+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major Corporations Turn Attention to Jailbreak Scene

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by The Man of Sand I feel exactly the same way. Apple just doesn't want anyone to have fun. They're always trying to hold you back from TRULY
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. Apple just doesn't want anyone to have fun. They're always trying to hold you back from TRULY using your iPhone or iPod Touch. But once you jailbreak, you really CAN use it.
    TMoS
    When will people realize apple patches jailbreaks not because they don't want you to have fun, but to prevent malicious things from happening

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

This is exciting in some ways, but I see a LOT of copywright and trademark threats coming from big businesses from this too. There's a lot of sports and car themes and ringtones in Cydia already. As soon as businesses come in and start developing, those user-created themes will start getting hit with cease and desist orders and infringement threats. Think about it: every ringtone made from a song you like in Cydia is a payment that artist should have received for royalties, and RIAA will soon be all over Cydia, and we REALLY don't want that. Remember LimeWire?

Thanks

I believe you are allowed to use a portion of a track without paying royalties, so ringtones are OK. Not sure how long a portion you can use though.

But you are right about themes and things - I wonder who will be first....

Is there a Sony theme?
    Last edited by confucious; 04-04-2011 at 09:01 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    Oh no he mentioned something about a program being free! That's a major sin!!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Considering the post was edited out, yes it is a major sin. There is a reason certain app names that allow you to download cracked apps are not allowed on the forum. Theft is theft; and advocating theft can be harmful to the forum and site owners. I happen to appreciate the site, so I choose not to try and get them in legal trouble by saying and advocating doing illegal activity on their site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I wouldn't own an iPhone if I couldn't jailbreak it. They are a cool device for a day or two but after that you begin to realize all the functionality Apple doesn't give you which other OS' have stock. It's sad.
    Agreed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Team Infecti0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been in the "Know" for a couple of years now, but I already knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Great to hear it, and Scion did a good job on that theme!
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------
    FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERHUGEA
    --------------------------------------Please Donate To Our Team!: http://bit.ly/qjnWXQ-------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Yep, SB is right. Anyway, most of the people that are all "OMG!!! I NEED A JAILBREAK" are just using it to get cracked apps.
    I'm sorry, I must disagree with that. There are many respectable members of the JB community, and to generalize like that shows a basic lack of knowledge. I have had four iphones myself, my wife and daughter, and my sons all have i devices. NONE of them are NOT jail broken, and NONE of them have cracked apps installed. There are bad apples everywhere, (no pun intended) but one cannot put all fruit in the same basket. Some of us need the JB for unlock so that we can continue with normal work hours in buildings where one server or another (GSM) is not available.
    Sent from my JB, Factory unlocked Q-sim having iphone
    unklbyl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    I'm sorry, I must disagree with that. There are many respectable members of the JB community, and to generalize like that shows a basic lack of knowledge. I have had four iphones myself, my wife and daughter, and my sons all have i devices. NONE of them are NOT jail broken, and NONE of them have cracked apps installed. There are bad apples everywhere, (no pun intended) but one cannot put all fruit in the same basket. Some of us need the JB for unlock so that we can continue with normal work hours in buildings where one server or another (GSM) is not available.
    Sent from my JB, Factory unlocked Q-sim having iphone
    You didn't read my post literally enough. There are actually people around here that rely on cracked apps for all their needs, and when the update stupidly, they no longer have anything to play with (really, $200+ for you iPhone and you can't afford $0.99?). People like me enjoy jailbreaks, but can easily live without them. You on the otherhand, need the JB for the unlock. Sorry if I offended you, but if you read what I said literally, then you would understand.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

unklbyl (04-04-2011)

Thanks

No offense taken. Thank you for contributing to the mmi community.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Welp... That lasted long!

Thanks

That is what happens when two adults COmmunicate. Quick, and to the point. Now back to the thread. Is Playboy an industrial giant that might be intrested in this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Yep, SB is right. Anyway, most of the people that are all "OMG!!! I NEED A JAILBREAK" are just using it to get cracked apps.
    I missed this,

( my opinion of course) But when some people are wrong they are really wrong.

Without JB how can I use
    Iblacklist Or the themes I bought from Cydia and Theme it?

Without JB how can I use the tweaks like Backgrounder?

Sb tools?

I estimate 2.5 million JB ( based on possible 41 million IPhone users worldwide) http://www.numberof.net/number-of-iphones-sold-2/

So 2.5 million ( possible 4 to 8 million if 10% or more jb?) are stealing apps? Wow I doubt it.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    ...So 2.5 million are stealing apps? Wow I doubt it.
    Agreed 100%. A few steal, a few more try, but most of them end up really screwing up their iDevide. Their baby becomes unstable and barely useable. See it all the time with the emergency 'calls for help'.

There is value in the authorized Cydia app process. While nothing is perfect, as least getting an app from a known dev and a known repo attempts to limit problems. It's really the old wild-wild west on cracked app sites. Stealer beware!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post

I estimate 2.5 million JB ( based on possible 41 million IPhone users worldwide) Number Of iPhones Sold | Number Of | How Many

So 2.5 million ( possible 4 to 8 million if 10% or more jb?) are stealing apps? Wow I doubt it.
    4.5 Million unique devices have logged on to cydia in the past week.

Estimates for total number of JB devices are in the 8 - 12 Million range.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    4.5 Million unique devices have logged on to cydia in the past week.

Estimates for total number of JB devices are in the 8 - 12 Million range.
    So to think that "most" of the 10 million or so JB are only doing it to steal is well, absurbd

Time to drop this crap and realize people are doing it for legit reasons

Thanks

Sometimes you do wonder.
    When I mentioned I'd bought an app to someone at work he said that his son could Jailbreak it for me then I'd never have to pay for an app again.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont jailbreak to steal apps. I do it for the customizations for my IDevice. I only use removed to try the apps and if i like it, i buy it from the app store. I use removed as a trial app store. I have literally paid for hundreds of dollars worth of apps. $25 for ITeleport for example only to find a cheaper better product later, logmein. All my games are paid for and i would never use a tweak that has been hacked. Like from places like removed, thats just asking for trouble with ur device.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Please dont mention the names of those apps on MMi,
    Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Sometimes you do wonder.
    When I mentioned I'd bought an app to someone at work he said that his son could Jailbreak it for me then I'd never have to pay for an app again.....
    WOW did they know they were talking about Stealing?

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I commend them for their effort. Too bad they didn't stick with it.