Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Showcasing Interactive Advertising with iAd Gallery App

Default Apple Showcasing Interactive Advertising with iAd Gallery App

Apple today released iAd Gallery, and iOS app that Apple calls "a celebration of advertising." To call this app ‘ad supported’ would be quite an understatement. iAd Gallery's sole purpose is to showcase Apple's struggling iAd advertising service and act as a creative launching point for potential clients.

Although the iAd Gallery app is nothing more than a revolving door of ad campaigns, it is still full-featured app, nonetheless. A few of the key features include, regular updates featuring the latest ads from the iAd network, a slick "spinning wheel of iAd banners," a section for your favorite or "Loved" ads, and of course, the usual interactive ad campaigns that are at the heart of iAds to begin with.

Apple describes iAd Gallery as having "Great ads. On-demand. In your pocket." Given the merits of the app itself, it's not a bad app, just a self-serving one. The app is informative, easy to use and accomplishes what it sets out to do. However, the App Store is hardly lacking when it comes to advertising.

With advertising just about everywhere these days, most of us spend a great deal of time simply ignoring ads or trying to avoid them altogether. However, if any of the ads do catch your eye, then iAds are a great way to learn more about products and services being advertised. Let's just hope this doesn't become a dedicated category in App Store.

Source: Apple

When I first saw this I was confused as why but not a horrible idea to see all the unique ads companies have created.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I downloaded it... it is rather neat... its getting a good rating also so far.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

It is neat

Its so rad! Love it! Everybody needs to go get this. Its so useful!

What?! I hate ads. I'd rather get raped. Really, if a raping was all it took to be ad-free my entire life, I'd ask for it - I'd order up one raping, please. That's how much I hate ads.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Not bad. The browse wheel is pretty cool. Definitely a better way to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    What?! I hate ads. I'd rather get raped. Really, if a raping was all it took to be ad-free my entire life, I'd ask for it - I'd order up one raping, please. That's how much I hate ads.
    Wow....
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-05-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys, let's go download some ads!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Baahahahahahahaha.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

I almost agree with you but rape? a little to far there lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Westerman you just used but and rape in the same sentence!!!

Who in their right minds willingly looks @ ads? Apple must be onto something here..... They're allowing people to view ads in one central place and people for some reason want to look at them????

Steve jobs is totally in awe! Steve="polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake woz, they're actually willingly looking at ads, what a bunch of mooks!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scatman10 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (04-06-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jees Apple could probably sell and iMac that does nothing my play Ads to some people.

iAds in Mac OS X.....just wait for it, it'll come

Why would anyone celebrate ads? Seriously, who would download this app
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao! I feel your pain! Iads are pretty bad but what's 10 x's worse are the ads in Cydia. Seems like I always manage to touch one just enough when scrolling down to find the screenshot bar. Then the only way to stop it from going back to the ad(when trying to view a screenshot) is to exit out and reload Cydia.
    Last edited by slap690; 04-06-2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added words for clarifacation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

iAds, just aids spelled different
    My latest theme - -

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanady361 For This Useful Post:

CabooseLoL (04-06-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm and Scion was giving a free theme in Cydia and APPLE asked to remove, Apple scared of competition?

Let's not forget to mention the fact that any revenue generated from ads clicked on within this app fully go to apple, not a third party developer. This is pretty ingenious actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanady361 View Post
    iAds, just aids spelled different
    ftw

This is disturbing.......

AusFags: Can't download it from our AppStore

I'm not a fan of Ads Either, but Damn, I actually want to see this in action.

This is Apple at it's best, making something everyone hates into something people will go out of there way to download.
    It's because of their elegance, and execution. Kudos to Apple.
    Last edited by mofolo; 04-06-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast