+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: iPhone 5 to Drop During 4th Week of June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The latest reports out of Asia - though some are already attempting to debunk it - suggest that the iPhone 5 (mock image above) will make a late June 2011
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Rumor: iPhone 5 to Drop During 4th Week of June

The latest reports out of Asia - though some are already attempting to debunk it - suggest that the iPhone 5 (mock image above) will make a late June 2011 entry into the marketplace, even though Apple may still unveil the device earlier in the month at the company's Worldwide Developer's Conference, which begins June 6th in San Francisco.

Korean news site ETNews.co.kr reveals today that Apple will roll out the fifth generation iPhone during the 4th week of June. Information surrounding the release comes as Korean providers SK Telecom and KT are believed to be among the first who will receive and carry the iPhone 5 upon its debut.

As always, any unconfirmed reports regarding the iPhone 5 - or any Apple product for that matter - must be taken with a grain of salt. Still, it is worth noting that a series of recent stories and like-minded reports indicate that earlier suspicions of a fall 2011 iPhone 5 release may be inaccurate. If the latest report out of Asia is correct, it means Apple will retain precedent and once again roll out a new-gen iPhone during the summer.

Of course, Apple may have originally planned a summer release, but recent events - from product component shortages to the Japanese earthquake - may now force a late-summer iPhone 5 debut. If Sony CEO Howard Stringer's recent comments have been accurately interpreted, the 8MP Sony-built camera coming with the iPhone 5 has already thrown the new product's launch off schedule. Over the weekend, Stringer alluded to the Japanese earthquake hampering iPhone 5 production by seriously damaging a Sony camera sensor plant.

Source: ETNews.co.kr
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-05-2011 at 12:02 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Boker (04-05-2011), dimplenicko (04-07-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know what to say... Um here goes... Dumb fake iPhone 5 picture. Way to be creative Essany. No wonder your in MMI and not Apple.. Your just not cut out to be a "magical" thinker princess

Mod edit: I am positive that you could have made a better statement than this right?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-05-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: first

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what the heck next to the white iPhone it looks like an iPad2 picture lol totally failed at this article. Sorry MMI. I read on MacRumors that the rumor is false and probably wont be released until the Fall iPhone 5 Not Actually Launching in June? - Mac Rumors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneadam View Post
    I don't know what to say... Um here goes... Dumb fake iPhone 5 picture. Way to be creative Essany. No wonder your in MMI and not Apple.. Your just not cut out to be a "magical" thinker princess
    OK....Don't quite get this response, but ok (I guess??!!??)

I have been following this story closely since my contract just expired with AT&T. I will not get the i4 if these reports are true. I can wait until the summer but I don't know if I can wait until third/fourth quarter of this year.

I always planned to get the fifth gen. phone, since I always skip a generation and I am ready to upgrade my 3GS.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-05-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: edit
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks

Will see it this summer and it better have a 4inch screen

Thanks

Not a credible source. I don't believe it.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It'll come out when Apple's ready to release it. How bout we leave it at that!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

derailedz0r (04-06-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Really bad mockup. That back/side is tolerable but the front is awful. NoWhereElse did a great iPhone 5 Rumor roundup that shows a great mockup there as well as a great info-graphic that illustrates all the rumors and hype around the iPhone 5. Check it out:

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

priezti (04-06-2011), Team Infecti0n (04-05-2011), The_13th_Plague (04-05-2011), whereswaldo (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

cool for the people who will get one if these rumors are true. but ill be keeping my iphone 4 till the iphone 6. no point in upgrading my contract when my 4 will last me till the 6.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This story was released in South Korea on April 1st...anyone else find that ironic? Might be a coincidence, but in my mind it takes more than a single news report to sway me.

This was on CNN this morning.

The report also said that it would be released in South Korea and the US on the same day...historically unlikely, but it could happen. They only had to wait 3 months for the iPhone 4 after its release stateside.

It's also been said that it could be delayed due to damage to 15 Sony factories in Japan... The Sony CEO came out and nearly admitted that his company was providing the camera.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Really bad mockup. That back/side is tolerable but the front is awful. NoWhereElse did a great iPhone 5 Rumor roundup that shows a great mockup there as well as a great info-graphic that illustrates all the rumors and hype around the iPhone 5. Check it out:
    That list is cool but I have to disagree with them predicting the iphone as a fall launch. iPhone has always been a summer launch and Apple Doesn't deviate. I am 99% Positive the iPhone 5 drops this summer.
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks

Why would apple bring out a new iPhone when surely there clever enough to know they'll get money in on the White iPhone 4 first !!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Actually mine usually drops the week after I buy it....then I buy another one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Where do the buttons go?
    Well it's pretty obvious that that isn't the way the iPhone 5 will look given that the buttons which are shown on the edge in the first and second images would never fit on the edge as shown in the third image.

Pointless mock up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sdjmchattie For This Useful Post:

ss4adib (04-05-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Celeste is not working on my iphone 4 ios 4.2.1 the first day,please any help? Here...thanks...i waste $9.99 plus my time!

Thanks

I hate to say it but you guys will write about anything. Give us facts because I can give you rumors. Wasting your time writing this crap.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It really baffles me how many ppl use YOUR instead of YOU'RE -- and on top of that while questioning a writer on this site WOW
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-05-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: edit

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    I hate to say it but you guys will write about anything. Give us facts because I can give you rumors. Wasting your time writing this crap.
    If you don't like don't read and don't post!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Ooooh pooh first responsive.. I don't know what to say... Um here goes... Dumb fake iPhone 5 picture. Way to be creative Essany. No wonder your in MMI and not Apple.. Your just not cut out to be a "magical" thinker princess
    Do you lurk the forums just to write negative post?

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmmmm, I think unless there is a dramatic improvement in speed, camera, or even a complete overhaul that makes the iphone 5 better than the iphone 4 I will be sticking with my iphone 4. The 4 is amazing and a huge stepup from the 3g and 3gs so this new one whenever it is released would have to be amazing

Ooooh pooh first responsive.. I don't know what to say... Um here goes... Dumb fake iPhone 5 picture. Way to be creative Essany. No wonder your in MMI and not Apple.. Your just not cut out to be a "magical" thinker princess
    Sounds like you had yourself a tall glass of Hatorade before logging on and posting.
    Last edited by urwack; 04-05-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost