+ Reply
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 529

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi what can i use to jailbreak my ip4 running 4.3.1 without having a ipsw? Cheers
...
  1. #481
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Hi what can i use to jailbreak my ip4 running 4.3.1 without having a ipsw?

    Cheers

  2. #482
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    You can't.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  3. #483
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    rc10 is out

  4. #484
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    redsn0w rc10 released for Mac+Win ... Update #1 Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool) Added boot animations, removed misleading Settings
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  5. #485
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    rc11 up now
    rc11 fixes a race condition dealing with how the partitions are mounted at boot time (it affected boot animation on some devices)

  6. #486
    What's Jailbreak? InsecureSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    just done RC11, all went SWEET!!! thanks guys!!

  7. #487
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 385 Times in 145 Posts

    Anyone else having this problem with some repos in Cydia?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered-img_0003.png  

  8. #488
    What's Jailbreak? InsecureSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Anyone else having this problem with some repos in Cydia?
    did you use PKGBackup?

  9. #489
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Just read 4.3.2 will be coming to patch the Jailbreak

    I'm starting to get really tired of Apple
    I wish JB would go to court

    Its already established as legal

    Apple won't stop until told to.

    The have a Bug up their "A" for JB they will never stop till they are told it's legal by the courts

  10. #490
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    I wouldn't believe everything you read....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  11. #491
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Anyone else having this problem with some repos in Cydia?
    I had that, delete the repo in the sources section and try again a few minutes later.
    Edit: but not with those repos. Try refreshing changes in half an hour or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    Just read 4.3.2 will be coming to patch the Jailbreak

    I'm starting to get really tired of Apple
    I wish JB would go to court

    Its already established as legal

    Apple won't stop until told to.

    The have a Bug up their "A" for JB they will never stop till they are told it's legal by the courts
    Theres nothing wrong with them fixing security holes. In fact, I expect them to, as you should any company with any products.
    Last edited by lfc_; 04-07-2011 at 09:43 AM.

  12. #492
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    BGR has been known to be wrong. We'll see.

    Link to original article ->
    Apple to release iOS 4.3.2 in the next two weeks | BGR
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  13. #493
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    I had that, delete the repo in the sources section and try again a few minutes later.
    Edit: but not with those repos. Try refreshing changes in half an hour or so.



    Theres nothing wrong with them fixing security holes. In fact, I expect them to, as you should any company with any products.
    It's only a security problem because it's a Jailbreak

    you and I will never agree
    Apple is making it impossible for Cydia and Theme it, possibly other legit companies to stay in business this is a direct attack on competition and continuing monopolization of IOS to the Apple App store.

    The numbers if JB is around 10 million now pretty significant.

    As Americans we should fight to keep the competition fair

    It's not

  14. #494
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    It's only a security problem because it's a Jailbreak

    you and I will never agree
    Apple is making it impossible for Cydia and Theme it, possibly other legit companies to stay in business this is a direct attack on competition and continuing monopolization of IOS to the Apple App store.

    The numbers if JB is around 10 million now pretty significant.

    As Americans we should fight to keep the competition fair

    It's not
    I agree that Apple telling toyota to remove the theme is wrong and all that stuff, but fixing a hole in the operating system (and same goes for all software/hardware) that can lead to people gaining access to your personal information is definitely something that should be fixed.
    No doubt Apple patches these exploits because of JB's but they also patch them because they are exactly what they are; security holes.

  15. #495
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    I agree that Apple telling toyota to remove the theme is wrong and all that stuff, but fixing a hole in the operating system (and same goes for all software/hardware) that can lead to people gaining access to your personal information is definitely something that should be fixed.
    No doubt Apple patches these exploits because of JB's but they also patch them because they are exactly what they are; security holes.
    Show me one report ( I have never read one) that a Jailbreak exploit was linked to real life threat of compromise
    It's an excuse for Apple to keep IPhone to themselves
    People who are glad are because Apple has succeeded in scaring them. It's BS and we should realize it.

  16. #496
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 385 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    did you use PKGBackup?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    I had that, delete the repo in the sources section and try again a few minutes later.
    Edit: but not with those repos. Try refreshing changes in half an hour or so.
    Did that, but still have the same problem.

    This thread shows others experiencing the exact same problem -

    Cydia repository fetch fails

    If anyone here has a potential solution, would sure appreciate hearing it!
    Last edited by tsatryan; 04-07-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #497
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 504 Times in 225 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Yes



    Did that, but still have the same problem.

    This thread shows others experiencing the exact same problem -

    Cydia repository fetch fails

    If anyone here has a potential solution, would sure appreciate hearing it!
    i have the same prob after using pkgbackup to restore sources. its not a problem, there seems to be other versions of those sources that are installed and working with the cydia install. only prob is i cant delete them from within mange sources. and if i go in using ifile i dont know if im deleting the one thats not working or the one that is, because they both seem to have the same url

  18. #498
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 41 Times in 14 Posts

    Has anyone had a problem connecting to an "ad hoc" network after this jailbreak?

    Never mind.... I reset network settings and it works now...
    Last edited by Doran; 04-07-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed

  19. #499
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    Show me one report ( I have never read one) that a Jailbreak exploit was linked to real life threat of compromise
    It's an excuse for Apple to keep IPhone to themselves
    People who are glad are because Apple has succeeded in scaring them. It's BS and we should realize it.
    There doesn't have to be a report, the potential just has to be there.
    Even then, how would you know someone hasn't done this? JB'ing allows full access to the device and does so without having to type in a password. Obviously someone could obtain your information this way, even if you had a lock screen password. They could even remove that password by doing this as well.

    There's honestly no excuse for anyone getting angry at any company for fixing security holes. It doesn't matter if you want it for JB'ing, that exploit that allows the JB also allows access to private information.

    It cant be any more clearer then that.

  20. #500
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Question:
    The jailbreak went perfectly, but I cannot get WINSCP to work. I cannot login no matter what I do. Does anyone have a solution or similar problem?
    Thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts