+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CocoaNuts Releases Celeste Bluetooth File Transfer App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Still cannot get it to work! I have Celeste enabled on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 (running 4.2.1 on both). The two devices can see eachother when I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Still cannot get it to work!
    I have Celeste enabled on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 (running 4.2.1 on both).

The two devices can see eachother when I go to transfer a file.

But it hangs at "Connecting" I tried numerous file types, but they're all stuck. I've reinstalled Celeste on both devices, Respring, Reboot, nothing's working.

The only thing I could be thinking that might be effecting it is MyWi On Demand. I won't uninstall that, but I turned that off hoping it would fix Celeste.

Nope.

Can't forget to mention when Celeste is installed, it completely @$%^@s up MyWi On Demand? Is that normal?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Volerikan For This Useful Post:

Smirnyi (03-24-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

weird...i cant send photos or songs to my Blackberry torch and my iphone 3gs (ios 4.1)...but i can received songs from my Blackberry torch....what happened?

Thanks

Wow, it seems like every other post from someone who downloaded this app and tried it out are having problems from not transfering files to crashing the springboard. I think I too will wait for a more reliable update before getting this app.

Seems CocoaNuts was a little trigger happy in releasing this.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    how come i don't see it on Cydia?? it's it i'm on iOS 4.1??

Thanks

Bought it and every time i try to call someone my phone resprings into safe mode. Plus wont send anything. Sticks at connecting. Seems totally useless as of now. Hopefully an update will be coming soon

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bren132409 View Post
    That's awesome! Not entirely sure I'd use it much, seeing as I don't know anyone with a jailbroken device. But still neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr9412 View Post
    I'll just assume both devices must be jailbroken, have the app, and maybe running the same firmware?
    This works with any Bluetooth device with file transfer capabilities. Macs, PCs, Nokias, Motorolas.... the list goes on and on.

Just throw my two cents in - 4.2.1 iPhone 4, working fine for both receiving and sending. Great to see!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

My biggest tizzy with this tweak is the inability to pair my phone to my Bluetooth stereo. I use this ALL the time. I would really like a proper guide or forum to go to, where I can get answers and help. I'm no idiot but when an app states it works with Dropbox, it should either work like everything else, or have some kind of help option to explain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone grmiller's Avatar
    Thanks

You cant install action menu on 4.3 with any device until they update it for 4.3.
    IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 909 Posts

I managed to send 1pic then nothing,was really looking forward to this working but nothing seems to work,hopefully they sort it out as I would be peed of having to pay for something that dosent work properly but gotta to give a bit of time for them to sort bugs out

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

So this is the future of iBluetooth, awesome. Can't wait till it gets cracked
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    So this is the future of iBluetooth, awesome. Can't wait till it gets cracked
    hahaha!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Too little too late. I used bluetooth transfer for the first time two weeks ago on my DroidX because my dad wanted to keep one of the pictures on his old Razr. Its such a pain to get paired quickly if you are just planning on sending one thing to someone real fast. E-mail is much faster. Dropbox works better for sending files to yourself too. Then again, Apple is so locked down, file storage/exchange is limited to the max anyways.

Thanks

Default yes i agree
    Yes i Agree, make it work for 4.1 aswell , you would think the developers would have sorted this as people getting confuse as some think it will work on any ios 4 !!!! come on 4.1 please

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Meh....

I'll pass

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wirral59 View Post
    How do I get a refund?
    yeah id like a refund too...

$7.99 for a crashing springboard is NOT what i had in mind...neither is it what i paid for!!

this is ridiculous!!!!

at least warn people or include instructions or something....such nonsense this is!!!

id REALLY very seriously like a refund....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to damien6 For This Useful Post:

wirral59 (03-24-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Cocoa Nuts

How you going to release to the public a buggy app for 8 bucks? It doesn't work properly man, where's the quality control? There's not even any settings for this, just a status bar double-tap for Sbsettings that only works when a transfer is running.

Come correct or give us all an option to refund our money please. This is like paying for a meal you've waited so long for and when you get it, it's cold and isn't what you ordered.

I thought the Cydia installtion would be a smooth process... After going through the whole Action menu crap, finally got it installed. Can send no problem but can't receive.

Attention ppl:
    If youre using a cracked version, it won't work. If you're not on 4.2.1 it won't work. I remember reading something about iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4 all having different bluetooth chips so I think it would be safe to assume it only works on iPhone 4's right now but I could be wrong. I remember I tried using iBluenova and other bluetooth apps and none of them worked. I believe thats because they were meant for the other device models
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Hey Cocoa Nuts

How you going to release to the public a buggy app for 8 bucks? It doesn't work properly man, where's the quality control? There's not even any settings for this, just a status bar double-tap for Sbsettings that only works when a transfer is running.

Come correct or give us all an option to refund our money please. This is like paying for a meal you've waited so long for and when you get it, it's cold and isn't what you ordered.

I thought the Cydia installtion would be a smooth process... After going through the whole Action menu crap, finally got it installed. Can send no problem but can't receive.

Attention ppl:
    If youre using a cracked version, it won't work. If you're not on 4.2.1 it won't work. I remember reading something about iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4 all having different bluetooth chips so I think it would be safe to assume it only works on iPhone 4's right now but I could be wrong. I remember I tried using iBluenova and other bluetooth apps and none of them worked. I believe thats because they were meant for the other device models
    I agree. This should have been tested further before being hosted. Almost everyone has issues with it. I have alot of faith in cydia (maybe too much) so when I throw my money around, I expect the app to work. There should be an option for a refund or least release an update that'll fix the issues.

Thanks

I can't see it in cydia either, have updated changes page. Is there a source I need to add?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is There any ways to send over Cydia apps with this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried reinstalling, hard resets etc, not bloody working , I want my money back !! After all the hype 'mr coconuts' stirred up I would expect it to work well, had better results with a crappy old HP laptop than my MacBook Pro, thats worrying !!
    I mean what the hell did they test the software on- an iPod Shuffle ??

+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast