Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & redsn0w iOS 4.3.1 Untethered

I have a 3gs 32g jb tethered w/ redsn0w on 4.2.1 fw and unlocked w/ ultrasn0w on 06.15.00 (ipad) bb. I ran the new redsn0w still using 4.2.1 fw and everything is went smooth. Now jb untethered on 4.2.1 and still unlocked with 06.15.00 (ipad) bb. Only problem is when I get calls while on the internet a message pops up say "Cellular data connectins are not available during this call." Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    If you updated via iTunes on Windows, then goto the following dir:

C \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

You'll find the .ipsw your looking for there.
    Thanks irishj, I am on my pc at home now, trying to update it, will post an update shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by iJunkie68 View Post
    OK guys, I was jailbroken on 4.2.1, so I just went to upgrade to 4.3.1 and it went through the Restoring iPhone Software process, then the Verifying Software Update with Apple, then it goes to the Updating Firmware...and after about 20 seconds...I get the following error...."The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred(1013). Anybody have any clue what this is and how to rectify it...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Had the same issue.
    Sol:
    1 Open CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    2 Delete the line with blah blah apple.com and save (if it gives u an administrative rights error go to start> right click on notepad and run as adminstrator, then open the hosts file)
    3 RESTART COMPUTER
    4 Ur good to go.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yomike007 For This Useful Post:

iJunkie68 (04-04-2011), kruzzit (04-04-2011)

guys where do I get 4.3.1 fw so that way I can point redsnow to it, I just downloaded it via itunes will that work or do i need to download it seperately?

I just did my iphone 4, im running 7 Home Prem 64, had to run redsn0w as admin and Xp compatibility to get it to work right, but all is well now.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    guys where do I get 4.3.1 fw so that way I can point redsnow to it, I just downloaded it via itunes will that work or do i need to download it seperately?
    That one will work. You can also download one from the downloads section at the top of the page.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bobright (04-04-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie_S2k View Post
    I have a 3gs 32g jb tethered w/ redsn0w on 4.2.1 fw and unlocked w/ ultrasn0w on 06.15.00 (ipad) bb. I ran the new redsn0w still using 4.2.1 fw and everything is went smooth. Now jb untethered on 4.2.1 and still unlocked with 06.15.00 (ipad) bb. Only problem is when I get calls while on the internet a message pops up say "Cellular data connectins are not available during this call." Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    Are you on a 3G or wifi network when this happens? If not, then thats normal (EDGE connections do not work during calls).

If you are on a 3G or wifi network when this comes up, then there might be something wrong and you might look into restoring or use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool.

ADDENDUM: Did you mean that you were using the most recent redsn0w tailored to 4.3.1, while still on 4.2.1??? That might be your issue. The most recent redsn0w is supposed to be used for 4.3.1 and may have unresolved issues on devices running older firmwares. You might consider using a tool tailored to 4.2.1 specifically (greenpoison) for an untethered solution that'll work better on 4.2.1. Either that or wait for the ultrasn0w update (that may not be necessary for 3GS users as much as for i4 users) and update to 4.3.1 using PT or SB later.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 04-04-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: ADDENDUM
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Does anyone know how much longer it will take for the iPad 2 release? What's preventing it from happening?
    iPad 2 requires a bootrom exploit (meaning a new one that hasn't been patched by Apple)
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3239680&dateline=1295  582579

Where would I go to get the Apple TV 2G file so I can use Pwnage Tool on it? Tired of seeing the "do you want to upgrade" screen. I am assuming it's untethered, too?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quick question, is there a seamless way to upgrade to 4.3.1 from a iphone 4 thats on 4.1? Meaning if i create a pwned firmware and upgrade from that firmware, will i lose anything? or will it be nice and easy?
    -Cobra

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Where would I go to get the Apple TV 2G file so I can use Pwnage Tool on it? Tired of seeing the "do you want to upgrade" screen. I am assuming it's untethered, too?
    Search around google for links. I believe there are a few places posting direct links from Apple's servers.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Right on x98car and irishj found the file from the itunes download

JB is almost finished

Hello,

I am on 4.1 with 05.13.04 baseband. I don't know if that's a good one to have or not, but I don't want to lose it. What is the most current and how would I update this and keep the baseband? I used snowbreeze to do this jailbreak and I also do not want the bug with no signal bar you guys are experiencing. Is this a bug everyone gets or just a few? Does anyone know when there may be a fix for it?

I was wondering what changes people might want to actually upgrade I found a list that might be helpful its missing the last version though. I will c/p it. The things I like are the screen rotation lock and search feature in safari. With 4.3.1 I do not see anything useful to warrant the upgrade.

The new version of iOS fixes graphic glitches for iPod touch 4G owners, resolves issues when authenticating with enterprise services, Fixes image flicker when using Apple Digital AV Adapter with some tvs, other bugs when activating and connecting to cellular data networks. iOS 4.3.1 is not available for the Verizon iPhone.
    other ios udpates

iOS History - iPhone Firmware History - iPhone OS History

Worked great on my iPad! Thnx

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    Hello,

I am on 4.1 with 05.13.04 baseband. I don't know if that's a good one to have or not, but I don't want to lose it. What is the most current and how would I update this and keep the baseband? I used snowbreeze to do this jailbreak and I also do not want the bug with no signal bar you guys are experiencing. Is this a bug everyone gets or just a few? Does anyone know when there may be a fix for it?

I was wondering what changes people might want to actually upgrade I found a list that might be helpful its missing the last version though. I will c/p it. The things I like are the screen rotation lock and search feature in safari. With 4.3.1 I do not see anything useful to warrant the upgrade.

other ios udpates

iOS History - iPhone Firmware History - iPhone OS History
    First of all you have baseband 05.13.04 which means you can unlock your iphone right now! So you don't want to lose that option!!! (one never knows when it will come in handy).. the most current upgrade is 4.3.1 but to get it you want to use sn0wBreeze 2.5 (if you have a pc) to upgrade or use pwnage tool 4.3 (if you have a mac) to upgrade to 4.3.1.... that way your baseband will stay at 05.13.04.....

Quick question if anyone can help. I am currently using a tethered jailbroken 4.3.1 iPad 1 . Do I need to restore to stock 4.3.1 before running the untethered jailbreak? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by whatareyouthinking; 04-04-2011 at 12:22 PM.

UGH

So I just got finished jailbreaking and cydia was just installed. I tried getting the essentials first SBSettings and keep getting "Cannot Comply"

Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

Any idea how I can fix this??

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    UGH

So I just got finished jailbreaking and cydia was just installed. I tried getting the essentials first SBSettings and keep getting "Cannot Comply"

Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.

Any idea how I can fix this??
    That may be due to some repos getting hit hard right now. Give it some time and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by femibrim View Post
    First of all you have baseband 05.13.04 which means you can unlock your iphone right now! So you don't want to lose that option!!! (one never knows when it will come in handy).. the most current upgrade is 4.3.1 but to get it you want to use sn0wBreeze 2.5 (if you have a pc) to upgrade or use pwnage tool 4.3 (if you have a mac) to upgrade to 4.3.1.... that way your baseband will stay at 05.13.04.....

Thanks for the info I didn't think snowbreeze was updated and people seem to be talking bad about using it and it screwed me up on my last ipod jailbreak so I have been scared to use it since. Only thing left to figure out is about this signal bar issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 4.1 JB with limera1n. Do I just update and run redsnow. Or is there an extra step.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast