Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prototype Lens Creates 360-Degree Videos on iPhone 4

yay!.. now i dont have to turn the camera to my face... haha you know what i mean
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty cool, but it doesn't seem very useful. I think it would be easier & better quality to just... turn your iPhone be hand!

Resemble a quicktime VR

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this looks freakin SWEET!!! On my list of things that i will never be able to afford

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg3000 View Post
    this looks freakin SWEET!!! On my list of things that i will never be able to afford
    It's only $50 is you pledge on Kickstarter, After when it is released it will be $90.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Pretty cool, but it doesn't seem very useful. I think it would be easier & better quality to just... turn your iPhone be hand!
    That's not what this does. This shoots video in 360; all at the same time. Meaning, when you look at the video later on, you can rotate the shot while it's playing.

It's an awesome idea/tool. Definitely something to keep our eyes on.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

This is the future of video equipment. Yeah, expensive options are already available for high end devices, but retailing for ~$80 with the lens and case, this takes the world of phone videos to the next level! Breakthroughs like this lead to complete innovations and revamps of what is available to us today. Think of the possibilities something like this could lead to once it goes mainstream. It could completely change the way we think of "normal" for watching movies/tv/live video/etc... Maybe I am looking to deep into this, but the potential is DEFINITELY there. Next payday, I plan to put at least $50 towards their kickstart (which if you think about it, is a very generous offering). If you donate $50, you will be one of the FIRST in line to get one of these amazing products at no additional charge, when they claim the setup will probably retail for ~$80. Not only are you getting the product for less than retail, but you are also helping to ensure the product is available to begin with. Anyone who plays with the video capabilities of their iDevices, should be able to see how awesome this thing is. I really don't know why I went off on this whole spiel about how great this thing is, but unlike most ideas/products I see, this thing really impressed me. Especially, since the product is not just a "dream" in the design stages, a working prototype for the hardware and software already exist! It isn't a question of IF it is a question of WHEN!

That thing is ginormous! It's as big as the post above me!
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Like everyone has said, cool concept but it seems really big and I cant think of a need for it right now. I'm sure in time that it will shrink in size (that's what she said, LOL).
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty cool idea but I'm sure that smaller solutions will start to turn up from other companies and competition will begin! I'm excited!

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mesojdm View Post
    So a panoramic cam app + turning it with your hand= same effect minus big bulky Wang hanging off? Am I missing something?
    i knew someone would say this... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Pretty cool idea but I'm sure that smaller solutions will start to turn up from other companies and competition will begin! I'm excited!
    Smaller wouldn't necessarily be better. If you shrink the mirror down that carries the image to the CCD, that leaves less information (lower quality) to be recorded. We all want BIGGER CCD's in our cameras because a larger CCD = better quality. I think the same goes for the mirror, to some extent. I think the size of this is actually pretty perfect for what it does. Keep in mind it needs to extend above the phone somewhat to be able to capture 360 degrees of video (otherwise the camera would be in the way).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12