Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

Do we have to currently be on 4.3 or just point to 4.3 and jailbreak? I'm currently on 4.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-47 View Post
    Do we have to currently be on 4.3 or just point to 4.3 and jailbreak? I'm currently on 4.1.
    If you are jailbroken on 4.1 then you should restore to 4.3.1 then jailbreak...

If you are on non-jailbroken 4.1, just update to 4.3.1 and jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Thanks but isnt it sorta the samething lol.
    LOL ya for the time being it is. But i have to say for as many of the iphone 4's out there with old baseband we should preserve them at all cost's. Never know when you'll need one and its gets harder every day to find one for sale that does have the old baseband(and quite more expensive for that reason when you do find one).Personally jb tools like redsn0w dont make that much sense to me for that reason, ya its faster but in the long run its so much more worth it for the restore and baseband preserve.
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

Great job guys

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

HELP! i restored my Iphone 4 to 4.3.1, then used redsn0w, did everything right, then when it had the pineapple on the screen saying loading all apps, it just restarted when it was almost done downloading. Now i had to restore and update it from itunes, and once its almost done restoring i get an error message on itunes, what do you guys think the problemo is???

I'm freaking trapped in Safe Mode.

I think is this due to Cydia not downloading the latest MobileSubstrate yet. I noticed ModMyI/BigBoss/Saurk repositories have not been updated. Perhaps the servers are getting hammered at this time? Without the update to MobileSubstrate I am unable to use this jailbroken 4.3.1 untethered iPhone 4.
    Last edited by FoxMcWeezer; 04-04-2011 at 02:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afghanmoose View Post
    HELP! i restored my Iphone 4 to 4.3.1, then used redsn0w, did everything right, then when it had the pineapple on the screen saying loading all apps, it just restarted when it was almost done downloading. Now i had to restore and update it from itunes, and once its almost done restoring i get an error message on itunes, what do you guys think the problemo is???
    I dont know about the first problem

But the second problem has to do with your hosts file (most likely)
    Fix iPhone Error 1013

follow these directions ^^^^^

Mine didn't make it to the end on the pineapple screen. I just let it reboot on it's own and it was fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are having pwnage tell you you have to wrong firmware and you have an iphone 4 you need this firmware

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...4_Restore.ipsw

if you have a 3gs download this

then pwnage tool will work.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 04-04-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

I wish redsnow would improve the UI like green poison & limerain. It just looks so generic. Glad it's released though.

I experienced crashed. two times. Have not restart my notebook yet..but here is the details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: redsn0w.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4d982030
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00052d37
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1086
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    If you are having pwnage tell you you have to wrong firmware and you have an iphone 4 you need this firmware

if you have a 3gs download this

then pwnage tool will work.
    Thanks - but links to original FW for all devices can be found at Firmware - The iPhone Wiki - the JB info hasn't yet been updated for this release though.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Make sure u select the correct firmware for ur device

Thanks

if you use tiny umbrella this might be the root cause of your problem. go to tinyumbrella, click the advanced tab, then uncheck the marker next to set hosts to cydia on exit.
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

Ok im using windows and i have an iphone 4, 4.3 ios. everything went smoothly but cydia's icon is just blank white and when i try to open it, it just flashes black and closes. pleaseeeee help i have been patiently waiting for this day.

Guys,

as per my earlier posts. Download and follow the instructions, everything went smooth,

exploting with L1mera1n...first update ...waiting to reboot... danggg!!!!

the redsn0w crash as per image

Try reboot my notebook and same message appears...now it shows message "Downloading Jailbreak Data" on my Iphone.3GS

Please help..Thanks

Is there a walkthrough anywhere?

I have 4.3 (not jailbroken) and my iPhone 4 is locked. Can I update since I don't have ultrasn0w, although I'm desperately waiting for it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionkid7 View Post
    I have 4.3 (not jailbroken) and my iPhone 4 is locked. Can I update since I don't have ultrasn0w, although I'm desperately waiting for it?
    Yes, but use pwnagetool, still won't unlock but at least you'll have untethered jailbreak

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast