+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 258 of 258

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia 1.1 - The New And Improved

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can some one tell me why when I search something like if I search a theme and download it and go back to the search it loads it ?
...
  1. #241
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ipodhacker58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    can some one tell me why when I search something like if I search a theme and download it and go back to the search it loads it ?

  2. #242
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,145
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 927 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IB1GMANI View Post
    I just want to give big ups to Thazsar ...I just got my Verizon iPhone week and a half ago. I gave up my htc evo for it. So got got the new iPhone 4 and join this site and ask for help with what can I get after I jailbreak and Thazsar jump right on it and told me what to get and how to get and now my iPhone 4 is just incredible I can do anything now with it its the best phone by far. Way better than my htc evo. I'll never buy another phone other than apple iPhones . iPhone 4 jailbroke is a beast. So I want to thank modmy I which is the best mobile website out there. So thank u modmyi and thank you Thazsar... I'm loving my iPhone 4
    Welcome bro!

  3. #243
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly area.
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts

    OMG!!! I think I just saw a banner ad in Cydia for Lady GaGa. How can this be?

  4. #244
    Livin the iPhone Life eddietah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ````
    Posts
    1,298
    Thanks
    615
    Thanked 319 Times in 222 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO5873 View Post
    OMG!!! I think I just saw a banner ad in Cydia for Lady GaGa. How can this be?
    April Fool Joke

  5. #245
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipodhacker58 View Post
    can some one tell me why when I search something like if I search a theme and download it and go back to the search it loads it ?
    The creator of themes will usually try to keep them up to date with new features changing icons and images to better suit the theme if u want it to stop simply go to categories and click edit(or whatever in the top right the top right the button) and turn the section OFF now it wont try to load it and everything in there is now unsearchable unupdateable and faster refreshing for cydia, u can turn it back on later and everything will be restored, if u have a download in that section an u turn it off u will keep the current download all your doing is turning off updates from that category

  6. #246
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I believe my issue is related to Cydia 1.1.
    I have a JailBroken iPhone4 running iOS 4.2.1. I do NOT have any themes or skins or any such software installed.

    Recently, after upgrading cydia to 1.1, I have started having a very very bizzare (for my limited knowledge atleast) issue:
    - when I connect my iPhone to my PC, it does NOT vibrate, the battery does not show that it's charging (although it is) and my PC sees and communicates with iPhone perfectly fine. I can even sync it with iTunes.
    - Even when I connect my iPhone to the wall charger, it does NOT vibrate, does not show it's charging, does not even show the big battery icon on wallpaper, does not show the lightning symbol in status bar, BUT is indeed being charged.

    I got so frustrated with this issue, that I re-jail broke my phone with the "cooked" firmware from sn0wbreeze that I had used earlier. Flashing went fine and upon restoring from the previous backup, I still had the same issue. grrrr.

    I have bought springtomize, and selected "always show battery status on wallpaper" but even that didnt fix anything

    I have researched onto this matter, but looks like I'm the only one with this issue. Could you guys please help me out?

    Thanks a lot!

  7. #247
    iPhoneaholic spazturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tantanmay View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I believe my issue is related to Cydia 1.1.
    I have a JailBroken iPhone4 running iOS 4.2.1. I do NOT have any themes or skins or any such software installed.

    Recently, after upgrading cydia to 1.1, I have started having a very very bizzare (for my limited knowledge atleast) issue:
    - when I connect my iPhone to my PC, it does NOT vibrate, the battery does not show that it's charging (although it is) and my PC sees and communicates with iPhone perfectly fine. I can even sync it with iTunes.
    - Even when I connect my iPhone to the wall charger, it does NOT vibrate, does not show it's charging, does not even show the big battery icon on wallpaper, does not show the lightning symbol in status bar, BUT is indeed being charged.

    I got so frustrated with this issue, that I re-jail broke my phone with the "cooked" firmware from sn0wbreeze that I had used earlier. Flashing went fine and upon restoring from the previous backup, I still had the same issue. grrrr.

    I have bought springtomize, and selected "always show battery status on wallpaper" but even that didnt fix anything

    I have researched onto this matter, but looks like I'm the only one with this issue. Could you guys please help me out?

    Thanks a lot!
    Restore to stock (4.3.1) by click restore and then download the LATEST redsn0w and jailbreak it.

  8. #248
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Please pardon me, but wouldn't that, in theory be the same as restoring to a cooked firmware and then jailbreaking it and eventually iTunes will restore from a backup?

    I guess Wht I'm trying to say, is that the backup itself has messed up files? See Wht I'm trying to say?

    Thanks again!

  9. #249
    iPhoneaholic spazturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

    It could be the backup, but as you are on 4.2.1 and 4.3.1 is the latest that can be jailbroken for you device you might as well upgrade (restore to the new version) and see if the problem is gone. If it is still there then restore againg and setup it up as a new device.

  10. #250
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi
    Keep getting this error( GPG error :http://repo666. ultrasn0w.com./release: The following signatures were invalid:NODATA1 NODATA2) since cydia 1.1 update? Any one Any idea what it is and how to stop it.
    Thanks

  11. #251
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,145
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 927 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by numanoid44 View Post
    Hi
    Keep getting this error( GPG error :http://repo666. ultrasn0w.com./release: The following signatures were invalid:NODATA1 NODATA2) since cydia 1.1 update? Any one Any idea what it is and how to stop it.
    Thanks
    Obviously ultrasn0w related but don't know why ur getting it. Use MobileTerminal and (after u login) type: apt-get update

    See if that clears it.

  12. #252
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Downloaded mobile terminal but it won't open??

  13. #253
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,145
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 927 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by numanoid44 View Post
    Downloaded mobile terminal but it won't open??
    The MobileTerminal from Cydia won't work. Google 'MobileTerminal iOS4' to get the repo for downloading it.

  14. #254
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,145
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 927 Posts

    After you get MobileTerminal iOS4, here are the steps:

    Type: su

    Password: alpine
    *while typing 'alpine' you will not see the cursor move.

    Type: apt-get update

  15. #255
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi guys.i am new at cydia.im using iphone 3gs ios4.0.1.when i opened the cydia just now,there was a pop out saying that i shud either do essential upgrade,complete upgrade ,or just ignore wit the msgs.so i chose complete upgrade.at first everything installed smoothly.after that during installing ultrasnow,the progress has stop until now.and suddenly i have no phone service.help?is this a normal thing?shud i wait for the installation to complete or shud i just turn my ifon off?btw,the ifon has only 6% battery life left..help..asap!!

  16. #256
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Restore to stock (4.3.1) by click restore and then download the LATEST redsn0w and jailbreak it.
    Might want to find out if an unlock is important to him before you have him do a factory restore.

  17. #257
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,310
    Thanks
    41,299
    Thanked 17,430 Times in 6,368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Username...basically
    su means SuperUser or Administrator to you windows people

  18. #258
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Way to Rez a 3 month old post

    Let's stop now please don't respond

+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts