Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW!

i was wondering if i would get the "incorrect sim error" on my phone if i updated my firmware to 1.1.1. from 1.0.2??? My phone has been activated and is running with a legit At&t contract and sim. The phone is UNLOCKED.

If I upgrade firmware to 1.1.1 would i be able to downgrade later?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried it & work the first time but I was not able to turn of the auto update & when I charge my iphone went back to 1.1.1. When I tried downgrading again its giving me error (1) can anybody help me? Thanks

mixi

a problem i've run in to...

after downgrading, everything works great except i have a little bit of an issue with text messaging. when i tap on the plus sign to create a new message, i start to type in the person's name i want to text. after typing the first letter, it starts narrowing down the names as usual... however, no matter what i type for the second letter, i get no results. due to this... i now can only type in the first letter of their name and have to scroll down to find them.

yes... this isn't that big of a deal... it's just kind of annoying. anyone know how to fix this?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Default Just Did It.
    After SnAPPLE erased all evidence that iPhone 1.0.2 ever existed for downloading
    I looked in User/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates and found the old install .ipsw file (Looks like a lego brick), dragged it to my desktop did the iPhone restart steps holding down the Home button, then select restore in iTunes while holding the 'alt' key selected the install I Dragged to the desktop earlier and hey presto!!! Once restored and you get the error message, just quit itunes and launch AppTap, let it do its thing and there is your happy 1.0.2 iPhone ready for re-hacking and un-locking again!!!!
    ps: I am still running iTunes 7.4.2 and it syncs and all is good.

For you case ,you need to go to Apple store and get a new iphone. That is what I did. Right after the downgrade, you will have the original IMEI number back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a successful downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 but I get "error during install script execution" when I try to install BSD Subsystem. Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks

i've tried this but it doesn't seem to work in my case. I previously used anysim to unlock my iPhone, but after supposedly completing the unlocking process, anysim gave me errors after rewriting the baseband f/w. So now i can't downgrade and my iPhone gives me an error saying my sim is invalid yet it works in my blackjack. When you click the little i circle which should display your imei # on ur iPhone, it gives me a different # which clues an apple technician that you've attempted to unlock your iPhone or tampered with the integrity of the phone. Has anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    i've tried this but it doesn't seem to work in my case. I previously used anysim to unlock my iPhone, but after supposedly completing the unlocking process, anysim gave me errors after rewriting the baseband f/w. So now i can't downgrade and my iPhone gives me an error saying my sim is invalid yet it works in my blackjack. When you click the little i circle which should display your imei # on ur iPhone, it gives me a different # which clues an apple technician that you've attempted to unlock your iPhone or tampered with the integrity of the phone. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Yes, Everyone who has an unlocked iPhone and upgraded to 1.1.1 has this issue.

:admin edit: no spam please. first and last warning. thanks :admin edit:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberdr For This Useful Post:

slezak12 (10-12-2007)

Default Get a your brick'd iPhones replaced by Apple, No charge & No questions!
    Get a your brick'd iPhones replaced by Apple, No charge & No questions!

Here's how! You need to follow this instructions very carefully then you can get a new iPhone to replace your brick'd iPhone.

If you are like me, who had an unlocked iPhone and were dumb enough to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1, then read on because your brick'd and otherwise useless iPhone can be or will be replaced by Apple, no questions asked and for absolutely no charge.

First, you make sure that you run the restore on iTunes so that your iPhone will have firmware 1.1.1. You will certainly get an "invalid sim card" error but that is exactly what we want.

Before restoring, you need to remove the sim card from the iPhone. Run restore to install firmware 1.1.1 on your phone. Run the restore 3 times! YES! I said 3 times! This will make sure that there will be absolutely no trace that an unlock occured on your unit. The first restore leaves an electronic imprint of the the phone being jailbreaked. Thats why it is important that you restore at least 3 times. Also, when the restore is complete, do not re-insert the sim card in the iPhone. Doing so will trigger the phone to report an invalid sim card error and it will also silently log on to the AT&T network and the iPhone will report to the network. Since the firmware 1.1.1 will have an updated baseband frequency, reinserting the original sim card will cause the iphone to change its IMEI because the old sim card will have a string of program written on it which identifies the baseband firmware of 1.0.2. This difference will cause the iPhone to change the IMEI of the unit. That is why the IMEI on the display on the phone and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit will not match. This is the only way that APPLE will know if your phone was ever unlocked or Jailbreaked. Provided that the IMEI matches i.e, the IMEI displayed on the unit and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit matched, Apple will cover the phone's replacement free of charge. Once the iPhone has been restored, the original IMEI will be displayed on the screen upon pressing the "i" icon on the screen and will remain matched to the etched IMEI on the back of the unit as long as the sim card is not inserted. Apple has now accepted responsibilities for causing some iPhones to become unusable because of a bug in the firmware 1.1.1, ultimately, Apple screwed up on releasing the firmware 1.1.1 with bugs still unresolved and prematurely because they were trying to beat a deadline to release the update...(This came from a very reliable source from right within the coder and programmers in Cupertino, I have a friend who admitted to this! He also said that he will get fired if they found out the source of the leak...heheheheheh.) Because of this, Apple is obligated to either reflash your phone or issue a replacement to you. The complete reflashing of firmware for the OS and baseband can only be done by their service centers as the reflashing software is issued only to their service centers. The firmware which is automatically downloaded to your iphone during an update through iTunes does not have the codes and strings of commands for the baseband, therefor if you downgrade to firmware 1.0.2 from 1.1.1, the the baseband frimware remains at 1.1.1 hence causing the sim card error and discrepancies.
    Once, your phone is restored with 1.1.1 and provided that the IMEI matches on the display and etched on back of unit, you can call Apple Tech Support and tell them that your phone showed the sim error only after upgrading to firmware 1.1.1. They will of course ask you if the phone has been unlocked. You will tell them that your computer knowledge extends only as far as clicking a mouse and that you have no idea how to even start to hack or jailbreak your phone. Apple Tech Support will give you a case number. They will fed-ex you a box to send back the phone. Put the iphone in the box and send it back. You get it back from Apple within 48hours....it will of course be locked up again and it will have firmware 1.1.1 loaded on to it, but it will beat having a $600.00 paper weight at home....Hope this helps those stupid enough like me to who had their phone unlocked and upgraded to firmware 1.1.1

GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by dmac925 View Post

Here's how! You need to follow this instructions very carefully then you can get a new iPhone to replace your brick'd iPhone.

If you are like me, who had an unlocked iPhone and were dumb enough to upgrade to firmware 1.1.1, then read on because your brick'd and otherwise useless iPhone can be or will be replaced by Apple, no questions asked and for absolutely no charge.

First, you make sure that you run the restore on iTunes so that your iPhone will have firmware 1.1.1. You will certainly get an "invalid sim card" error but that is exactly what we want.

Before restoring, you need to remove the sim card from the iPhone. Run restore to install firmware 1.1.1 on your phone. Run the restore 3 times! YES! I said 3 times! This will make sure that there will be absolutely no trace that an unlock occured on your unit. The first restore leaves an electronic imprint of the the phone being jailbreaked. Thats why it is important that you restore at least 3 times. Also, when the restore is complete, do not re-insert the sim card in the iPhone. Doing so will trigger the phone to report an invalid sim card error and it will also silently log on to the AT&T network and the iPhone will report to the network. Since the firmware 1.1.1 will have an updated baseband frequency, reinserting the original sim card will cause the iphone to change its IMEI because the old sim card will have a string of program written on it which identifies the baseband firmware of 1.0.2. This difference will cause the iPhone to change the IMEI of the unit. That is why the IMEI on the display on the phone and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit will not match. This is the only way that APPLE will know if your phone was ever unlocked or Jailbreaked. Provided that the IMEI matches i.e, the IMEI displayed on the unit and the IMEI etched on the back of the unit matched, Apple will cover the phone's replacement free of charge. Once the iPhone has been restored, the original IMEI will be displayed on the screen upon pressing the "i" icon on the screen and will remain matched to the etched IMEI on the back of the unit as long as the sim card is not inserted. Apple has now accepted responsibilities for causing some iPhones to become unusable because of a bug in the firmware 1.1.1, ultimately, Apple screwed up on releasing the firmware 1.1.1 with bugs still unresolved and prematurely because they were trying to beat a deadline to release the update...(This came from a very reliable source from right within the coder and programmers in Cupertino, I have a friend who admitted to this! He also said that he will get fired if they found out the source of the leak...heheheheheh.) Because of this, Apple is obligated to either reflash your phone or issue a replacement to you. The complete reflashing of firmware for the OS and baseband can only be done by their service centers as the reflashing software is issued only to their service centers. The firmware which is automatically downloaded to your iphone during an update through iTunes does not have the codes and strings of commands for the baseband, therefor if you downgrade to firmware 1.0.2 from 1.1.1, the the baseband frimware remains at 1.1.1 hence causing the sim card error and discrepancies.
    Once, your phone is restored with 1.1.1 and provided that the IMEI matches on the display and etched on back of unit, you can call Apple Tech Support and tell them that your phone showed the sim error only after upgrading to firmware 1.1.1. They will of course ask you if the phone has been unlocked. You will tell them that your computer knowledge extends only as far as clicking a mouse and that you have no idea how to even start to hack or jailbreak your phone. Apple Tech Support will give you a case number. They will fed-ex you a box to send back the phone. Put the iphone in the box and send it back. You get it back from Apple within 48hours....it will of course be locked up again and it will have firmware 1.1.1 loaded on to it, but it will beat having a $600.00 paper weight at home....Hope this helps those stupid enough like me to who had their phone unlocked and upgraded to firmware 1.1.1

GOOD LUCK!
    you are absolutely correct.. i ran the deal a few different times. called apple told them that when itunes downloaded the software update it either crashes or keeps downloading and never stops and when it does.. it gives an error. i called and told them what was going on, they sent me an Apple service phone and then I sent mine in not knowing what was going to happen but crossed my fingers, well when I got the loaner phone I plugged it and downloaded the update because it hadnt been done, well it gives you the option of downloading only - so I tried again Itunes failed to finish the download and gave me an error so I called apple and gave my complaint again that there software is screwing up.. well I made my original call to apple on friday- got the loaner phone on monday- sent mine in on monday they received it tuesday and im getting a (replacement- not mine but a replacement phone) today -Wed. the only difference is when I sent mine in- i sent it in with the connect to itunes screen (yellow triangle from 1.02).
    Good Luck

Default it works great!
    it works great and it looks like some of the updated features stuck around, like the ability to view pdfs and docs... not sure why/how, but cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tk13_sj View Post
    it works great and it looks like some of the updated features stuck around, like the ability to view pdfs and docs... not sure why/how, but cool.
    you could already view pdfs and docs with 1.0.2...
    Asif J Ahmed

I am new to the site and have a question regarding this downgrade. I just purchased an iphone and it came programmed with the 1.1.1 firmware. I have been able to downgrade it to 1.0.2. However, when I try to run apptapp on my Intel iMac it doesn't respond. Tried several times and same issue. I then tried running apptapp using Windows XP. I then get the dos screen where it shows it is trying to boot the iphone using the normal procedure. I then hear the typical Windows sound when a USB device has been disconnected. Approx 10 minutes later apptapp says it was unable to connect to the device. Any suggestions? Am I able to put the firmware back to 1.1.1 and wait for a fix with no issues? The IMEI number on the display still matches what is on the back. I have never been able to jailbreak it. Also tried using independence with no luck. I should also comment that I have tried this with both itunes version 7.3.2 and 7.4, same problem.
    Last edited by adrenalin; 10-03-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac925 View Post

GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks, I cannot believe as many times as I've restored my iPhone I didn't think of this sooner. The IMEI is back to normal and i have apple iPhone repair sending me a box to have them look at my phone (less the sim card) and will send me a replacement afterwards.

Thanks!!!

crossing fingers

And this fix will not Jailbreak the phone?? Doesn't APPTAP jailbreak the phone. I don't want a paperweight! Let me know.

By the way, the last post from Dave 10-3-07 is me! http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/09/c..._complet_1.php
    They are insane for pissing off the public while they head into the buying season (xmas)!

Thanks

I have a question,

My buddy has a 1.0.2 I modded(just app tap, not unlocked) for him & I was wondering if its possible to restore to 1.0.2 with out iTunes updateing it to 1.1.1? The reason is I would like to restore it so he can confidentally update to 1.1.1 with out bricking it(why? I have know Idea). Im sticking with my 1.0.2 until Dev's figure this out. I know I dont post a lot, but do tons of reading on this site. Im currently running iTunes 7.4.0.28 with Windows XP.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if he only has 1.0.2 then just tell him to click the restore button... since 1.1.1 isnt on the comp or phone it will revert to the stock 1.0.2

well after trying several times I was able to successfully unlock my 1.1.1 phone with the instructions to downgrade it to 1.0.2. Now if only there was a fix to get my SIM card to work...can't wait for that

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast