Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone have any issues with m3g or MYwi?

Why is it SO IMPOSSIBLE to always find the ios for windows?!? Plenty for mac but I can never find one for windows. Please somebody link me to 4.3.1 for windows.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I haven't upgraded yet, but does this mean that you ARE having troubles with those apps after upgrading to 4.3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by dallaspowers View Post
    Why is it SO IMPOSSIBLE to always find the ios for windows?!? Plenty for mac but I can never find one for windows. Please somebody link me to 4.3.1 for windows.
    are you looking for redsnow? I googled it and it was on the first page and says windows or mac

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1

Quote Originally Posted by armond157 View Post
    I haven't upgraded yet, but does this mean that you ARE having troubles with those apps after upgrading to 4.3.1?
    Running MyWi on 4.3.1 and all is good here
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Probably a stupid question, but I have an iphone 4 and need to have it replaced as my speaker is blown. Will the new phone from the apple store be on 4.3.1 and will this JB work?

Also I saw something in this thread about certain apps and tweaks not working yet. Is that true? Or does everything work just as on 4.2?

D

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    are you looking for redsnow? I googled it and it was on the first page and says windows or mac

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1

Clearly you didnt read all of what I wrote. Thanx anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Both are working for me.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Clearly you didnt read all of what I wrote. Thanx anyway.
    What you said was:

Which makes no sense as iOS is for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.

RedSn0w is the tool that JailBreaks iOS that can be used on Windows but any ipsw created with pwnage for Mac can be restored in Windows but as it is illegal to link to Pwned IPSWs you, presumably weren't asking for someone to do that here.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

hi there,

Thanks for the jailbreak... but i have a little problem..

I have done it all and now and i can acess cydia but, once my phone is on after a few mins, it flickers and the apple sign comes ontop of the apps and background and the loading bar comes up as if i am restoring or updating the phone... i am still able to use my phone when this happens but the apple sign and loading bar is there. I just turned it off as am scared of letting the loading bar reach to the end.

What may i have done wrong. Is it because i never restored the phone first and simply just updated from 4.2.1?

A little help please

thanks

why is it so impossible to always find the ios for windows?!? Plenty for mac but i can never find one for windows. Please somebody link me to 4.3.1 for windows.
    you DOWNLOAD it ON itunes!!! Or search AND DOWNLOAD IT TYPE IN IPHONE 4 4.3.1 IPSW ETC...

I would let it finish loading whatever bit is that's trying to load!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aj_07 View Post
    hi there,

Thanks for the jailbreak... but i have a little problem..

I have done it all and now and i can acess cydia but, once my phone is on after a few mins, it flickers and the apple sign comes ontop of the apps and background and the loading bar comes up as if i am restoring or updating the phone... i am still able to use my phone when this happens but the apple sign and loading bar is there. I just turned it off as am scared of letting the loading bar reach to the end.

What may i have done wrong. Is it because i never restored the phone first and simply just updated from 4.2.1?

A little help please

thanks
    Are you on a mac?? What i understand is that you ALWAYS should restore when you upgrade and jailbreak i did and no probs here so try restore
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaospassageraren For This Useful Post:

aj_07 (04-04-2011)

i cannot figure out how to use pwanage tool. I follow the steps, the respore ipsw is placed on the desktop, I open itunes/close the pwanage tool, I run the restore, it locks up at about 2/3 the way thru. Now, How do I make itunes use the custom ipsw that the pwanage tool creates? btw, I'm on a mac.

no on PC...ok.... I will give it a try now..

I have never had this problem before

thanks

Thanks

On my work laptop running Windows 7 I had to run redsn0w under Vista compatibility for it to work.

While it never hurts to do a restore rather than an upgrade, for a minor release an update usually works fine. I would just let it finish what it wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post
    i cannot figure out how to use pwanage tool. I follow the steps, the respore ipsw is placed on the desktop, I open itunes/close the pwanage tool, I run the restore, it locks up at about 2/3 the way thru. Now, How do I make itunes use the custom ipsw that the pwanage tool creates? btw, I'm on a mac.
    Hold down the Apple key when you click restore - it will then let you chose the ipsw.

For Windows it's the Alt key.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-04-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anybody ....please....!?
    I read a lot about jailbreak, but is this an unlock too?
    Can I finally unlock my 3G, with Bootloader 06.02.
    Baseband 05.15.04
    FW 4.2.1????

Thanks for any info.

It is a JB not an unlock. The only current way of unlocking your phone is to upgrade the BB to the iPad BB 06.15.00 but if you do that you will lose your GPS. I would not recommend it unless you have absolutely no alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaysunrise View Post
    Anybody ....please....!?
    The way i understand this....and im 90% sure. Is that it is only a Unteathered Jailbreak for 4.3.1. This means that your iphone will not work on any other carriers! You have to wait until the ultrasnow update!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickjudd For This Useful Post:

dogdaysunrise (04-04-2011)

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast