+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 1.1 - The New And Improved

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can some one tell me why when I search something like if I search a theme and download it and go back to the search it loads it ?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ipodhacker58's Avatar
    Thanks

can some one tell me why when I search something like if I search a theme and download it and go back to the search it loads it ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IB1GMANI View Post
    I just want to give big ups to Thazsar ...I just got my Verizon iPhone week and a half ago. I gave up my htc evo for it. So got got the new iPhone 4 and join this site and ask for help with what can I get after I jailbreak and Thazsar jump right on it and told me what to get and how to get and now my iPhone 4 is just incredible I can do anything now with it its the best phone by far. Way better than my htc evo. I'll never buy another phone other than apple iPhones . iPhone 4 jailbroke is a beast. So I want to thank modmy I which is the best mobile website out there. So thank u modmyi and thank you Thazsar... I'm loving my iPhone 4
    Welcome bro!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG!!! I think I just saw a banner ad in Cydia for Lady GaGa. How can this be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO5873 View Post
    OMG!!! I think I just saw a banner ad in Cydia for Lady GaGa. How can this be?
    April Fool Joke

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodhacker58 View Post
    The creator of themes will usually try to keep them up to date with new features changing icons and images to better suit the theme if u want it to stop simply go to categories and click edit(or whatever in the top right the top right the button) and turn the section OFF now it wont try to load it and everything in there is now unsearchable unupdateable and faster refreshing for cydia, u can turn it back on later and everything will be restored, if u have a download in that section an u turn it off u will keep the current download all your doing is turning off updates from that category

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I believe my issue is related to Cydia 1.1.
    I have a JailBroken iPhone4 running iOS 4.2.1. I do NOT have any themes or skins or any such software installed.

Recently, after upgrading cydia to 1.1, I have started having a very very bizzare (for my limited knowledge atleast) issue:
    - when I connect my iPhone to my PC, it does NOT vibrate, the battery does not show that it's charging (although it is) and my PC sees and communicates with iPhone perfectly fine. I can even sync it with iTunes.
    - Even when I connect my iPhone to the wall charger, it does NOT vibrate, does not show it's charging, does not even show the big battery icon on wallpaper, does not show the lightning symbol in status bar, BUT is indeed being charged.

I got so frustrated with this issue, that I re-jail broke my phone with the "cooked" firmware from sn0wbreeze that I had used earlier. Flashing went fine and upon restoring from the previous backup, I still had the same issue. grrrr.

I have bought springtomize, and selected "always show battery status on wallpaper" but even that didnt fix anything

I have researched onto this matter, but looks like I'm the only one with this issue. Could you guys please help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tantanmay View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I believe my issue is related to Cydia 1.1.
    I have a JailBroken iPhone4 running iOS 4.2.1. I do NOT have any themes or skins or any such software installed.

Recently, after upgrading cydia to 1.1, I have started having a very very bizzare (for my limited knowledge atleast) issue:
    - when I connect my iPhone to my PC, it does NOT vibrate, the battery does not show that it's charging (although it is) and my PC sees and communicates with iPhone perfectly fine. I can even sync it with iTunes.
    - Even when I connect my iPhone to the wall charger, it does NOT vibrate, does not show it's charging, does not even show the big battery icon on wallpaper, does not show the lightning symbol in status bar, BUT is indeed being charged.

I got so frustrated with this issue, that I re-jail broke my phone with the "cooked" firmware from sn0wbreeze that I had used earlier. Flashing went fine and upon restoring from the previous backup, I still had the same issue. grrrr.

I have bought springtomize, and selected "always show battery status on wallpaper" but even that didnt fix anything

I have researched onto this matter, but looks like I'm the only one with this issue. Could you guys please help me out?

Thanks a lot!
    Restore to stock (4.3.1) by click restore and then download the LATEST redsn0w and jailbreak it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Please pardon me, but wouldn't that, in theory be the same as restoring to a cooked firmware and then jailbreaking it and eventually iTunes will restore from a backup?

I guess Wht I'm trying to say, is that the backup itself has messed up files? See Wht I'm trying to say?

Thanks again!

Thanks

It could be the backup, but as you are on 4.2.1 and 4.3.1 is the latest that can be jailbroken for you device you might as well upgrade (restore to the new version) and see if the problem is gone. If it is still there then restore againg and setup it up as a new device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    Keep getting this error( GPG error :http://repo666. ultrasn0w.com./release: The following signatures were invalid:NODATA1 NODATA2) since cydia 1.1 update? Any one Any idea what it is and how to stop it.
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by numanoid44 View Post
    Hi
    Keep getting this error( GPG error :http://repo666. ultrasn0w.com./release: The following signatures were invalid:NODATA1 NODATA2) since cydia 1.1 update? Any one Any idea what it is and how to stop it.
    Thanks
    Obviously ultrasn0w related but don't know why ur getting it. Use MobileTerminal and (after u login) type: apt-get update

See if that clears it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Downloaded mobile terminal but it won't open??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by numanoid44 View Post
    Downloaded mobile terminal but it won't open??
    The MobileTerminal from Cydia won't work. Google 'MobileTerminal iOS4' to get the repo for downloading it.

Thanks

After you get MobileTerminal iOS4, here are the steps:

Type: su

Password: alpine
    *while typing 'alpine' you will not see the cursor move.

Type: apt-get update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys.i am new at cydia.im using iphone 3gs ios4.0.1.when i opened the cydia just now,there was a pop out saying that i shud either do essential upgrade,complete upgrade ,or just ignore wit the msgs.so i chose complete upgrade.at first everything installed smoothly.after that during installing ultrasnow,the progress has stop until now.and suddenly i have no phone service.help?is this a normal thing?shud i wait for the installation to complete or shud i just turn my ifon off?btw,the ifon has only 6% battery life left..help..asap!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Restore to stock (4.3.1) by click restore and then download the LATEST redsn0w and jailbreak it.
    Might want to find out if an unlock is important to him before you have him do a factory restore.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,430 Times in 6,368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Username...basically
    su means SuperUser or Administrator to you windows people

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Way to Rez a 3 month old post

Let's stop now please don't respond

+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213