Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 529

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    if you on ATT you should un-select "activate phone"...in PwnageTool...
    I'm from Singapore and my Carrier's Starhub. Does that apply to all carriers or only for AT&T? I didn't do any configuration or make any changes to the settings when I used Pwnage to make the custom firmware.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrajputz View Post
    I wanted to wait a couple days before actually jailbreaking so the kinks are worked out. Are majority of users having problems with jb or is everyone generally fine with the jb? Do you think dev team will release another build by end of the week?

    JB went smooth and i have no problems.....it's just this annoying one signal bar....hope fix will be available soon...


    ....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

  3. #403
    Green Apple greeneyes5066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default 1013 Error
    I waited a couple days and saw most were having success. When I tried to do a normal update through iTunes I received a 1013 error. I then tried a restore with the same error. Then tried DFU and Tiny Umbrella same error. Any idea? I was on 4.2.1 with GP and everthing was fine. I have an iP4 and MBP 10.6.7 and iTunes current version. Any advice or help is much appreciated.

    Never Mind my host file was changed from Tiny Umbrella I just had to go under advanced and uncheck the box to change host on exit. Restarted everything and restored fine.
    Last edited by greeneyes5066; 04-05-2011 at 10:17 AM.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The main reason people use Sn0wBreeze is to preserve the BB so you can still unlock.
    Pwnage is only available on the Mac. Being able to add bundles is a minor thing which very few people actually use. Pwnage also allows you to adjust your disk size which hasn't been necessary since FW 2.xx
    Sn0wBreeze is not fully patched so can cause incompatibilities with some programs. Most users don't see this and just blame the app writers when programs don't work due to faults with Sn0wBreeze.
    If the BaseBand does not need to be preserved then RedSn0w is by far the easiest JB as it does not need the loading or creating of a custom ipsw.



    Yes, the basebands of course. But could you elaborate on sn0wbreeze not being "fully patched"?

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by stray308 View Post
    I'm from Singapore and my Carrier's Starhub. Does that apply to all carriers or only for AT&T? I didn't do any configuration or make any changes to the settings when I used Pwnage to make the custom firmware.
    yes u will need to uncheck that too

    otherwise itunes wont activate your phone for you

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to dash7869 For This Useful Post:

    rumcajs (04-05-2011)

  7. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by dash7869 View Post
    yes u will need to uncheck that too

    otherwise itunes wont activate your phone for you
    Omg, that solved the problem! THanks so much! Really really appreciate it!
    Its so good to finally see cydia on my homescreen again

  8. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by TTGator View Post
    Yes, the basebands of course. But could you elaborate on sn0wbreeze not being "fully patched"?
    BigBoss actually posted an article about it a few days ago but his site is temporarily down. He explained it much better than I can.

    Check http://thebigboss.org/author/bigboss - hopefully it will be up soon, no point in me trying to explain something he knows more about
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  9. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by stray308 View Post
    Omg, that solved the problem! THanks so much! Really really appreciate it!
    Its so good to finally see cydia on my homescreen again
    haha cool! good cuz that happened to me the first time so i had to redo.. at 430am

    want to check with you if you have any issues with Cydia's repos.. can u post your findings pls?


    i had problems with all 4.. then i redid and 2 had errors.. and i redid again... now i m haveing prob with just bigboss's repo.. his site say's its (the cydia repo) is up though... can you confirm?

  10. #409
    iPhone? More like MyPhone danieru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 98 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dash7869 View Post
    me too.. but mine is bigboss

    and i cant seem to install anything too.. at the very least iFile and SBsettings.. and winterboard

    i know wb isnt on bigboss but there are some dependencies..

    is the repo really down or was mine just a bad flash? but i have tried restoring and re-jailbreaking like 3-4times...

    hope someone can help..
    I'm on the same boat, can't load indexes for modmy/bigboss/saurik, are the servers just being hammered?

  11. #410
    What's Jailbreak? InsecureSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danieru View Post
    I'm on the same boat, can't load indexes for modmy/bigboss/saurik, are the servers just being hammered?
    same here on my iphone4 was ok yesterday
    but all load fine on my daughters 3GS.....

  12. #411
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Holly Springs, NC. USA.
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I think if your just jailbeaking and using redsn0w you will be fine. The biggest issue has been hanging during the ramdisk upload but that only appears to affect windows 64bit machines. Mine went perfect running redsn0w as administrator and Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Cydia is also getting hit pretty hard and some packages are not loading but that should work itself out.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyrajputz View Post
    I wanted to wait a couple days before actually jailbreaking so the kinks are worked out. Are majority of users having problems with jb or is everyone generally fine with the jb? Do you think dev team will release another build by end of the week?

  13. #412
    What does it mean to "rely on a carrier unlock"? Im planning on jailbreaking and unlocking my phone but right now its running on 4.3.1 and has the newest baseband so I just have to wait for the unlock to come out for it, should I still use Sn0wbreeze or is it okay to use redsn0w.

    The reason I ask is because Sn0wbreeze keeps crashing on me and I havnt been able to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with it

  14. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    On my iPad 4.3.1 I'm still getting an error when trying to refresh data in Cydia. I have 4 sources that all show empty and I can't delete them out and re-add them.

    Failed to fetch http://apt.modmyi.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Some index files failed to download. they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    I am having the same issue and have not found a solution yet

  15. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    download blackra1n and run it while your phone is still plugged in.....should do the trick.
    Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.

    I ran blackra1n and it looked as though it had run successfully but the iPhone still starts in recovery mode.

    I've tried using Tiny Umbrella to exit recovery but it's not working.

    Any other ideas?

  16. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    On my iPad 4.3.1 I'm still getting an error when trying to refresh data in Cydia. I have 4 sources that all show empty and I can't delete them out and re-add them.

    Failed to fetch http://apt.modmyi.com/./Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Some index files failed to download. they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    I am having the same problem. I was fine till I ran PKGBackup. After that my repos failed to fetch. Unless someone has another solution i will probably rejaibreak and add my apps manually.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jugdys For This Useful Post:

    goodred2 (04-05-2011)

  18. #416
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    When i ran redsn0w, it goes thru the motions of jailbreaking(even the scrolling text on my phone(last step). Once it finishes and i check what IOS I am running, it is still on 4.2.1
    Tried 4 or 5 times

  19. #417
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,593
    Thanks
    6,857
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 7,010 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    When i ran redsn0w, it goes thru the motions of jailbreaking(even the scrolling text on my phone(last step). Once it finishes and i check what IOS I am running, it is still on 4.2.1
    Tried 4 or 5 times
    Redsnow does not update your firmware, it just jailbreaks. You have to update in iTunes first.

  20. #418
    What's Jailbreak? InsecureSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jugdys View Post
    I am having the same problem. I was fine till I ran PKGBackup. After that my repos failed to fetch. Unless someone has another solution i will probably rejaibreak and add my apps manually.
    yup think i'm gonna give that a go myself

  21. #419
    I used PwnageTools to jailbreak my 3GS to 4.3.1 from 4.1. It's been experiencing a lot of freezes. It doesn't let me scroll across my springboard and sometimes my multitask bar is stuck while it's scrolling. I have to constantly reboot my phone. I've never used RedSn0w before. Do you think I should try using that instead?

  22. #420
    Do you need to preserve your BB?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •