Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Customers May Be Left Waiting a Year for The iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    It will be nicer to have a better signal where T-Mo was good at. No problems with AT&T just pay your bill on time and no issues
    agreed! I pay my bill on time every month and never go over my plan... I pay the same amount every month!

Default LTE anyone?
    I think a lot of people are missing the point... ok, so there will be one big GSM company, competition will continue to exist between Verizon, ATT+Tmobile, and Sprint. however, thats not even the point... who cares if there will be one GSM provider... Everyone has already announced they are going LTE...

So now you will have Verizon with LTE vs. ATT with LTE... The big reason i think ATT is interested in Tmobile is because now they will gain additional spectrum that they couldn't have acquired otherwise... there will no longer be spectrum contention in highly dense areas, they can now share and properly spread out the signal...

Not only that, they now also gain those subscribers and the additional recurring revenue from those contracts.

Why is everyone saying there will be a monopoly? Maybe a monopoly in GSM providers, but surely not Wireless providers... plus like i said, LTE is where the future is!

Hehe, I'm glad people finally pointed out that one GSM vendor is not a monopoly. That is like saying Apple has a monopoly with iPhones since no other company makes them.

Sprint never really had competition. It was a reliable carrier/provider. T-Mobile and Sprint had a secret rivalry that wasn't in ads. Only VZ and ATT had major rivalry.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

sprint wasn't competition at first. 8 years ago or so they were probably the least favored mobile network out of all the available options. horrible customer service, hidden fees and expensive plans.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All this complaining about at&t is crazy. I have had both carriers and at&t is just as good as T-mobile. AT&T has always given me great customer service and has given me credits when they mess something up. I'm in SoCal and have never had any issues with dropped calls or no bars with either carrier. If T-mobile was so much more "awesome" that at&t then T-mobile would have 94 million customers like at&t instead of 33.7 million. If anything at&t has much better coverage than T-mobile. I think most people ***** about at&t because it's the "trendy" thing to do. So your bill might go up $15 or $20 a month with at&t or you can go to Verizon and add $30 on top of that extra $20. But hey, I guess there is always Cricket for all those who want to stay cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by kenpura View Post
    sprint wasn't competition at first. 8 years ago or so they were probably the least favored mobile network out of all the available options. horrible customer service, hidden fees and expensive plans.
    Sprint is still the same! lol
    Last edited by AUSTIN3:16; 03-21-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sprint rarely has competition. It is a good network and carrier, but you don't see a big multimedia
    rivalry going on between Sprint, and another carrier. Sprint had lots of dropped calls for my family and I. The prices were good. AT&T is infact becoming the best carrier in infrastructure, but they still have competition.
    VERIZON.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
    Sprint is still the same! lol
    You lose the effect when you do it more than once!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quick question, if I take my sim out and use my ATT sim in a non-smatphone will I still have to pay for data? Seems like data should be optional for iPhone and tmobile phones since wifi is everywhere.

AT&T bought a big chunk of spectrum last year, I guess that didn't fulfill their need. So they bought T-Mobile for
    extra spectrum, coverage, and reliability they couldn't acquire from amongst themselves.
    Although they're wasting money on not developing anything this major buyout could improve
    consumer needs for better coverage in areas T-Mobile covered, and AT&T didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Quick question, if I take my sim out and use my ATT sim in a non-smatphone will I still have to pay for data? Seems like data should be optional for iPhone and tmobile phones since wifi is everywhere.
    An automatic data plan will be added.
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 03-22-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Thanks

If apple starts selling unlocked iPhones thru AT&T and tmobile, maybe the dev team can focus on untethered jailbreaks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    If apple starts selling unlocked iPhones thru AT&T and tmobile, maybe the dev team can focus on untethered jailbreaks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    They already are. Unlocks are to Jailbreakers, as Jailbreakers are to regular iPhone users.

Let's face it, not many people need this, they just want it to look cool.

I know I'll get blasted for that, but it needs to be said. It's been 6 months! Buy a phone you can use.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    AT&T bought a big chunk of spectrum last year, I guess that didn't fulfill their need. So they bought T-Mobile for
    extra spectrum, coverage, and reliability they couldn't acquire from amongst themselves.
    Although they're wasting money on not developing anything this major buyout could improve
    consumer needs for better coverage in areas T-Mobile covered, and AT&T didn't.

An automatic data plan will be added.
    No u won't be required to have a data plan . U would have to call to have the data plan taken off since u aren't using a smartphone but once u put that aim back in the smartphone then a data plan will automatically be added.

Ok.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234