+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Toyota - Take Down that Theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by RICO_ That's okay Apple. You win this battle, but we will win the war. You really think getting Toyota to pull ONE theme is going to do
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    That's okay Apple. You win this battle, but we will win the war. You really think getting Toyota to pull ONE theme is going to do anything to discourage the jailbreaking scene? Dream on. We're here to stay and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
    Totally with ya there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Wow, crApple really dont like having anything to do with people do they?
    I was thinking of getting an iPhone 4 but now after crApple are forcing everyone and everything to be "their" way or no way is pathetic.
    If I buy something ITS MINE! and I'll do what I want with it. If I want to jailbreak it I WILL. Same goes for $ony.
    I think I will get a HTC next or a galaxy. Both are 100x better than crApple and come jailbroken as standard.

I hope everyone starts boycotting crApple to teach them a lesson. Either let us use OUR devices the way WE want or you will loose and we will win.
    You do know that you have to root those phones, right? They don't come pre-JB.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJobsEvilTwinBro View Post
    I remember reading the article about it not too long ago and all the hyped up comments that followed, I thought to myself: "Why would anybody want a Scion theme on their iPhone lol?", the last thing the jb community needs is a bunch of advertisements from Toyota, eager to sell out -- is Cydia really that bad the way it is? Idk about you but I f$#king love it the way it is, soon all the themes will have brand names on them, repos will disappear offering cracked versions of anything, meh..
    I know wouldn't it be a shame if we had to /pay/ for apps??
    [/sarcasm]
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOO!! Way to not have any ballz Toyota!
    Just like their cars!
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Green Apple
    Thanks

It makes sense, from a business perspective. Some people here seem to think they are the center of the world. Face it, the JB community is the minority, and let's get one thing damn straight: The general public is NOT smart enough to handle a phone with all the features of a jailbreak. You can think they are all you want...but the traffic going in and out of Apple's Genius Bar for even the stupidest 'problems' proves otherwise. You can cry 'big brother' all you want--but if you go calling HTC for help after you root your android phone, what will they say? "Sorry, not supported." Same thing with Motorola, etc. There is no point in supporting something like that as a company. Like I said in one other post..you think Apple doesn't let you do what you want with the iPhone? Fact is, they do. They haven't sued anyone for JB yet, even if they cry foul at jail breaking being legal and patching holes(that's what security is for)--Sony, on the other hand....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

The ridiculousness of this leaves me scratching my head, wtf Apple owns the world?

Sad. I downloaded the theme, wasn't much to it, just a few standard icons and a wallpaper, but geez. Paranoid much Apple?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This makes me want to make a bunch of Toyota themes just to piss off Apple. I would love them to ask me to take them down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

wow why are they bending over for apple?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I am absolutely amazed at how many people here are completely blind as to why Toyota would agree to pull the theme at Apple's request.

Keep in mind, the theme was created and handled by the advertising company working for Toyota, not Toyota itself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whats the whole point of jailbreaking? To do stuff apple doesn't approve of, and to use rejected apps.

Thanks

This is absolute crap, Apple despite the fact it is not surprising that it will be removed.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Team Infecti0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Toyota having a relationship with Apple? Hmmm. Does Frito Lay have a relationship with Microsoft? Come on, I can't believe Toyota gave in so easy... I can't even think of how Apple helps Toyota one bit... Threatened with a lawsuit maybe and tried to make it sound contrary to that?
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------
    FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERHUGEA
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This kind of sucks... I love the niche attention that Scion gives to the youth markets. They commissioned some awesome mixtapes at the beginning of the scion model runs. So now that I know that there is a cydia theme, i must have it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple can't tell other companies what to do. Apple doesn't own Cydia or Toyota.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"Toyota had agreed to do so to "maintain their good relationship with Apple,"

I'm sorry did I miss the announcement about a Mac Min being offered as an option in a Toyota. Let's face it Toyota you bent over because you don't have any gonads. Dropping Toyota of the list of cars I would say it's ok to buy.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbcox0327 View Post
    You actually have to learn to navigate past the ads carefully because scrolling is disabled when touching the ad(you have to touch the screen immediately above or below the ad to scroll).
    Actually I think it's only screenshots on some repos' depictions that do that.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Actually I think it's only screenshots on some repos' depictions that do that.
    You think correctly.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

To quote Michael Scott from The Office...
    "Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not... that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be." That is my message to Apple lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrandFinale2001 For This Useful Post:

that_girl (04-06-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    To quote Michael Scott from The Office...
    "Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not... that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be." That is my message to Apple lol
    Lmao I am a huge office fan also that's a perfect example

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    I honestly don't know if I can mod an HTC Evo Shift or a MyTouch 4G the same way I mod my iPhone.
    Well let me educate you then. You can. And more easily, too.

This is literally the first argument I have seen where someone thinks the iPhone is MORE customizable than an Android device. Eh, there's a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    "Toyota had agreed to do so to "maintain their good relationship with Apple,"

I'm sorry did I miss the announcement about a Mac Min being offered as an option in a Toyota. Let's face it Toyota you bent over because you don't have any gonads. Dropping Toyota of the list of cars I would say it's ok to buy.
    Wait, you are dropping Toyota off of your list of acceptable cars to buy, yet you own a handful of Apple products (based on your device listing)? Do you realize how this makes no sense?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-07-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Mrteacup (04-11-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

All this means is toyota probably has a future planned with apple like hmmm have you heard of apps that work with cars!!!!! Of course Toyota would listen to apple

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345