Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Combat Jailbreaking with iOS 4.3.1 Update, Says BGR

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    How can they fix the exploits when they haven't even been released to the public yet. As far as I know the only people who know the exploits are comex and ionic.
    Charlie Miller found a safari exploit at Pwn2Own and handed it over to apple.

Hopefully 4.3 jailbreak comes out soon for iPad 2, can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    So how is this really news? We go through this every time a new iOS F.W. is on the verge of being released. I understand that iOS 4.3 tools have not been released yet, but this is just the latest version of the "Cat-&-Mouse" game we are all used to.
    I'd also like to know how this is any different from the two dozen other times this has been announced. Is there a difference here? Is this the end of jailbreaking as we know it, as alluded to by the title of this article?

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Nobody panic. I've got it. I've got the perfect solution for this. Don't upgrade.

I'll bet the majority of these *fixes* don't exist it's a scare tactic to trick you into upgrading. Since when did jailbreaking become a "bug"? It's Apples way of lashing out for not being able to maintain complete control of their device. And after losing the ruling that deemed jailbreaking legal....this is one of the few ways they can retaliate.
    The people that are most affected by this are those that purchased a device running iOS 4.3. The announcement of this update can delay the release of a jailbreak, so it's of some concern to them.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-21-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't see the iPhone popularity without a jailbreak. It goes hand in hand. I've been jb'n my iPhones since they first came out. I don't see it any other way! ...now if you can only release the iPad 2 jb, I'll be set.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm completely new to this. Never JB but I have decided to take the plunge.

I can't wait for a 4.3 JB to come out! I need to see what it is all about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    I don't see the iPhone popularity without a jailbreak. It goes hand in hand. I've been jb'n my iPhones since they first came out. I don't see it any other way! ...now if you can only release the iPad 2 jb, I'll be set.

you honestly think jailbreaking is what makes iPhones popular?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (03-24-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

On another subject. Can anyone tell me if I can downgrade to 4.2.1 so I can JB. I have never done it before so I have no saved files. I'm running 4.3 obviously lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Markdooler View Post
    On another subject. Can anyone tell me if I can downgrade to 4.2.1 so I can JB. I have never done it before so I have no saved files. I'm running 4.3 obviously lol.

only if you saved your shsh blobs. there are other sub forums for this. go search it. I will too, I had a coworker update to 4.3, I was able to downgrade to 4.1, but for some reason, I can't upgrade to 4.2.1.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

O right cheers. I have never saved shsh blob so I guess I'm screwed lol.

This isnt a big deal, Apple can never stop jailbreaking and why would they want to. jailbreaking in some cases gets people to use iDevices
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    you honestly think jailbreaking is what makes iPhones popular?
    ...well not so much popular, as much as it adds more bells and whistles...

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Der... Uh... So it's ok to upgrade, right? I won't lose my Britney ringtones? And who you callin a blob???!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

The people that are most affected by this are those that purchased a device running iOS 4.3. The announcement of this update can delay the release of a jailbreak, so it's of some concern to them.
    A delayed jailbreak is nothing to freak out about. I had to wait for Greenpoison and I managed to live through it. I'm sure these people will be fine. It's just something that comes with owning an iDevice. They should be well aware that Apple is constantly being a baby and combating jailbreaks so it's all a matter of purchasing the phone at the right time or dealing with the wait for a jailbreak release.

There will. If you guys wake up tomorrow you'd be suprised!
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

I'm completely new to this. Never JB but I have decided to take the plunge.

I can't wait for a 4.3 JB to come out! I need to see what it is all about!!!

Oh it's the most beautiful thing ever! U can do what u want to your phone!! U can be as fleas as to just set a theme or be dirty and change your whole interface with quick replies to messages and different os and also the billions of tweaks to make your phone a lot better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaypcool View Post
    Oh it's the most beautiful thing ever! U can do what u want to your phone!! U can be as fleas as to just set a theme or be dirty and change your whole interface with quick replies to messages and different os and also the billions of tweaks to make your phone a lot better!!!
    To think that you could jailbreak tomorrow via ac1dra1n
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    To think that you could jailbreak tomorrow via ac1dra1n
    So is there going to be one out tomorrow?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaypcool View Post
    well that's just made me more impatient!!!!!

So is there going to be one out tomorrow?

Once my DevTeam gets hfsplus we're done with our jailbreak. We will release it tomorrow @PwnDevTeam. No joke its semi-tethered.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

dude, I'm done waiting. I'm about to sell my iphone 4 and just get a i5...I've waited since september for an unlock.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast