Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Customers May Be Left Waiting a Year for The iPhone

Liar!!
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Arrow Apple Carrier
    the iphone would be a whole lot better if app created it's own carrier, it has more than enough money and power to do that.
    -Kingk614

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Well, IF the merger goes through, we will be cancelling with AT&T/T-Mobile (I can't stand AT&T's poor customer service, I put up with it at work, because it is what they have chosen, but I will not use it personally).

I am holding out hope that the authorities will completely block such a merger under anti-trust laws.
    Good luck with depending on "authorities" to interfere with this merger. At&t paid top dollars to buy out tmobile and they agreed to it so no one can stop this merger now. This is life accept it son.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

so what does this mean for T-mobile users as far as their bill? I wonder if they will be able to keep their current rate plan and get 3G data speeds finally, because T-mobile ran a different Band for 3G thats why the iphone only got EDGE speed with T-mobile, can they just switch something like that or what. I just dont see any good to come out of this. I recently was looking into all the different mobile phone company prices and they are EFFFING expensive no doubt, but T-mobile was better priced than AT&T and def better than VERIZON which is by far the most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mhtruth View Post
    No. This merger is different than the Sprint grabbing nextel or Cingular grabbing AT&T (to create the "new At&t). This merger gets rid of GSM carrier options(sim card/ international capable phones. Leaving the US with more CDMA carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Cricket, Metro wireless) options and 1 GSM carrier. Meaning if you have a GSM phone and you plan to use it (no matter where you got it from) your forced to Use it only on At&t...(ridiculous rates)... T- mobile was always the cheaper option for ppl like me who like testing out new phones and dumping them. With at&t it's gonna cost more and be pointless to unlock phone because the freedom of choice option is GONE...(unless your an heavy international traveller) Also i cant test a Sprint phone on verizon or vice versa... i can take it to Cricket/metro but then im back in the service pit.

You cant take a GSM phone(tmob/At&t) to a CDMA carrier (sprint/verizon)/cricket)...You will have to buy a whole new phone or suck it up and settle for At&t's abusive billing tactics...

I've watch my At&t bill ever month for !6months (back when i had them 3yrs ago), and they lied and added little nonsense charges every month, they spam text and raise charges every so often without option....SCREW AT&T Im not going back.

FCC SHOULD STOP THIS MADNESS IMEDIATELY!!!
    What an anti-AT&T liar! You wasted so much of your life to post these lies.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    so what does this mean for T-mobile users as far as their bill? I wonder if they will be able to keep their current rate plan and get 3G data speeds finally, because T-mobile ran a different Band for 3G thats why the iphone only got EDGE speed with T-mobile, can they just switch something like that or what. I just dont see any good to come out of this. I recently was looking into all the different mobile phone company prices and they are EFFFING expensive no doubt, but T-mobile was better priced than AT&T and def better than VERIZON which is by far the most expensive.
    After your contract ends with tmobile you will be switch over to AT&T billing plans.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 03-21-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Haha yeah!
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of all the other concerns people are buggin about iPhone being available to TMob! Wow really??

How about are you going to be able to keep your $10 unlimited texting instead of $20 on Att. How about unlimited $25 data plan as suppose to 2GB data plan of $25 nd so on. How abouT if Att will revoke your plan and make you pay more. You cant sue T-Mob as they wont be there after it takes affect. Wow some people are really really ........ weird.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait...since tmobile and at&t are merging, wouldnt that mean that tmobile will have the iPhone since it'll be merged with at%t?

Yes, but it might not be rocked 'til the iPhone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Wait...since tmobile and at&t are merging, wouldnt that mean that tmobile will have the iPhone since it'll be merged with at%t?
    Yes, but it won't be rocked 'til iPhone 6.
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 03-21-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ are you some kind of troll? you've posted countless times in this thread and have contributed absolutely nothing. why do you some of you (t-mobile users) think that the merger will mean less reception for you? do you honestly think that once the merger takes place that cell towers and satellites will just cease to exist? use your brain.. holy crap.

No, I'm not a troll. Go away ok. I'm a contributor unlike you.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpura View Post
    ^^ are you some kind of troll? you've posted countless times in this thread and have contributed absolutely nothing. why do you some of you (t-mobile users) think that the merger will mean less reception for you? do you honestly think that once the merger takes place that cell towers and satellites will just cease to exist? use your brain.. holy crap.
    We don't need commotion starters like you coming along, being sarcastic and rude to users! Opinions are opinions deal with it. Rules state to keep discussion more of a debate not a quarrel. Please check out MMi forum posting rules.

Thanks,
    Gr0und
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 03-21-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

so your post where you said "liar!" was a contribution? "agreed" was a contribution? what about "yeah bye nice knowing you" and "haha yeah!"? why don't you go away? like i said, you contribute nothing. the only thing you've contributed to this thread is posting about an "iphone 6" when you nor anybody else has evidence of.

We all know further iterations of Apple devices should continue, plus the name of the thread indicates which iPhone will be T-Mobile. I'm allowed to agree, and joke around with users and friends. Please tell me what rules I'm breaking, and where that rule i'm "breaking" is.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah, we do know that there are many iterations of apple devices and that the trend exists within all of their product lines. you're not breaking any rules that i know of or even care about. what i am saying is that you are a moron and contribute nothing to this thread. not many people that have posted in here have contributed anything worthwhile come to think of it. there shouldn't even be an option to reply to threads like this because of people such as yourself.

You are being immature. Be polite, ok? Secondly what contributions have you made to this thread besides accusing people of trolling and being a troll yourself?
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Green Apple
    Thanks

were you being mature or polite when you called somebody a liar? stop trying to be anything more than what you are, kid.

Default Losses or gains - we'll see
    What is all this talk about a Monopoly? There will still be three phone companies, hence there wont be a Monopoly. Yes, there will only one be GSM provider, but unless your a world traveler, you can also use CDMA phone in the US. Its your choice. So no, relax, there wont be a Monopoly.

Prices wont jump up by huge margins either, because small providers (Virgin, Boost, Metro PCS, etc) that use the Verizon and Sprint network would pick up all customers and AT&T wont want that either.

I am currently a T-Mobile customer, and this is what i see happening with my service as an iPhone owner:

- 3G Internet (finally)
    - similar costs (because neither Verizon nor Sprint charge a lot more)
    - better service (because T-Mobile stinks)
    - more free "in-network" calls = less minutes used
    - worse customer service (boo-hoo, i dont need someone to hold my hand all the time)

Let it come, you have no control either way, and embrace the fact that this change has its benefits to current T-Mobile users & AT&T users.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to spyder2005 For This Useful Post:

The Predator (03-22-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ now THERES a contribution. thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0undBreak1ng View Post
    Yes, but it might not be rocked 'til the iPhone 6.

Yes, but it won't be rocked 'til iPhone 6.
    I think your confusing what is actually going on. ATT is BUYING T-Mobile, not a merger. T-Mobile will NOT have the iPhone as once the purchase is completed (in 18+months) T-Mobile will cease to exist. Your unlocked iphone on T-Mobile will no longer be on T-Mobile's network, it will be on ATT's now larger network. In conclusion, no LOCKED iPhone on T-Mobile.

Thanks

To me..At&t Merging with T-Mobile makes Sense. Two of the largest GSM Mobile phone companies into one HUGE 4G Company. Although I'm an At&t Customer and I love my iPhone and iPad(both of them), it would make an interesting bed fellow. BUT..I'm all for this Merge.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast