Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Customers May Be Left Waiting a Year for The iPhone

probably but there is unlock(if one ever comes)
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Yeah. T-Mobile will have iphone soon then sprint then iphone will be on gsm and other networks
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not going to be as bad as many of you say. Gsm is not something that most average consumers think about. They will still have Verizon and Sprint to compete with in terms of cost, they will end up with a stronger infrastructure, and many of T-Mobile's good qualities will hopefully be incorporated.
    People keep acting like they need to call customer service twice a week. I've called maybe once in 5 years. Is it really that black and white with the two companies?

By some of the logic in this thread, there's no way Cydia/RockYourPhone merge was legal. Haven't seen any court cases on that.

The build-up and strenghtening of AT&T's infrastructure will include better coverage, more consumer, Verizon and Sprint will soon be at the bottom. AT&T incorporating T-Mobile is a big deal which will make
    AT&T the leading carrier and service provider in the nation!
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

And Cydia's acquisition made them the only provider of their services

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation NO GSM OPTIONS IS BAD for business
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Well wouldn't the FCC have to block all merges then?
    No. This merger is different than the Sprint grabbing nextel or Cingular grabbing AT&T (to create the "new At&t). This merger gets rid of GSM carrier options(sim card/ international capable phones. Leaving the US with more CDMA carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Cricket, Metro wireless) options and 1 GSM carrier. Meaning if you have a GSM phone and you plan to use it (no matter where you got it from) your forced to Use it only on At&t...(ridiculous rates)... T- mobile was always the cheaper option for ppl like me who like testing out new phones and dumping them. With at&t it's gonna cost more and be pointless to unlock phone because the freedom of choice option is GONE...(unless your an heavy international traveller) Also i cant test a Sprint phone on verizon or vice versa... i can take it to Cricket/metro but then im back in the service pit.

You cant take a GSM phone(tmob/At&t) to a CDMA carrier (sprint/verizon)/cricket)...You will have to buy a whole new phone or suck it up and settle for At&t's abusive billing tactics...

I've watch my At&t bill ever month for !6months (back when i had them 3yrs ago), and they lied and added little nonsense charges every month, they spam text and raise charges every so often without option....SCREW AT&T Im not going back.

FCC SHOULD STOP THIS MADNESS IMEDIATELY!!!

Crazy I was actually thinking of leaving At&t and going back to T-Mobile. Ever since I moved in my new house I drop atleast 5-7 calls a day here. What to do

It wont make a difference AT&T is wasting their money on buying T-mobile. There isn't going to be a difference soon.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Ha Ha Bye T-Mobile
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

Yeah bye nice knowing you
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Im on T-Mobile.
    Out of contract.
    Using an iPhone 4.
    Somehow I can't see any benefit to peeps in my situation.
    Whatsoever.
    I do hope it provides better coverage for ALL Att iPhone users.
    But I imagine that will come at a heavy price for everyone.
    Change is good.
    But monopolies...well, hardly the form change should inhabit.

This seems like a non-issue (or a fabricated issue) to me. If T-Mobile customers wanted an iPhone then they would have gotten one by now. The decision to merge with AT&T was not their own - they're not 'waiting' for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Well wouldn't the FCC have to block all merges then?
    No those were 2 separate statements.

If the merger does go through, AT&T would be the sole provider of gsm mobile phones in the US, on that basis I think the FCC would have a pretty good antitrust case against the merger. I have limited expertise in the area of corporate law so it's just an educated guess.

The statement at the end regarding competition was just a reminder that when there is more than just 1 provider for a particular service or product, the provider knows full and well that the customer can always leave and use one of the other providers and thus strive to keep the customer satisfied.

I.e. Consumers win

If on the other hand there is only one provider, they know the customer really has no choice but to stay with them, so they couldn't give half a **** about the customers satisfaction.

I.e. Consumers lose

Yeah because GSM-GSM networks. Plus Verizon is LTE.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Thanks

I was happy when I first heard of the merger...WHY you ask? It seems to be the only way Tmobile will get the iPhone. I don't currently have Tmobile but I used to have it. My company uses AT&T and Verizon, with various phones to choose from. I have an iPhone on AT&T as of now. I too believe the few qualities Tmobile has will be lost in the merger, as the huge conglomerate takes the wheel...time will tell :]

Unless unlock which is dead
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Quote Originally Posted by mhtruth View Post
    No. This merger is different than the Sprint grabbing nextel or Cingular grabbing AT&T (to create the "new At&t). This merger gets rid of GSM carrier options(sim card/ international capable phones. Leaving the US with more CDMA carriers (Sprint, Verizon, Cricket, Metro wireless) options and 1 GSMcarrier. Meaning if you have a GSM phone and you plan to use it (no matter where you got it from) your forced to Use it only on At&t...(ridiculous rates)... T- mobile was always the cheaper option for ppl like me who like testing out new phones and dumping them. With at&t it's gonna cost more and be pointless to unlock phone because the freedom of choice option is GONE...(unless your an heavy international traveller) Also i cant test a Sprint phone on verizon or vice versa... i can take it to Cricket/metro but then im back in the service pit.

You cant take a GSM phone(tmob/At&t) to a CDMA carrier (sprint/verizon)/cricket)...You will have to buy a whole new phone or suck it up and settle for At&t's abusive billing tactics...

I've watch my At&t bill ever month for !6months (back when i had them 3yrs ago), and they lied and added little nonsense charges every month, they spam text and raise charges every so often without option....SCREW AT&T Im not going back.

FCC SHOULD STOP THIS MADNESS IMEDIATELY!!!
    This whole post is horseshit. I had ATT before the merger with Cingular, T-mobile, and am now back to ATT for the last year and a half. There are no little charges added, if you read your contract it states plainly what you will get charged for where.

Yes T-Mobile was a little cheaper, at the expense of having dreadfully bad coverage.

Also ATT has only raised their rates on data, for obvious reasons. I pay the same now for minutes as I did in 2004.

Agreed lol he's a liar. I have had att over 5 years and my bill like never changes. I am happy with service and hardly ever have to call customer service. And if I do it usually results in a credit to my account. T mobile service sucks where I live but I'm happy about the deal because I know otherwise it would take att forever to upgrade to 4g which Tmobile has already got the ball rolling with pretty well

Also I would think with the buyout they would have to offer t mobile customers an option to leave without paying ETFs so they could just get on att plan and get an iPhone right awau
    Last edited by Sem656; 03-21-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast