+ Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Acquire T-Mobile and Become the Largest US Wireless Provider

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Holy. Effing. Shite. The end of cell freedom is ending.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy. Effing. Shite.
    The end of cell freedom is ending.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ cool guy..What u mean by that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    This is very disturbing for T-Mobile customers. I choose T-Mobile because I didn't want to pay the exorbitant fees for talk, text and data that AT&T and Verizon charge.
    Before all of you T-mobile subscribers go and slit your wrists, calm down and take a deep breath. Ultimately, if you stay with AT&T after the merger is complete youíre likely going pay more. However, the quality of your service is going to increase as well and youíre going the have access to the largest variety of phones in the country (at least until LTE is ubiquitous between AT&T and Verizon in a few years).

If T-mobile was so great, why have they always had just a third of the number of subscribers of AT&T, even before there was any such thing as an iPhone?

But more importantly, if T-mobile was so great, why did they literally just get owned by AT&T? Apparently, charging a nickel a month for unlimited everything plans is a dumb business model that doesnít yield enough revenue to actually build some more towers to get the same quality of service as the big boys. Itís the network stupid. People vote with their wallets by buying service that actually works. Thatís why the number of T-mobile and Sprint subscribers pale in comparison to AT&T and Verizon.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    one more thing....just last week att announced is going to send you an email if you are tethering and automatically add $20 to your bill...i highly doubt they will let tmobile unlimited data plans grandfather...
    As with EVERY merger that has EVER happened in the wireless industry you will be grandfathered in. You will be able to keep the plan you are on until YOU decide to change it. you will be able to get a new phone, sign a new contract, and you won't have to change your plan. AT&T has grandfathered everyone from AT&T wireless to Cingular to at&t. Even the iPad unlimited plan is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
    Hope this means free mobile to mobile with tmobile customers, I left tmobile for att and couldn't be happier but the rest of my fam stayed with tmobile.
    Do you know at&t offers the unlimited mobile to any mobile if you have unlimited messaging.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I guess now no iphone 4 unlock will be needed by the Dev-team.
    Lol, I love this I pay $119 for my T-mobile services and I was leaving t-mobile for AT&T soon the iPhone 5 comes out. I can't not wait I'm for it

Thanks

AWW YEAH....Just means that NOW..At&t will HAVE THE LARGEST 4G in the US, Period.BUT..that also means that more phone choices for T-Mobile customers including the Beloved iPhone.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    AWW YEAH....Just means that NOW..At&t will HAVE THE LARGEST 4G in the US, Period.BUT..that also means that more phone choices for T-Mobile customers including the Beloved iPhone.
    Actually T-mobile wont be getting the iphone (for now)

T-Mobile answers its customers' most Frequently Asked Question: no iPhone -- Engadget

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Does that mean we will soon see a UMA iPhone??????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, so apparently, this still requires approval from regulatory agencies....what i want to know is what agencies are these and who do I contact to let them know that I am against this merger. It is nothing but a BAD idea for consumers. (As the past cell phone mergers have been SBC -> Cingulair -> AT&T, Nextel-> Sprint. Each time the costs went up and the customer service went down. While they didn't force you to change plans, they made the phones on older plans not work well and when you gave in and went to upgrade, they made you switch plans).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am excited about the news.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

^reply to cmwady77 --- actually when you compare the plans min and such the price fell. But... Doesn't meant the price will fall now. The FCC and gov body for anti trust. However with 43% of the market expected after the merger the anti trust doesn't have a leg not even for p-lells. We will see. ATT went thru a dissband from the FCC in the 90s which devided them up into 7 sectors to comply with the anti trust law as well as others. The result was.... No corner mkt. The increased prices then for home and calling cards. Let's hope they learned a lesson or two.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I am excited about the news.
    So. Am. I.

Thanks

woot my 2 fav cell company AT&T-mobile..i dont like Verizon/sprint/cricket/grasshopper/ladybug
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    AT&T has identical prices across the board other than data prices which are better with Verizon if you are a high data consumer and better with AT&T if you are a low data consumer.
    Something has to be cheaper because with identical features I'm paying $15 less per month than I was on Verizon. Maybe AT&T charges less fees or Verizon just changed their prices because this was as of the end of February.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great news, Really Really Great News.
    [SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of misplaced logic here.

Anybody remember the AT&T/Cingular deal?

Basically, Cingular was awesome, and AT&T sucked. The combination of subscribers and towers equaled a mkting promo to get more subscribers, and it sure did. Too many. So AT&T's service began to suck.

T-mo is in the same position Cingular was, except it has crappier avg srvc. Unified, this means tons more subscribers, not as many more towers, and probably another mkting field day = much much crappier srvc.

Overall, it looks pretty. But history is dictating otherwise. Sure hope AT&T is able to pull this one off better than the Cingular merger.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this acquisition include the hot chic from the T-Mo commercial? :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Shocking, but this will be great for existing ATT customers.
    We inherit their towers and improve our service quality, right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I'm furious...unlimited internet for $5 a month, free tethering, world-class customer service...all gone
    After reading several comments, what most are saying is that everything will be like Being with AT&T. There are several negotiating contracts that will bring T-Mobile ethics to AT&T. A positive note is that T-Mobile atmosphere will bring better customer service to AT&T.it is a joint contract not a buy out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I'm furious...unlimited internet for $5 a month, free tethering, world-class customer service...all gone
    Oh boohoo! You people act like they were advertising $5 Internet for smartphones. T-Mobile is lame, their "4G" is about as real as the loch ness monster and their customers are cheapskates! Also, look in your contract, tethering is not free; you are just doing it anyway.

Sadly, this will not stop people from taking iPhone 3G and 3GS to T-Mo for all the EDGE they can stand! Ha!
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 03-21-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix