Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 529

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

  1. #501
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Yes



    Did that, but still have the same problem.

    This thread shows others experiencing the exact same problem -

    http://modmyi.com/forums/cydia-suppo...tch-fails.html

    If anyone here has a potential solution, would sure appreciate hearing it!
    Well, I fixed it. The ONLY solution I could find, after torquing around with this for a few days, was to do a new restore and jailbreak. This time, after doing that, when setting up the restore from PkgBackup, I deliberately selected to NOT restore the Cydia repo list. I then manually entered the repos that I wanted following the PkgBackup restore.

    I post this here just in case anyone else has run into this issue.

  2. #502
    Default Fix For Cannot Comply
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    UGH

    So I just got finished jailbreaking and cydia was just installed. I tried getting the essentials first SBSettings and keep getting "Cannot Comply"

    Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

    Any idea how I can fix this??
    this is a fix for cannot comply in any iOS, made for 4.3.1 though.

    Fixing iOS 4.3.1 Cydia "cannot comply" FOIS - Brod Wilkinson

  3. #503
    I get this problem.. Im using the latest pwnage tool along with the latest ispw which is 4.3 and pwnage keeps telling me im selecting the wrong firmware bundle.. when I allow it to search the internet for it, it actually searches for 4.1. Im on a newer 3gs 4.3

  4. #504

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    elildo (04-12-2011)

  6. #505
    I am happy to learn abt the new untethered jailbreak.My thanks to you guys for such an unselfish deed.
    I have my Iphone 4, Version 4.02(8A400)Modem Firmware: 01.59.00.
    Its jailbroken with Limerain1 and unlock with Ultrasnow and working perfectly.
    I would like to upgrade to 4.3.1 thru Itunes but the question nagging me is the unlock. Is there a new unlock if ill upgrade to 4.3.1.
    Can you help me guys and direct me the procedures required.
    Much thanks in advance.

    Sam

  7. #506
    Do NOT upgrade through iTunes.

    Use a custom FW created with pwnage to preserve your BaseBand.

    There is no unlock for higher BaseBands and if you update yours you will lose your unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    samuel_sagcal (04-15-2011)

  9. #507
    Thanks bro for the info.
    I am a newbies and would like to know what is FW and can you please help me by sending guide or instruction for jaibreaking then unlocking.
    Again my thanks.
    Sam

  10. #508
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Ok here is a question for you. I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken. My wife wants me to do hers and now that 4.3.2 is out how do I do it and get around the new 4.3.2 release? I have the restore for 4.3.1 and redsn0w. So how do I do it? Thanks guys

  11. #509
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,310
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    Ok here is a question for you. I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken. My wife wants me to do hers and now that 4.3.2 is out how do I do it and get around the new 4.3.2 release? I have the restore for 4.3.1 and redsn0w. So how do I do it? Thanks guys
    If you already have the 4.3.1 IPSW AND DONT NEED AN UNLOCK then just plug her phone into iTunes.

    Hold down SHIFT or OPTION (for Mac) and click Restore

    Choose the 4.3.1 IPSW

    Restore

    After the update is complete, load the 4.3.1 IPSW into redsn0w RC12 and follow it's instructions to jailbreak

  12. #510
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    If you already have the 4.3.1 IPSW AND DONT NEED AN UNLOCK then just plug her phone into iTunes.

    Hold down SHIFT or OPTION (for Mac) and click Restore

    Choose the 4.3.1 IPSW

    Restore

    After the update is complete, load the 4.3.1 IPSW into redsn0w RC12 and follow it's instructions to jailbreak

    Thanks for the quick answer! I forgot about the shift thing. Many thanks!

  13. #511
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,310
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer! I forgot about the shift thing. Many thanks!
    No prob

  14. #512
    Is ultrasn0w available yet? God I really wanna update.

  15. #513
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,589
    Thanks
    6,853
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 7,007 Posts

    It was updated to fix the signal bar display on 4.3.1.

  16. #514
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 70 Times in 56 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    It was updated to fix the signal bar display on 4.3.1.
    What was? I lost my signal bars when I updated to 4.3.1. How can I fix this?

  17. #515
    Run UltraSn0w 1.21
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #516
    Hey Guys...i need some help!

    been trying to do the redsn0w for 4.3.1 on iPhone 4

    running win vista

    tried using Redsn0w rc 9 and 12 with no luck

    tried to run in win xp sp2 comp mode

    ran as admin...

    keep running into the same RAM issue


    what am i doing wrong!?


    I did my 4.2.1 with greenposi0n & worked perfect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It works just fine on windows 7. You just need to right click on redsnow and choose troubleshoot compatibility then choose to run it in windows xp sp2 mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post

    Set the redsn0w executable to XP SP3 compatibility mode and run as administrator.
    THANK YOU!!!! WORKED LIKE A CHARM[/QUOTE]

    did it and nothing..same ram error
    Last edited by PURE XTC; 05-04-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #517
    set it to run on one processor only.
    But why rc12 not rc14?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  20. #518
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,310
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PURE XTC View Post
    Hey Guys...i need some help!

    been trying to do the redsn0w for 4.3.1 on iPhone 4

    running win vista

    tried using Redsn0w rc 9 and 12 with no luck

    tried to run in win xp sp2 comp mode

    ran as admin...

    keep running into the same RAM issue


    what am i doing wrong!?


    I did my 4.2.1 with greenposi0n & worked perfect!





    THANK YOU!!!! WORKED LIKE A CHARM
    did it and nothing..same ram error [/QUOTE]

    Are u sure the 4.3.1 Firmware u have isn't corrupt in some way? I'd get another copy of it and try again.

    BTW, what 'RAM' error are u getting?

  21. #519
    :
    Originally Posted by H.G. Manifold View Post
    Fix for anyone hung up on "uploading ramdisk":

    Run redsn0w as Administrator, Windows XP Compatible, Hold home button during DFU until the JB is complete.
    Yeah... How about we head off any problems like in the last crappy jailbreak and someone over at the iPhone dev team advertise that this, and all the others, ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7. And that all jailbreaks need to be run as admin in compatibility mode. This is a very important fact that I can't believe they don't mention.

    Please bump this post until they include that disclaimer. It will save everyone alot of headache.






    i thought rc14 was for 4.3.2 only



    i just d/l'd a new 4.3.1 ispw and am d/l'n the 4.3.2 one as well

    will try again right now

    just tried with another 4.2.1 and with RC12 no luck, same thing


    The weird thing is some times the progress bar moves one or two bars before the error, and this time with RC14 it went Half way before the error.
    Last edited by PURE XTC; 05-04-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #520
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,310
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PURE XTC View Post
    :
    Originally Posted by H.G. Manifold View Post
    Fix for anyone hung up on "uploading ramdisk":

    Run redsn0w as Administrator, Windows XP Compatible, Hold home button during DFU until the JB is complete.
    Yeah... How about we head off any problems like in the last crappy jailbreak and someone over at the iPhone dev team advertise that this, and all the others, ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7. And that all jailbreaks need to be run as admin in compatibility mode. This is a very important fact that I can't believe they don't mention.

    Please bump this post until they include that disclaimer. It will save everyone alot of headache.






    i thought rc14 was for 4.3.2 only



    i just d/l'd a new 4.3.1 ispw and am d/l'n the 4.3.2 one as well

    will try again right now

    just tried with another 4.2.1 and with RC12 no luck, same thing


    The weird thing is some times the progress bar moves one or two bars before the error, and this time with RC14 it went Half way before the error.
    Still weird....
    BTW, rc14 is rc12 but w/ the ability to have animated bootlogos. That's the only difference

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •