Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW!

my iphone has the firmware 1.1.1 and when i try and downgrade it to 1.0.2 through itunes it starts to restore it, as it should but after a minute or so i get a error message "iphone could not be restored, unknown error has occurred(1)"
    Im not using a AT&T sim card either and i need it unlocked but dont seem to be able to do anything at the moment
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem. I figured it was maybe a step I did wrong. When I did it a second time, I had no problems installing the 4 apps.

Exclamation heeeeeeeeelp
    can someone please help meeee!.. ipurcahsed an iphone on Wednesday and it came with the 1.1.1 firmware. From what i understand i can downgrade my phone to version 1.02 but this won't downgrade the baseband on the phone thus i will not be able to use the phone function...(is this true?) and OR is it possible for me to downgrade me phone and to 1.02 and then run indep. and then jailbreak making my phone fully functional with any GMS sim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidkrops View Post
    can someone please help meeee!.. ipurcahsed an iphone on Wednesday and it came with the 1.1.1 firmware. From what i understand i can downgrade my phone to version 1.02 but this won't downgrade the baseband on the phone thus i will not be able to use the phone function...(is this true?) and OR is it possible for me to downgrade me phone and to 1.02 and then run indep. and then jailbreak making my phone fully functional with any GMS sim.
    For Christs sake, NO YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE THE BASEBAND RIGHT NOW.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    For Christs sake, NO YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE THE BASEBAND RIGHT NOW.
    its rediculious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    its rediculious
    It is, read some posts at least, better yet search so you don't waste space.

Can someone message to me instructions on how to down grade if I am using AT&T and so dont need to unlock the phone? I want to downgrade for the apps only!

help, Ok i just tried to restore my iphone back to 1.0.2. Everything worked fine, now i am at the iphone activation screen!! i can find any ways to bypass that. any help from anyone? i am using windows.

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    a problem i've run in to...

after downgrading, everything works great except i have a little bit of an issue with text messaging. when i tap on the plus sign to create a new message, i start to type in the person's name i want to text. after typing the first letter, it starts narrowing down the names as usual... however, no matter what i type for the second letter, i get no results. due to this... i now can only type in the first letter of their name and have to scroll down to find them.

yes... this isn't that big of a deal... it's just kind of annoying. anyone know how to fix this?
    an update to this...

i've found that when i add new names to my address book on my iphone, that they end up showing up LAST within that letter of the alphabet. so in other words, if the name Amanda is the last name beginning with an "A" in my old address book (names i imported when restoring my backup after downgrading) and i add the name Aaron to it... rather than having Aaron near the beginning of the "A's", it will actually show up last, after Amanda.

so i've realized that this is not just a texting issue, but also simply an iphone address book issue. if i go through the address book on my iphone to simply call them... the issue is there as well.

i'm wondering that if i would be able to delete all my contacts off of my iphone and re-sync them from the backup on my computer, would it correct this? are there any other ideas? this is getting really annoying...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

what if apple updates itunes and then that option of uploading your own restore file will not be available?!

hey how do i stop getting the incorrect sim message

So i downgraded before, it worked but now i have to downgrade again because my phone screwed up.

When i first did it, the 1.0.2 firmware was just 1 file with a weird icon. Now for some reason it is a big folder with all this different crap then before.

What do i do?

TThere is going to be Jailbreak for 1.1.1!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Default anysim phone working great except iTunes gives IMEI is incorrect msg?
    Followed the great advice on downgrading an original 1.0.2 that was upgraded to 1.1.1 (dork).

All is working fine using a non AT&T sim. I have a fully working iPhone which can make calls on a non-AT&T network.

However, when I now hook to iTunes it immediately comes up with a "iPhone "iPhone" can't be used with iTunes IMEI is incorrect" message. Obviously this means I can't sync for music, outlook etc.... bugger!

In the Settings, About screen my IMEI is teh same as that engraved on back of phone. Tried turning off, extracting sim, power on and re-insertion... still same result.

I tried searching this thread but couldn't see anything specific...

Any ideas ?
    Last edited by rztz2v; 10-15-2007 at 09:48 PM.

i try using Independce but cant work... i download the resotre 1.0.2 file but it just show as a folder and not a picture of a cube..

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

dude im having the same problem were it just says insert correct or valid sim

i cant get past it

so ive got a problem
    i press home and start and go to the blank screen
    then do the restore by clicking shift restore and click on the .zip restore file
    and it says error

so then i run apptapp choose firmware 1.0.2 and run it then it says "sending to iphone failed"
    saposedly i keep trying that
    yet nothing happens in the end my phone reboots and takes me back to the

insert valid sim screen
    all im trying to do is bypass that screen to use wifi and ipod
    if im doing the wrong thing then PLEASE help

(reply) [email protected]
    or just on here w.e works

GREATLY APPERCIATED
    Last edited by ankitsid; 10-16-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trupimp714 View Post
    help, Ok i just tried to restore my iphone back to 1.0.2. Everything worked fine, now i am at the iphone activation screen!! i can find any ways to bypass that. any help from anyone? i am using windows.
    Well, if you don't want to unlock the phone: When you plug the iPhone into your computer, iTunes should ask you if you want to either restore it from backup of "X's iPhone" or to set it up as a new one. Restore it from the backup. If you want it unlocked, just use of the many methods available.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    KMAC over at hackint0sh has found a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. Here's the skinny:

• Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
    • Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now.
    • iTunes will ask you if you want to restorea. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it. It will begin to restore.
    • When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTapp. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
    • Run AppTapp again. If the iPhone isn't being recognized, restart the computer and then run AppTapp for the second time.
    • Congrats! You now have 1.0.2 again! iNdependence and all other modding apps will now work.

This has been verified with iTunes 7.4.3.1.

Wiki here.

hackint0sh

UPDATE: Not confirmed yet, but for those having the "incorrect SIM" issue after dowgrading, try this (thanks, Doerr)
    Please help! I just went from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and all went well EXCEPT now I get incorrect SIM. How would I correct this?

thanks bro you were the missing piece I needed , IPHONE HACKED

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112