Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-29-2007, 11:05 PM #1
Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW!
KMAC over at hackint0sh has found a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. Here's the skinny:
- Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
- Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now.
- iTunes will ask you if you want to restorea. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it. It will begin to restore.
- When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTapp. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
- Run AppTapp again. If the iPhone isn't being recognized, restart the computer and then run AppTapp for the second time.
- Congrats! You now have 1.0.2 again! iNdependence and all other modding apps will now work.
This has been verified with iTunes 220.127.116.11.
UPDATE: Not confirmed yet, but for those having the "incorrect SIM" issue after dowgrading, try this (thanks, Doerr)
Just turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, turn it on, and when its done put it back in.
09-29-2007, 11:10 PM #2
i haven't upgraded yet to 1.1.1 but maybe now i'm going to do some experimenting!
The Following User Says Thank You to kadeboer For This Useful Post:
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM #3
If you have unlocked your iPhone, and then you updated to 1.1.1, this will NOT fix the Incorrect SIM error. Further info on that later... so do NOT update your firmware if you have an unlocked iPhone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM #4
thank you for posting this thread ...but iam betting on 15 to 20 pages of the same postings
09-29-2007, 11:22 PM #5
Thanks for the posting PF.
And for the ability to strike back at the borg, YES!I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
The Following User Says Thank You to LGgeek For This Useful Post:
EkAyZ aLL DaY (10-02-2007)
09-29-2007, 11:24 PM #6
Last edited by zoidberg md; 09-29-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: oopsie doopsie
09-29-2007, 11:39 PM #7
Just did it and it works. Thank God.
09-29-2007, 11:41 PM #8
Im doing this now, For some reason can't hit choose when i try to pick the firmware folder. But Thank God!
09-29-2007, 11:45 PM #9
The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:
09-29-2007, 11:46 PM #10
09-29-2007, 11:47 PM #11
confirmed that this method really works thanx alot to KMAC for this method now i can joing having my apps
The Following User Says Thank You to elchlngon For This Useful Post:
09-29-2007, 11:54 PM #12Another "It worked Report"
Just wanted to say, YES it worked, and very quickly I might add. Thank You.
09-30-2007, 12:01 AM #13
Ok... How are y'all actually getting into the phone? ALl I get is the Activation screen and can't get past that.
I'm getting successful jailbreaks, iBrickr can copy files to the phone, iNdependence installs SSH and whatever else, puts the PEM file and so on
But I've still got the 49000 IMEI and the same invalid SIM message in both the iPhone and iTunes.
Am I not actually downgrading? Anyone else having similar issues?
Last edited by Murfunit; 09-30-2007 at 12:03 AM.Je t'aime encore, Roguette
09-30-2007, 12:02 AM #14
so even if i am on att and never unlocked the phone this will work?? and i want to hear this from PF!!!!!! ive heard that wifi wont work?????????or is that with an unlock different sim?
please make me a happy person and confirm this
09-30-2007, 12:03 AM #15
you need to use winstaller or something equivalent to bypass activation screen
09-30-2007, 12:04 AM #16
i am on mac? could i use apptapp
09-30-2007, 12:06 AM #17
Can someone tell me how to get the acutal phone part to start working after the downgrade? Everything works except for the phone part. I have att so i dont know what the problem is. I get invalid sim messages every time i start my phone. I tried anySIM but it gives me an error saying that my iphone firmware is already patched and then it closes.
09-30-2007, 12:06 AM #18
I still have a slight understanding on the ending effect as I'm seeing mixed results... Are you guys still able to access the 1.1.1 features, but still under the 1.0.2 firmware after this proccess??
09-30-2007, 12:06 AM #19
app tapp will work? im on mac
09-30-2007, 12:06 AM #20