+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Delay in iPhone 5 Release May Have Something to Do With LTE

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by z3r01 Apple is adding a flux capacitor on the iPhone 5 but doc still needs some things before implementation lmao...maybe Steve will get Christopher Lloyd for the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone justinpotter81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Apple is adding a flux capacitor on the iPhone 5 but doc still needs some things before implementation
    lmao...maybe Steve will get Christopher Lloyd for the presentation?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt it will have LTE support. That is why I'm going to wait for 6th generation iPhone before I upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    I highly doubt it will have LTE support. That is why I'm going to wait for 6th generation iPhone before I upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Somehow I think you're right. Why put it in this phone when you can just release it without it and with a few new features knowing sales will be through the roof.....and then release the same type of phone with 4g added the following year and further increase your sales numbers?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    So your saying the 3GS is greater than the iPhone 4???? I think you meant 3GS
    I believe his arrows mean "from this to that"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hookedonkronix For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-29-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last i heard, a while back it had been said that 4G would not be implemented on the iphone 5 (or whatever it will be called, because some ppl get upset that some of us call it the iphone 5) well anyways i knew a bunch of ppl that have the EVO and have NEVER used 4G. If you want 4g speeds and live in a 4G area then get a different phone and stop complaining that the next iphone NEEDS 4G. My brother has dsl and everytime i go to his house i connect to my iphone because its faster than his crappy DSL so im happy with the speeds. Apple will wait like they always do, why put 4g and make the phone itself laggy, id rather have them keep it at 3G with the upgraded chipset, dual core, and more ram. Heck id still but the next iphone if it had the same specs as the 4 haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Somehow I think you're right. Why put it in this phone when you can just release it without it and with a few new features knowing sales will be through the roof.....and then release the same type of phone with 4g added the following year and further increase your sales numbers?
    That sounds about right to me. I will only upgrade to the iPhone 5 if it has at least a 4 inch screen. No screen increase = no upgrade. That was the same philosophy I shared with the iPad 2 release because a screen upgrade is the only thing that's worth upgrading to. That's the biggest cost benefit increase in IMO.

I could care less about about processor, storage, ram, or camera upgrades. Just give me one of those previously mentioned along with screen upgrade and I'm sold.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonkronix View Post
    I believe his arrows mean "from this to that"
    Thank you lol. Some people interpret things a bit to literally. In the future maybe I'll use "---->"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    why would Apple deploy an LTE phone as soon as 4G is rolled out. Apple always waits a year or two.
    What I mean is it's unlike them to implement the technology as soon as it's released
    Wrong they released the new lighting technology when it came out on the refreshed Macs pros besides 4G has been out quite some time just ask Sprint.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

well if the iphone 5 will have LTE i can wait for it but if they release it in fall without LTE i will be really mad that we had to wait and it doesnt have it in there. Yea LTE is in a small handful of markets however all the newer phones are touting 4G 4G so Apple wants to be able to tout it too that way all the android people can say well i have flash i have flash and thats the only thing i have. although i would like apple to see what the EVO 3D is doing that phone is gonna be some kick *** competition if it ever leaves sprint. Just saying rather have my iPhone 5 but the EVO 3D is hardcore

Thanks

Y'all really need to do some research on Sprint's 4G WIMAX, Verizon's LTE, and AT&T's LTE networks. Real world tests don't show much speed increase if any over a high quality 3G network. T-Mobile is touting their network as 4G and AT&T is touting their HSPA+ network as 4G based on technicalities. The Atrix 4G on AT&T's LTE network is a huge fail when is came to actual data speeds. It's all marketing crap and the fact that most everyone here is begging for LTE without doing a shred of research of when it will be available in your market or how well it even works means that the marketing gimmicks are working.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

FergusonsRedArmy (03-30-2011), GellBrake'rrrr (03-29-2011), Jahooba (03-29-2011), tsatryan (03-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellarZ View Post
    Anyone else think that mocup is SEXY!?
    Oh snaps! Your avatar just reminded me how much I need to start listening to circa survive again. Anyways back on topic! LTE till 2013? Gosh damnĄ and like someone said before apple would release an LTE iPhone a year after.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 849 Posts

4G won't be available in my area for another 5 years or more, most likely. I'm still waiting for FIOs, but that seems unlikely to make it's way here for a decade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Y'all really need to do some research on Sprint's 4G WIMAX, Verizon's LTE, and AT&T's LTE networks. Real world tests don't show much speed increase if any over a high quality 3G network. T-Mobile is touting their network as 4G and AT&T is touting their HSPA+ network as 4G based on technicalities. The Atrix 4G on AT&T's LTE network is a huge fail when is came to actual data speeds. It's all marketing crap and the fact that most everyone here is begging for LTE without doing a shred of research of when it will be available in your market or how well it even works means that the marketing gimmicks are working.
    we all know its not real 4G dude we have been over that but there calling it 4G so thats what were going with that way theres no confusion of what is being talked about. My brother has his Evo on sprints 4G and he gets 7-9mbps thats 2x faster then my fastest 3G on AT&T so its more then just a minor upgrade in speed. I dont have a "4G" iPhone yet so i cant compare that with AT&T "4G"

Thanks

Darn,I was looking forward to the upgrade if it's delayed I hope it's for good reasons and not for 3d :P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why does my 3G speed fluctuate all the time? Usually the upload speed is pretty consistent....but lately the Download speed has been all over the place. I'll run a test and it will be 1400kbps or so......a few seconds later I'll run another test and it will be in the toilet at 200 or 300 kbps.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Great, a rumour on top of another rumour!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if Apple didn't make the i5 LTE capable it wouldn't really matter, 4G is going to be pretty spotty for a couple of years. So there's no rush to have it in the next device. If they do then sweet, if they don't...that's cool too.

What's Jailbreak? Educational_Geek's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, why not put it in the next iteration. If you make it backwards compatible with current network technology there's no reason not to do it.

Also, if Apple wants to keep up with all the Android phones they NEED to release another one this summer if only with the A5 Processor....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    we all know its not real 4G dude we have been over that but there calling it 4G so thats what were going with that way theres no confusion of what is being talked about. My brother has his Evo on sprints 4G and he gets 7-9mbps thats 2x faster then my fastest 3G on AT&T so its more then just a minor upgrade in speed. I dont have a "4G" iPhone yet so i cant compare that with AT&T "4G"
    Now you're comparing two completely different types of technology. Sprints 4G WIMAX isn't nearly the same as LTE. You can't compare download speeds on a network that isn't even designed for the iPhone either. The Atrix 4G on AT&T is a true 4G LTE phone and gets worse data transfer rates than the 3G network. So people who THINK they want their iPhone to be 4G capable need to realize the infrastructure isn't there yet!

Thanks

Faster speeds without unlimited data is a total joke... Google, please buy T-Mobile and show them how it's done!