by the community. Its a give and take game. I have helped plenty of people jail breaking their devices free of charge, .. Thanx once again to the Dev Team for the input. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    I hate when people charge for jailbreaking.
    If you have people that want it but are too nervous to do it themselves that are willing to pay then why not, they're the ones paying, I've jailbroken several phones and people have offered to pay just because they were afraid to run it themselves, I never took money but it's not a bad idea...

to Quote iH8sn0w

Quote Originally Posted by iH8sn0w
    “Even though this sounds awesome ( Jailbreaker Making 50,000 Dollars a Year Unlocking iPhones - iDygest) it is wrong in MANY ways. JB/UL'ing is 100% free.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yamms View Post
    I agree, no money to be asked for services provided by the community. Its a give and take game. I have helped plenty of people jail breaking their devices free of charge, .. Thanx once again to the Dev Team for the input. Cheers
    That was your choice
    Dude T.M.I

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    these people in my area charge 70 bucks to have your phone jailbroken and install00us installed so they can download illegal apps with no remorse for the damage they are doing to the people who make everything possible, the developers behind apps and the dev team.
    And there's people who will charge 70 bucks to paint your house with stolen paint too. Big deal

Umm piracy is a big deal and this is not with this news post is about. Please stay on topic
    Dude T.M.I

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (04-07-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

For one tech-savvy student at George Mason University

Source: The Washington Post
    It said tech savvy, maybe he's making the tools

Clever idea, but if the Dev Team doesn't charge for jailbreaking, then why should people who just press a few buttons charge?

Think of it like this thinking why people are doing this. You can easily call AT&T or T-Mobile and get your phone unlocked. Simple but you are LAZY and if you just pay 25 bucks then it'll be done for you
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    I hate when people charge for jailbreaking.
    Sometimes it's necesary, you know? Some people don't want to risk bricking their device, and you can't just wante your time doing it for free for 30-40 people a day.

Nothing wrong with charging for his time. I wonder if he filed tax returns with those jailbreak earnings reported, and if he considered that before telling his story to a big newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy00 View Post
    Nothing wrong with charging for his time. I wonder if he filed tax returns with those jailbreak earnings reported, and if he considered that before telling his story to a big newspaper.
    lol probably not
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by blazeman563 View Post
    Let's all think about this one.... Here is a guy that is using free jailbreak tools provided by people who offer the tools for free and he is in turn charging people and making money off of this tool. I think he should donate some of that money to the people who make it possible for him to make the money. Just my opinion.
    So when home depot rents out trucks for $$ per hour, some of that money made should be donated to the car company?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    I don't like the thought of people charging others to have their device jailbroken. It'll be a waste of money if the jailbreak malfunctions and a restore is needed.

I jailbreak for free, I believe jailbreaking shouldn't come with a price. That's why it angers me seeing cydia slowly turn into the AppStore. Hell even themes cost money now. It's not right, this isn't what jailbreaking was intentionally for.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    I agree with most of that, but shouldn't devs whose apps were rejected by apple be able to sell them through a third-party dealer? That's like saying when HP wants to sell a laptop to bestbuy, and they reject it (bad example), they either need to have it at walmart for free or nowhere at all?

I see no problem, same thing as people that pay for tech support when google is free and easier to understand

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast