+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Combat Jailbreaking with iOS 4.3.1 Update, Says BGR

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A slight iOS "tweak" is expected to be rolled out from Apple within the next two weeks, says a new report from BGR. iOS 4.3.1 for the iPhone and iPad
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple to Combat Jailbreaking with iOS 4.3.1 Update, Says BGR

A slight iOS "tweak" is expected to be rolled out from Apple within the next two weeks, says a new report from BGR. iOS 4.3.1 for the iPhone and iPad could be available around the 1st of April. The update will supposedly address minor bugs and security holes. The "minor bug fixes," however, allude to a fix that would patch a vulnerability that enabled the freshly unveiled iPad 2 to be jailbroken so quickly after its release just ten short days ago.

Also on tap for iOS 4.3.1 are:
    • Baseband updates for the 3GS and 1st generation iPad
    • Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
    • Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
    • Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recognizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
    Few other details about the rumored iOS update are known, particularly with regard to Apple possibly bringing its updated OS to Verizon iPhone's 4. Only weeks old itself, iOS 4.3 serves up a host of improvements, ranging from more secure in-app purchase controls and beefed-up Safari Web browser, to personal hotspots for tethering a 3G data connection over Wi-Fi and support for AirPlay in third-party apps. Such a prompt update to 4.3.1 likely suggests a knee-jerk reaction on the part of Apple to patch the vulnerabilities that continue to be exploited for jailbreaking purposes.

Source: BGR

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (03-22-2011), goodred2 (03-22-2011), reaves205 (03-22-2011)

Thanks

Lame

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bobburns1 For This Useful Post:

chillihound (03-21-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    How can they fix the exploits when they haven't even been released to the public yet. As far as I know the only people who know the exploits are comex and ionic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gr0undBreak1ng's Avatar
    Thanks

And the PwnDevTeam my team we have a DFU exploit. I have proof of it by the way.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr0undBreak1ng For This Useful Post:

Tfost (03-21-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

So i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm assuming this means they are going to hold off on releasing the jailbreak until 4.3.1 is released now?

I understand it's important to hold to as many exploits as possible, but any further waiting and we will see iOS 5 with the new iPhone 5. Might as well release it already. Just my 2 cents.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

bugatti_fan (03-24-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    How can they fix the exploits when they haven't even been released to the public yet. As far as I know the only people who know the exploits are comex and ionic.
    Apple may have found the same exploits or different exploits. Just because the exploits haven't been released to the public doesn't mean Apple can't find them

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    So i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm assuming this means they are going to hold off on releasing the jailbreak until 4.3.1 is released now?

I understand it's important to hold to as many exploits as possible, but any further waiting and we will see iOS 5 with the new iPhone 5. Might as well release it already. Just my 2 cents.
    Waiting really gets us nowhere. All Apple have to do (and kinda have been doing) is leaking rumors of a new update to iOS and it stalls the jailbreaks again.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 03-21-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

seyss (03-21-2011)

Thanks

So how is this really news? We go through this every time a new iOS F.W. is on the verge of being released. I understand that iOS 4.3 tools have not been released yet, but this is just the latest version of the "Cat-&-Mouse" game we are all used to.

All I really care about at this time is 1) if/when the i5 is coming and 2) how long will it take for ME, not the dev teams but ME, to JB it once I have one. I have decided to put all my eggs in the i5 basket instead of getting an i4 since my contract just expired two weeks ago.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninthchamber99 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-21-2011), tigersball (03-21-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Comex tweeted that he heard someone has a bootrom exploit. If that's true then crApple won't be able to patch it.

Thanks

This had better be the last 4.x release. 5.0 drops in June/July. Stop mucking with the firmware already. Nothing to see here, let's move on Apple.
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes but they would be able to make it tethered by patching IOS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think ios will ever become unjailbreakable? That would be scary i wouldnt buy ios devices anymore

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iphonogasm For This Useful Post:

pickeledpeter (03-21-2011), samurai_vara (03-21-2011), seyss (03-21-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
    Do you think ios will ever become unjailbreakable? That would be scary i wouldnt buy ios devices anymore
    If history tells us anything, it's that everything is hackable so I'd be confident that iOS will be jailbreakable in some form or another for the foreseeable future

Thanks

Apple, stop messing around with OUR system. WTF, stop bullying people around.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphonogasm View Post
    No there is always going to be some sort of hole. Its almost impossible to have a complete unpatchable system.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn. we need a stable untethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 on ALL idevices, and an unlock, and we'll be set and worry free for a while. without having to update and go through betas and downgrade....all the time.

Thanks

Interesting but this is OLD NEWS...it happens every time firmware is updated! Apple always tries to stop the jailbreaking and he jailbreak community always finds a way around the brick wall that Apple tries to build. Yawns...if they ever come out with unbreakable firmware, i'm switching from iOS to something that entitles the user to exercise his/her freedoms...we shall see what happens :]

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

dtox2008 (03-21-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    No there is always going to be some sort of hole. Its almost impossible to have a complete unpatchable system.
    True, if there is a high demand for jail breaking there will always be a way.

Thanks

why is apple like this...
    surely that the more people that jailbreak is more freedom for us which means people will buy it not being funny but if iphone 5 isnt jailbreakable im not buying it... i like all of my apps mywi - bitesms - themes springboard....
    Apple if you want us to stop jailbreaking then let us have the freedom.... if you patch it then u will see no one will buy iphones not being funny they are not the best phones for signal...

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

This is only a big deal to people who accidentally update via iTunes. I have been jailbroken since my iPhone 3G and haven't updated via iTunes without a jailbreak in a couple years so if u know the routine u should be ok no matter what minor update apple releases. 4.3 in itself is a minor update cause a lot of us use MyWi already so dont need the personal hotspot feature update.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nobody panic. I've got it. I've got the perfect solution for this. Don't upgrade.

I'll bet the majority of these *fixes* don't exist it's a scare tactic to trick you into upgrading. Since when did jailbreaking become a "bug"? It's Apples way of lashing out for not being able to maintain complete control of their device. And after losing the ruling that deemed jailbreaking legal....this is one of the few ways they can retaliate.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast