Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 529

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    UGH

    So I just got finished jailbreaking and cydia was just installed. I tried getting the essentials first SBSettings and keep getting "Cannot Comply"

    Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

    Any idea how I can fix this??

    I think you need springboard installed first.
    Also, some of the repos might be down due to high bandwidth today =-)

  2. #222
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,716
    Thanks
    6,951
    Thanked 15,499 Times in 7,089 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_1234567 View Post
    I'm on 4.1 JB with limera1n. Do I just update and run redsnow. Or is there an extra step.
    As long as you dont require to unlock then yes it is as easy as that.

  3. #223
    i have a 3G[s] with 6.15 bb that successfully restores the baseband preservation mode sn0wbreeze firmware but remains in a recovery loop after completion. i have unchecked the cydia server option on tinyumbrella. any ideas? the tinyumbrella and ireb recovery loop fixer don't work.

  4. #224
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for the quick reply!

  5. #225
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,716
    Thanks
    6,951
    Thanked 15,499 Times in 7,089 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by svlifeguard View Post
    i have a 3G[s] with 6.15 bb that successfully restores the baseband preservation mode sn0wbreeze firmware but remains in a recovery loop after completion. i have unchecked the cydia server option on tinyumbrella. any ideas? the tinyumbrella and ireb recovery loop fixer don't work.
    Use expert mode.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by yomike007 View Post
    Had the same issue.
    Sol:
    1 Open CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    2 Delete the line with blah blah apple.com and save (if it gives u an administrative rights error go to start> right click on notepad and run as adminstrator, then open the hosts file)
    3 RESTART COMPUTER
    4 Ur good to go.
    Thanks ..that took are of that problem.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    That may be due to some repos getting hit hard right now. Give it some time and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by yomike007 View Post
    I think you need springboard installed first.
    Also, some of the repos might be down due to high bandwidth today =-)
    after a third reboot of my phone, i was asked for the "complete upgrade" of cydia and after that it's now working

  8. #228
    Hey there, another quick one. Does backgrounder not work on 4.3 , or is it not required anymore? Says I need something below 4.2.6. Also pkgbackup is still not working properly, this is my second time through. Still no section in settings where activator, etc usually show up.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by svlifeguard View Post
    i have a 3G[s] with 6.15 bb that successfully restores the baseband preservation mode sn0wbreeze firmware but remains in a recovery loop after completion. i have unchecked the cydia server option on tinyumbrella. any ideas? the tinyumbrella and ireb recovery loop fixer don't work.
    let me know if you have the signal bar issue when you get it worked out.

    x98
    When you said use expert version is there a different option you need to use to make this recovery loop not happen?

  10. #230
    My iPad 2 is neglected again. I have a feeling soon enough I will be able to play my favorite nes games soon enough on this bad boy.
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

  11. #231
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,716
    Thanks
    6,951
    Thanked 15,499 Times in 7,089 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    let me know if you have the signal bar issue when you get it worked out.

    x98
    When you said use expert version is there a different option you need to use to make this recovery loop not happen?
    Using expert mode makes a complete custom 4.3.1 firmware. It will preserve your baseband. If you are still ending up in recovery after this then my guess is you are using tiny umbrella adn the TSS server, which you shouldn't be with this.

  12. #232
    iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Illinoize
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    914
    Thanked 101 Times in 71 Posts

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkq0czNZbAI]YouTube - New Untethered 4.3.1 Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3Gs, iPod touch 4, 3 & iPad For Windows & Mac[/ame]

  13. #233
    So what was the main changes in 4.3 is it true battery life is better?

    Also does anybody know if were able to use gestures on 4.3 and the iPhone?

    I know it was for iPad but wondering if we could use it on our phones

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Using expert mode makes a complete custom 4.3.1 firmware. It will preserve your baseband. If you are still ending up in recovery after this then my guess is you are using tiny umbrella adn the TSS server, which you shouldn't be with this.
    Ah this probably explains why it happened with my ipod, I only used tiny though because itunes wouldnt run the firmware without it. Oh well that issue has come and gone. Good to finally figure out what went wrong though.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    So what was the main changes in 4.3 is it true battery life is better?

    Also does anybody know if were able to use gestures on 4.3 and the iPhone?

    I know it was for iPad but wondering if we could use it on our phones
    I just posted it on the previous page.
    Last edited by jonathan1683; 04-04-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #235
    I keep trying to restore my iPhone4 but it gets stuck at like 90%....even when I try and restore it without the customer firmware it only gets to about 60%...what the dilly?

  16. #236
    i have an iphone 3gs with the 6.15.00 baseband how can i update to 4.3.1. when i tried thru itunes it doesnt let me i guess is bcuz of the baseband....HELP please. i want to update to 4.3.1 and then JB and unlock the iphone for t-mobile

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Use expert mode.
    I tried using expert mode and now I'm getting error 37 when it's verifying the firmware. So now I've umbrella-ed 4.3.1 and I'm trying it with the TSS server.

  18. #238
    I read a lot about jailbreak, but is this an unlock too?
    Can I finally unlock my 3G, with Bootloader 06.02.
    Baseband 05.15.04
    FW 4.2.1????

    Thanks for any info.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by svlifeguard View Post
    I tried using expert mode and now I'm getting error 37 when it's verifying the firmware. So now I've umbrella-ed 4.3.1 and I'm trying it with the TSS server.
    It didn't work. I'm gonna try rebuilding the firmware, disabling the Cydia host server, and try again. My firewalls and stuff have never interfered with itunes updates before. I don't know what's causing the error 37. It must be a bad sn0wbreeze.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Are you on a 3G or wifi network when this happens? If not, then thats normal (EDGE connections do not work during calls).

    If you are on a 3G or wifi network when this comes up, then there might be something wrong and you might look into restoring or use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool.

    ADDENDUM: Did you mean that you were using the most recent redsn0w tailored to 4.3.1, while still on 4.2.1??? That might be your issue. The most recent redsn0w is supposed to be used for 4.3.1 and may have unresolved issues on devices running older firmwares. You might consider using a tool tailored to 4.2.1 specifically (greenpoison) for an untethered solution that'll work better on 4.2.1. Either that or wait for the ultrasn0w update (that may not be necessary for 3GS users as much as for i4 users) and update to 4.3.1 using PT or SB later.
    Yea, I was on edge. I was able to use edge and talk on the phone (4.2.1 tethered) before I did the tailored redsn0w (4.3.1 untethered). Now it's like a verizon iphone :P I'll try updating to 4.3.1 later and try again after a lil more research

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •