Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW!

Thanks

After hitting restore, it say restore and update. Then gives the info about the 1.1.1 firmware. Is that just saying what the new firmware is about or will it automatically DL the new firmware. I've tried disconnecting the internet but then it says iTunes has no connection and aborts. I just do not want to go any further now in worrying im going to brick his phone unless Im 100% it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by XxxMadCowxxX View Post
    Email me your phone number and I'll try to help you out, you know mod my iphone really should set up some kind of skype network or something.

[email protected]

But I still can't figure out this problem.

Ok so I downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 and it works. Did independence and unlocked it. So I installed App Tapp (osx) and it kind of worked, downloaded Community Sources it worked, but when I downloaded BSD Subsystem it gives me this error ( Error during install script execution!) I don't know where to go from here, should I just reformat the phone again to 1.0.2 and reinstall App Tapp. ( Because maybe it didn't finish installing completely) Or delete App Tapp (How?) note* it took a while for Tapp App to actually sign on to the server(s), upload all of the applications that are available, also it's missing some (a lot ) OpenSSH does not show up. The same "Error during install script execution!" Came up when I tried to install Navizon GPS. Any takers?
    Did anyone ever post a solution to this? as not spotted one myself.

has anyone else tried this

I just finally unlocked my phone, but for some reason its saying that i have an invalid sim card. I am trying to use T Mobile. What do i do now?

hi i am an owner of an iphone currently using it to post this and i have a question. I have been following along the hacking of the phone and would realy like to do mods. Yet the last week i have been busy and didnt look at anything and updated(obviously why I am posting here). I didnt read into anything prior to updating and screwed my hopes till now. I have heard good and bad, original sims not working, phone, or SMS messages. I have done no jailbreaks, unlocking, or any mods (yet =) ) but I would like to. Would this downgrade do anything bad like somehave said, or am I in the clear? Lemme know thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i was wondering if downgrading will make the phone useless for us legit at&t customers since the baseband will not get downgraded. i have read that it will make the phones "unbrick" but nothing about whether or not the phone is still able to make calls after downgraded. any help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I can personally say that before any of this was written and my phone was bricked to **** I decided to call apple on thursday and tell them the update messed up my phone and what not so they send me a Service Phone in the meantime mine is getting fixed got that one yesterday didnt work the microphone was damaged and the earpiece had static so I told them i could no longer be without a phone and for them to call the nearest apple store tell them my situation and get me a new phone ASAP so they call the apple store in San Antonio and tell them and i get there they change my phone no questions asked or anything and also give me an 8GB unit instead NEW with box and all and tell me they are sorry for such an inconvenience so my experience went GREAT just wanted to inform everyone

Default Any new downgrading news? Or 1.1.1 jailbreak news?
    I am new to the iPhone. I used iBrickr to jailbreak my phone and install 3rd party apps. As I was updating my phone to 1.1.1, I read this forum that said something along the lines of, "Don't update to 1.1.1, whatever you do!" Well, too late for that. I updated and lost all my apps and got the amazing iTunes Wifi Store (sarcasm). I have been looking for days for a rock solid, easy method of downgrading, but every time I see a new method, I read the updates and replies and hear:

"1. My iPhone downgraded perfectly! Piece of cake! Thanks so much!"
    "2. This method made my iPhone explode, burned down my house and kidnapped my children."

I was wondering if anyone on this thread knew of either a sure fire method of downgrading that is not too risky, or if anyone had an update on who is working on a jailbreak program for 1.1.1? Also, I am currently using AT&T's service on my phone (not enjoying it particularly, but using it at any rate), it is not unlocked. Another problem I have heard was after downgrading, the iPhone will no longer work as a phone. I have heard 1,000 different explanations and I am extremely confused. I just want to downgrade to 1.0.2, keep my phone fully functional and be able to install 3rd party apps. Or I would like to be able to jailbreak my phone's 1.1.1 firmware. I'm assuming that people are working on both as I speak. I was just hoping for a clear, concise explanation on the updates and what is to be considered?

One final question. I have heard the terms 'unlock' and jailbreak' used in different contexts, unlocking means opening up your phone for use on other networks and jailbreak meaning hacking into the phone to install 3rd party apps and customize the phone, correct? I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this particular field.

Thank you so much. I hope to hear from people soon!
    Last edited by ddollins86; 10-04-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie469 View Post
    I just finally unlocked my phone, but for some reason its saying that i have an invalid sim card. I am trying to use T Mobile. What do i do now?
    Anyword on this above? I dont know what else to do.

Restore it with 1.0.2 then do a fake activation.

Yes, I had the same problem. A fake activation should fix this problem. Good luck.

I have 1 thing to say, u guys are fu&%# awsome!! It worked and it worked fast!!!!!

Thanks
    How do I do a fake activation?
    I'm one of the 1.0.2, accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1, successfully back to 1.0.2 and with the SIM unrecognizable.
    I also use a Mac.
    Thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tutorial
    I created a pretty easy tutorial to follow for Windows. 10 steps with pictures!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Once 1.1.1 is jailbreaked everyone is going to upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlcok ther iphones!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It happened the same to me.
    i have done the same. everything seems to be fine untill y downloaded community sources. after that all the apps i tried to downdload end up in this message. ( Error during install script execution!).
    IŽd apreciate some help

Quote Originally Posted by XxxMadCowxxX View Post
    Email me your phone number and I'll try to help you out, you know mod my iphone really should set up some kind of skype network or something.

[email protected]

But I still can't figure out this problem.

Ok so I downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 and it works. Did independence and unlocked it. So I installed App Tapp (osx) and it kind of worked, downloaded Community Sources it worked, but when I downloaded BSD Subsystem it gives me this error ( Error during install script execution!) I don't know where to go from here, should I just reformat the phone again to 1.0.2 and reinstall App Tapp. ( Because maybe it didn't finish installing completely) Or delete App Tapp (How?) note* it took a while for Tapp App to actually sign on to the server(s), upload all of the applications that are available, also it's missing some (a lot ) OpenSSH does not show up. The same "Error during install script execution!" Came up when I tried to install Navizon GPS. Any takers?

somebody can tell me how can i put cool stuff into my iphone using a windows XP ? i need a MAC computer or i still available to use my xp ? i cant install ifuntastic in my windows XP becuase i think have to be only MAC !!!!!!someone know any program like ifuntastic for windows xp ?
    thanks a lot

I have windows xp, and the dreaded Incorrect SIM message, still no fix?? I"m so desperate to get this working. I restored my phone to virgin, without realizing i was downloading 1.1.1, i managed to get it back to 1.0.2, but now i get the incorrect sim. I hope someone figures this out quick

Quote Originally Posted by dmac925 View Post
    Get a your brick'd iPhones replaced by Apple, No charge & No questions!

Here's how! You need to follow this instructions very carefully then you can get a new iPhone to replace your brick'd iPhone.

If you are like me, who had an unlocked iPhone and were dumb enough to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1, then read on because your brick'd and otherwise useless iPhone can be or will be replaced by Apple, no questions asked and for absolutely no charge.

First, you make sure that you run the restore on iTunes so that your iPhone will have firmware 1.1.1. You will certainly get an "invalid sim card" error but that is exactly what we want.

Before restoring, you need to remove the sim card from the iPhone. Run restore to install firmware 1.1.1 on your phone. Run the restore 3 times! YES! I said 3 times! This will make sure that there will be absolutely no trace that an unlock occured on your unit. The first restore leaves an electronic imprint of the the phone being jailbreaked. Thats why it is important that you restore at least 3 times. Also, when the restore is complete, do not re-insert the sim card in the iPhone. Doing so will trigger the phone to report an invalid sim card error and it will also silently log on to the AT&T network and the iPhone will report to the network. Since the firmware 1.1.1 will have an updated baseband frequency, reinserting the original sim card will cause the iphone to change its IMEI because the old sim card will have a string of program written on it which identifies the baseband firmware of 1.0.2. This difference will cause the iPhone to change the IMEI of the unit. That is why the IMEI on the display on the phone and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit will not match. This is the only way that APPLE will know if your phone was ever unlocked or Jailbreaked. Provided that the IMEI matches i.e, the IMEI displayed on the unit and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit matched, Apple will cover the phone's replacement free of charge. Once the iPhone has been restored, the original IMEI will be displayed on the screen upon pressing the "i" icon on the screen and will remain matched to the etched IMEI on the back of the unit as long as the sim card is not inserted. Apple has now accepted responsibilities for causing some iPhones to become unusable because of a bug in the firmware 1.1.1, ultimately, Apple screwed up on releasing the firmware 1.1.1 with bugs still unresolved and prematurely because they were trying to beat a deadline to release the update...(This came from a very reliable source from right within the coder and programmers in Cupertino, I have a friend who admitted to this! He also said that he will get fired if they found out the source of the leak...heheheheheh.) Because of this, Apple is obligated to either reflash your phone or issue a replacement to you. The complete reflashing of firmware for the OS and baseband can only be done by their service centers as the reflashing software is issued only to their service centers. The firmware which is automatically downloaded to your iphone during an update through iTunes does not have the codes and strings of commands for the baseband, therefor if you downgrade to firmware 1.0.2 from 1.1.1, the the baseband frimware remains at 1.1.1 hence causing the sim card error and discrepancies.
    Once, your phone is restored with 1.1.1 and provided that the IMEI matches on the display and etched on back of unit, you can call Apple Tech Support and tell them that your phone showed the sim error only after upgrading to firmware 1.1.1. They will of course ask you if the phone has been unlocked. You will tell them that your computer knowledge extends only as far as clicking a mouse and that you have no idea how to even start to hack or jailbreak your phone. Apple Tech Support will give you a case number. They will fed-ex you a box to send back the phone. Put the iphone in the box and send it back. You get it back from Apple within 48hours....it will of course be locked up again and it will have firmware 1.1.1 loaded on to it, but it will beat having a $600.00 paper weight at home....Hope this helps those stupid enough like me to who had their phone unlocked and upgraded to firmware 1.1.1

GOOD LUCK!
    I just got off the phone with Apple, they want me to go to an Apple store and have one of their techs look at it. Will those in store techs be able to tell that i unlocked the phone previously? I did the restore 4 times just to be sure. Also the SIM says INVALID SIM please insert a valid unlocked SIM. Please help
    Last edited by youngmartian; 10-06-2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am having the same problem. I downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and unlocked successfully. The message I get when I put in an activated T-Mobile card is that i have to use a supported SIM card. From my understanding, the 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 may not remove all of 1.1.1 from the iphone, so the SIM will not work. Is the only way around this to do a flash restore???? And then unlock all over again? HELP!!!!

I searched and searched and what i was able to find out is that there is no hack for 1.1.1. I tried putting 1.0.2, which was succesful, but i had the incorrect SIM message. SO this is what i did, I restored my phone 3 times, during the restore i unplugged the phone, making it give me a message saying could not restore unknown error in iTunes. I repeated this process about 2 more times. I called Apple and told them that i cannot get passed the update stage and my phone is in update limbo. They adviced me to go into an apple store and exchange it. I was weary about this but was certain that no trace of the unlock would be in the phone. Once i got there i told the rep that i was in restore limbo, he took the phone out of the box, turned it on and there was the itunes icon along with the cable icon. He exchanged it for me!!!!! Now i just have to steer clear of that damn 1.1.1 until someone finds a fix.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast