Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Target of Federal Probe Due to Possible Personal Info Leaks

Hopefully they resolve this, I understand wanting the info for marketing/advertising but come on don't be digging into my stuff without my knowing, I dig thru you big business panty drawers!

Oh and can someone please tell me what the hell adsheet is, keep seeing it pop up in my sbsettings and i'm pretty sure it has something to do with this same convo being discussed here. Give you an example, I can turn phone on, under multitasking nothing running, have not opened anything...check it a little while later check sbsettings processes and adsheet, mail, ipod will all be open without me opening any of those apps? Any thoughts?? I've searched the web and found little on this :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    It doesn't matter how "simply" it may be used, the information was taken without permission. And if these apps did in fact steal personal information, I hope the scumbags responsible and their accomplices fry.
    I agree to a point that some people can't fathom.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamadogr1 View Post
    Hopefully they resolve this, I understand wanting the info for marketing/advertising but come on don't be digging into my stuff without my knowing, I dig thru you big business panty drawers!

Oh and can someone please tell me what the hell adsheet is, keep seeing it pop up in my sbsettings and i'm pretty sure it has something to do with this same convo being discussed here. Give you an example, I can turn phone on, under multitasking nothing running, have not opened anything...check it a little while later check sbsettings processes and adsheet, mail, ipod will all be open without me opening any of those apps? Any thoughts?? I've searched the web and found little on this :/
    I believe it's just a system process like windows explorer on a windows based PC, I may be wrong but that's about as much as I know

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm sure we will know the results within 5 or 6 years. Apple will delay this case into oblivion. Maybe I'm wrong on this.....but it seems to me that everything BAD Apple does never seems to make it on the news....and if it does the details are sketchy and un-confirmed. But everything good that they do is on the news in a split second. I never hear of any of these lawsuits and federal investigations on any local or national news.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Any of you actually read the 70 page iTunes and AppStore usage EULAs?

Lol... Advertising is a "must" ... iAd and facebook ads sound familiar?
    no people do not read EULA which make it useless, and no it is not a must. They can put what ever they want in EULA, it is basically useless. There's already a precedence where EULA was made useless because the plaintiff showed that people agree to EULA without reading it, especially ones where you must agree to EULA in order to use the product.
    If I do not use iTunes or any other apps then there would not be any ads, but they can literally put ads as the phone's background or something even more invasive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Really? Just lucid.
    My latest theme - -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12