+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony CEO Suggests iPhone 5 May Sport 8MP Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
They better double up the HDD too if they do this. As many pictures/videos I shoot I need it. I've been maxed out on my iPhone 4 a few months
    Thanks

They better double up the HDD too if they do this. As many pictures/videos I shoot I need it. I've been maxed out on my iPhone 4 a few months after the release of it. 32Gb's isn't anything close to enough when it comes to a device that can be used as a full on iPod, camera, and app/game device. HDD is flooded with ****.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    They better double up the HDD too if they do this. As many pictures/videos I shoot I need it. I've been maxed out on my iPhone 4 a few months after the release of it. 32Gb's isn't anything close to enough when it comes to a device that can be used as a full on iPod, camera, and app/game device. HDD is flooded with ****.
    +1 man!!

Thanks

The FF camera is limited by the fact that it has to send data - more date = slower. Until 4G there is no point in a better FF camera.
    The iP4 camera is good and the best for video but their are better for still pics, it's great but people always want more. Apple know it's not all about MP but Sony do make good cameras so I'm sure it will be better on the iPhone 5.

My biggest concern is that Sony have got all of GeoHotz twitter and IRC records. If all they were interested in was his PS3 stuff it wouldn't be a problem, but now they are working with Apple they have access to conversations which should not be available to Apple. This is a major conflict of interest and could be very damaging to the JB community.
    The judge that allowed Sony access to records that have nothing to do with them has a lot to answer for!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyraincloud View Post
    great, now I WILL not buy the iPhone5 if it has anything related to sony in it.

geohot/liksang.com/rootkits ect?

SONY IS EVIL

It has already been well established that Sony is involved in far too many ventures, projects, and companies for us to effectively boycott them.

The best thing we can do is give geohot all the support we can and hope he prevails.
    Last edited by alexevo; 04-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Apple's 5th generation iPhone may pack the most impressive camera to date in the history of the iPhone.
    You don't say..

Thanks
    Thanked 19,191 Times in 4,215 Posts

Apple is always playing catch up, but would love the 8 mp camera...luckily they got a good platform cause a lot of other phones have the specs...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares? It's still a point and shoot. MP doesn't make that much of a diff. 5 is fine. How many people shoot and print A4 size iPhone prints. Let alone shoot HD movies. Really people??? Not much of a selling point for GA's or photographers that understand MP's...... Flash would be better. Hmmmm better yet...A JB App!!! :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

What does Sony have to do with Apple?
    My latest theme - -

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

BFD. There are a ton of phones already with 8mp cameras. My DroidX has one. This is more sad than anything.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Please add 1080p recording and a XENON flash, LED suck, there is literally no point in it, put in a Xenon like the Nokia N8, which actually take awesome pictures in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Apple is always playing catch up, but would love the 8 mp camera...luckily they got a good platform cause a lot of other phones have the specs...

The 5MP camera im i4 imo is the 2nd best camera phone on the market after the Nokia N8, the i4 takes better pics and videos that 8MP camera phones.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 04-02-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Maybe Apple will sue them for dropping the ball like that so they get a taste of there own medicine. It would sure teach them a lesson.
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I no care how many pixels the damn camera will have. I'm satisfied with the current camera. I'm not basing my next phone decision on how many trillions of pixels it's gonna have or how far it will zoom in on the hot chic next door that you will never get with.

My $200 Canon will take better pictures than any phone for probably at least the next 5 or 10 years. And IT fits in my pocket to.

Relax folks. The current camera beats out many other cameras with higher pixels and is more than adequate considering the amount of space Apple is working with.

If you want phenomenal pictures then you're gonna have to spend the money on a true camera.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (04-03-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Comedy View Post
    You don't say..
    Well said

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll take a 8MP camera on the back and a 5MP on the front please Regardless if this rumor is true of not the iPhone 5 will dominate!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    The 8mp upgrade only matters because iPhone 4 already takes superior photos to phones that are currently 8mp. Their camera technology combined with the mp upgrade will make for really sharp photos. Anything above 8 is pretty much trivial. Are you really going to be printing wall sized posters with your cell phone photos?
    I4 has the best quality camera of all. I agree with you.

Those that disagree, the charts and diagrams are on droidxforum.com.

MP is a trivial number and has little to do with the quality. Fstop is much more important.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb283 View Post
    I would love to have an 8 mp camera on my iPhone 5 when I get one. Seems like all of the android phones already have 8 or more mp though
    Not a big deal to me as long as the light sensor is bigger and/or better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Sony is stupid! They should just fade away...sorry Sony fans but recent lawsuits against small time kids (smart one though) and their yesteryears innovation along with the iron fist on records and blueray is getting old. Apple CEO should go on record and say something like (the next iphone app will allow paypal donations to Geohotz lawyers).

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

My gf has the evo which I believe is 8 mp and the quality of pics I take with my iphone 4 blows away hers. So as others suggested improve the front camera

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

it better be at least 8mp or they will be behind the competition even more

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to see 8mp with a good sensor on the iphone V.