+ Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 1.1 - The New And Improved

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PathKiller29 this is asking me to remove the main repos (ie ModMyi, Biggboss) should i install? "Note: installing Cydia 1.1 removes older default packages. This is normal:
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    this is asking me to remove the main repos (ie ModMyi, Biggboss) should i install?
    "Note: installing Cydia 1.1 removes older default packages. This is normal: repositories are managed differently, and will not be deleted. ;P"

Everyone getting the hash sum error:

"If you are one of a few users that got a Hash Sum Mismatch while downloading Cydia 1.1, I have worked this issue out with my CDN: try again?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

Cydia 1.1 is finally upon us and its packed with AWESOME! An update which has been discussed for months, and a topic that users have thought about almost every day. Not only are there a ton of new features bundled inside, but we also get UI updates, speed increases and an improved search function. This update adds even more functionality behind the scenes, which will allow Saurik to provide even more updates to Cydia, quicker and easier than ever before.

Saurik just announced it's release via Twitter, saying:

While I dont have an official list of new features and all the updates to the new Cydia 1.1, Ill try to cover as many as I can.

First and foremost, the new Cydia is fast! I mean REAL FAST! Seriously, this thing flies now! Web Content is now appcached which allows content to load much quicker. Even the homepage pops into place almost instantly now. Behind the scenes, Cydia continues to check for updates and even downloads them in the background, all while refreshing any new content that has been updated.

The UI has been updated slightly, in a very clean manner, which makes things seem much more fluid and snappy. The searching mechanism in Cydia has been updated to allow for faster searching, and smoother interaction with the enormous repositories.

Weve had a ton of new languages added to Cydia as well, making it even more universal than ever before. This includes Greek, Chinese, German, Dutch & Spanish languages.

This release is live and in Cydia now. Dont forget to thank Saurik for all his hard work, as well as the rest of the team. This is a ton of work they have put into this and its just the beginning of something even more AWESOME!
    My cydia never show me any update

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Problems i found already. Search isn't Alphabetised. its just a list of anything it finds matching your search, but not really in any order that i can see.
    Also BigBoss seems to be having problems since and has fetch fails.
    Everything else seems to be the same if only a few seconds faster.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

im getting encounted a section with no package header you may want to run apt-get update to correct these problem what does this mean any one now

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Got some "host unreachable" errors as well as "cache" now it is stuck on a black screen with text in the background and the "loading changes" white wheel spinning.

Wait... just be patient if this takes a long time... it will be ok

Thanx Jay!

The only thing wrong is that the Cydia icon on the main screen is blurry.... (3GS 4.1 limera1n)

I just loaded Cydia 1.1 and it has been loading for quite some time... I can navigate within Cydia and everything seems really fast... but the white spinning wheel and "Done: Packages" continually spins in the upper black portion of Cydia...

I am also getting this error: "PGP error: http://iphone.hackndev.or/apt/ not working"

Whats up?

tim

[EDIT] Killed Cydia, rebooted, and relaunched Cydia. Still has "Spinning wheel + Done: Packages + cancel button" at top in black banner.
    Last edited by klouud; 03-26-2011 at 08:10 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

looks like bigboss is messing too

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Great work, no problems when upgrading. The new search is kinda weird, the way it loads everytime you search again - seems like this makes it take longer when searching for multiple items. Everything else is very quick tho

Edit: the "start where left off" idea is nice, though I'm not sure if I like it lol. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I'd rather it loads back to the homescreen each time like it used to. It's kinda strange opening Cydia up again and being at the place where you left off, guess it'll take some time to get used to!
    Last edited by Funked; 03-26-2011 at 08:14 AM.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's awesome

Thanks

3 years later, we finally get 1.1, most apps would be at 8.5 by now
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

carlbgc (03-27-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a licence for mywi and updated it, now everytime I open cydia, it starts to load and then goes to mywi. whats up with that?

is there a way to reinstall cydia?
    Last edited by MOJO5873; 03-26-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO5873 View Post
    I bought a licence for mywi and updated it, now everytime I open cydia, it starts to load and then goes to mywi. whats up with that?
    Cydia now opens where you left off the last time it was open. So if you were on the MyWi page then closed Cydia, it'll be on the MyWi page next time you open it. Personally I don't like this feature, I think it was fine opening at the Cydia homescreen!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

i've been downloading release.gpg for about 10min now wats up?
    wtf
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 03-26-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
    im getting encounted a section with no package header you may want to run apt-get update to correct these problem what does this mean any one now
    Same here.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

is there a way to reinstall cydia?
    Are you already using Cydia 1.1?

Thanks

No, it sends me to the app itself. How do I stop it? that is where I left off, But it keeps repeating it self. I tried restarting several times.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Are you already using Cydia 1.1?
    yes
    Last edited by MOJO5873; 03-26-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

No, it sends me to the app itself. How do I stop it? that is where I left off, But it keeps repeating it self. I tried restarting several times.
    I got it, I can reproduce this too - we're working on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Cydia now opens where you left off the last time it was open. So if you were on the MyWi page then closed Cydia, it'll be on the MyWi page next time you open it. Personally I don't like this feature, I think it was fine opening at the Cydia homescreen!

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    Same here.
    same here before it got stuck on sending me to mywi

i got it to stop sending me to miwi. When it starts to load, start hitting the about button in the upper left corner and it finally goes to home screen. but still getting rerun apt update error.
    Last edited by MOJO5873; 03-26-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get the size mismatch error, anyone know y ? thank u

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
    you have something installed thats from a "unknown" source/repo you have to go into your packages and find what the install is thats reporting "unknown" and remove it then the message will be removed
    MBP 13" (Late 2011) OS X Mavericks 10.9
    iPhone 5S 32GB (Silver) iOS 7.0.3
    iPad 2 16GB iOS 7.0.3
    Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to scoop2mylue For This Useful Post:

nicoand (03-26-2011)

Thanks

worked fine for me on the first try. Will post bugs as I find them.