Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Delay in iPhone 5 Release May Have Something to Do With LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Y'all really need to do some research on Sprint's 4G WIMAX, Verizon's LTE, and AT&T's LTE networks. Real world tests don't show much speed increase if any over a high quality 3G network. T-Mobile is touting their network as 4G and AT&T is touting their HSPA+ network as 4G based on technicalities. The Atrix 4G on AT&T's LTE network is a huge fail when is came to actual data speeds. It's all marketing crap and the fact that most everyone here is begging for LTE without doing a shred of research of when it will be available in your market or how well it even works means that the marketing gimmicks are working.
    Would you care to direct those of us who haven't researched the so-called "4G" networks to some informative links that you have found worthy?
    I'm surprised there haven't been any false advertisement suits against these carriers if it's not truly 4G.
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a good one that shows T-Mobile's "4G" (actually 3G) network beating out Sprint's 4G WIMAX network.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/04...t-mobile-hspa/

Documented 4G phones slower than 3G phones on AT&T's network.
    http://moconews.net/article/419-desp...hort-on-speed/
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (03-29-2011)

I think the new phone is gonna be called iPhone 4G, i think its gonna be the same thing they did with the 3G and the 3GS, no cosmetic changes just the inside, iPhone 5 wont come until next year with a bigger screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice picture of iPhone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    why would Apple deploy an LTE phone as soon as 4G is rolled out. Apple always waits a year or two.
    What I mean is it's unlike them to implement the technology as soon as it's released
    Ummm, Thunderbolt?

The iPad 2 should have been 4g

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    The iPad 2 should have been 4g

Do you think before you type? Or even read the posts before yours?

Unless you live in New York or LA, there is no need for a 4G device.

Its just adding more needless crap inside the device jacking the price up and draining the battery more.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Ummm, Thunderbolt?
    Thunderbolt implementation in the new MacBooks is completely different. Its more like their use of FireWire ports. Looking at their history with computers, they like to have weird ports, and try to be trendsetters with their ports. They killed the floppy disk on Macs before they were obsolete and have use less common ports for video output like DVI, and DisplayPort. If you tell tech people about those ports they are aware that they won't have many compatible accessories but will be excited anyways. Average people won't know what they are and will be happy to just have their USB ports.

But if you put a 4G radio in the new iPhone, even if it is backwards compatible with 3G networks, tech people will be excited and know it will be spotty coverage. Average people will get really excited and not realize that they will not actually be getting 4G speeds and will be upset and frustrated with Apple that their product didn't work like it was supposed to, and Apple will lose those people

In short, that is bull. Apple is known for it's innovation, but rolling out an iPhone on this new "4G" that isn't even fully rolled out yet isn't innovation. It's being ridiculous. Come on Apple! Get it straight! If you want money, don't put in 4G! Put in what really matters! (Cloud Storage)

Well, I'm on 5g so ya'll need to step up your game. Wha, wha????

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    So your saying the 3GS is greater than the iPhone 4???? I think you meant 3GS
    Dude no he doesnt its just suposed 2 b an arrow chill

Quote Originally Posted by hacka View Post
    In short, that is bull. Apple is known for it's innovation, but rolling out an iPhone on this new "4G" that isn't even fully rolled out yet isn't innovation. It's being ridiculous. Come on Apple! Get it straight! If you want money, don't put in 4G! Put in what really matters! (Cloud Storage)
    first of all the whole cloud storage thing is rediculus and probly the most hackable unsicure thing there is an second of all they already have that its called the iphone nano
    Last edited by Maxer95; 03-29-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

maybe they are going to wait and release a gsm and cdma iphone5 at the same time? i mean if i was on verizon and just bought a ip4, it would kind of piss me off that there is a new gsm version and not one for cdma. i just hope it wont take until summer of 2012, my at&t contract is up in Oct....(fingers crossed)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still standing by prediction that the iPhone 5 will be in stores between June 19-29.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

be glad they didn't. The battery would have sucked more and would have been slow. Just like the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by whodatfan View Post
    Well, I'm on 5g so ya'll need to step up your game. Wha, wha????
    Since we are jumping the gun, lets talk about them new iPad 5's with 4D screens. I mean iPad 4's 3D screen was great but compaired to 4D it's crap.

I got an iPhone 4 so I guess I am waiting until iPhone 6 with 5G or what ever is out by then.
    Last edited by McMichael96; 03-29-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    why would Apple deploy an LTE phone as soon as 4G is rolled out. Apple always waits a year or two.
    What I mean is it's unlike them to implement the technology as soon as it's released
    Didn't they implement thunderbolt the same year it came out...? Idk but LTE sounds great but like most good things theres a catch...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The iPhone 4 is not even the least bit outdated. It uses HSPA+ chips which AT&T isn't even done rolling out yet. They (AT&T) have upgraded their network from 7.2Mbps to 14.4Mbps HSPA+ over the last couple years. I think the iPhone needs an upgraded chipset to utilize 14.4Mbs instead of LTE at this point in time.
    One of the reasons for me to wait and to upgrade next year (2012).
    iPhone 4 is fast enough for now. There's no need to get iPhone 5 until AT&T is ready with its LTE technology.

On the side note: I also think this was one of Apple strategy to launch CDMA iPhone 4 early this year. Apple has already planned to postpone iPhone 5 this summer. Why making changes on the iPhone 4 if the wireless carriers are not even ready yet to provide a faster network?

So glad I ditched my 3G last year for iPhone 4 and not waiting for the white model.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides the ugly buttons visible from the front of the phone, that mock up in the pic is the sexiest phone I have ever seen.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Besides the ugly buttons visible from the front of the phone, that mock up in the pic is the sexiest phone I have ever seen.
    Ya that and the fact the side profiles basicly blank

This move wouldn't make any sense, why break the refresh cycle in order to add a feature that only America will be able to use, and even that will be limited use till 2013. The bidding or LTE network availability hasn't even begun yet in the UK.

In my opinion it will be better to wait till next year when the feature can be used to greater effect.

Hell do we even need to be up to date with all the technology?? We've had worse cameras and no flash for ages now yet we still prefer it over android and other competing OS'. what's one year without a feature that can only be utilised by a small percent of the Market?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BR0MERZ View Post
    This move wouldn't make any sense, why break the refresh cycle in order to add a feature that only America will be able to use, and even that will be limited use till 2013. The bidding or LTE network availability hasn't even begun yet in the UK.

In my opinion it will be better to wait till next year when the feature can be used to greater effect.

Hell do we even need to be up to date with all the technology?? We've had worse cameras and no flash for ages now yet we still prefer it over android and other competing OS'. what's one year without a feature that can only be utilised by a small percent of the Market?
    I agree, I was Apple I wouldn't bother putting in LTE network technology, knowing that it would not be widely available for a couple of years, then put it in to iPhone 5 4G in 2012/13 assuming the next iPhone will be called the iPhone 5.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast